OT: I'm stuck in the lab, its midnight and i can't even play D2 :( o

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
OT: I'm stuck in the lab, its midnight and i can't even play D2 :(

Argh... someone save me!!!

i've been purifying DNA by filtration/column adsorbtion. Basically its a syringe with some filter stuff and liquid on top, slooooowly dripping through. Its been doing it since 4pm and i'm still here!!!!!! (note: more than 1 exclamation mark, sure sign of insane mind)

I've been to every time wasting site I can think of and still it comes back to the dripping. AAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!
 

TheKbob

Diabloii.Net Member
*drip*

*drip*

*drip*


*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*


*DRIP*


... Sucks dude, but most people on the forums + me will not know what teh **** you are talking about. Sounds long and tedius, but hey... uh... Breakfast soon! Get some pancakes... mmmm pancakes...

~Kbob
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, lets just say its one colourless clear liquid dripping incessantly.

Think of a water clock counting down the seconds of your life. Its not even as exciting as that though. It is averaging one (very small) drip every 46 seconds. Yes, i just timed it with a stop watch, thats how boring it is.
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
TheKbob said:
Bastard!!! I've been to all of them already this evening. I've been in the lab for 10 hours now. Almost tempted to bring my pc in so i can play. not worth it now i guess and the security guard might ask questions about me anti-stealing a computer from the dept.
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
TheKbob said:
... Sucks dude, but most people on the forums + me will not know what teh **** you are talking about. Sounds long and tedius, but hey... uh... Breakfast soon! Get some pancakes... mmmm pancakes...

~Kbob
I should probably point out that i don't understand what i'm doing either. Its a kit with numbers.
 

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Man, let me tell you that's not all. After the lab you won't be able to play D2 either, because you have to write the super lengthy report.

I'm a bio major, too. Good luck. Wash your hands before you leave the lab.:D
 

TheKbob

Diabloii.Net Member
proudfoot said:
Kbob you're a drip. :lol:

Sounds boring. Have any books to read?
Stupid phat bunny...

Reading is fun and educational!!!*

~Kbob

*Porn doesn't count
 

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
mes_uno said:
Argh... someone save me!!!

i've been purifying DNA by filtration/column adsorbtion. Basically its a syringe with some filter stuff and liquid on top, slooooowly dripping through. Its been doing it since 4pm and i'm still here!!!!!! (note: more than 1 exclamation mark, sure sign of insane mind)

I've been to every time wasting site I can think of and still it comes back to the dripping. AAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!!
How can this be? I am doing exactly the same thing! I feel your pain.
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
How can this be? I am doing exactly the same thing! I feel your pain.

Even worse.... I was walking home last night and bumped into another chemist gimp. Told him what i had been doing and he said he had a similar kit, except that his you could do in a centrifuge and get the WHOLE thing done in 45 MINUTE instead of ten hours. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

I did steal some dry ice from the lab though, for a party this evening.
 

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
We just took over the centrifuge in the Biology department. Ours were being used, and we weren't going to spend a lot of time on this experiment.
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
We just took over the centrifuge in the Biology department. Ours were being used, and we weren't going to spend a lot of time on this experiment.
Doh!!

just went back in this morning and found my water bath had leaked. One dead rotary incubator later. I'm sure they are gonna take my swipe card off me some day soon.
 

mes_uno

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
You sir, are a true poet. :worship:
Amen to that.

I have to go in now and run a gel. And face all the stick for killing the incubator. This is assuming they haven't deactivated my swipe card for the door already.

Anyway, off to france this weekend with the boid. Something interesting to look forward to there anyway
 

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Have fun with the gel. I got some miniprepping to do and need to make a few blots.
 
Top