OT: If you could make a movie out of a game...

OT: If you could make a movie out of a game...

Which game would you do? Several games have been turned into movies, such as lara croft, mario brothers *shudders*, final fantasy *screams and tries to stab own eyes out*, resident evil, etc. But mostly, they suck.

Apart from the obvious Diablo, what other games would make good movies?
I think that unreal tournament would make a kick ass movie (vin deisel would be perfect, or arnie if he stops playing politions for a while). Guy wants to fight in tournament, starts working his way up the ranking, lots of cool guns and places. as long as they dont turn it into a predictable revenge thing. (champion kills heroes parents when he was a kid, now he comes after him)

Another great movie would be pacman. It could be a prison escape, digging through the tunnels with the orange and blue guards following, but first he needs to collect all his marbles trhat he dropped along the corridors. :lol:

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Unreal Tournament sounds cool. I think Halo for XBox would make a great movie aswell. Vin Diesel there too. I really like that guy in action movies.

Other thoughs:
Ninja Gaiden XBOX
Diablo PC

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Planescape: Torment. No competetion. Though that might actually be more suitable to a novel. But a movie could potentially be awesome too if done right.

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I agree that UT would make an awesome movie... I still play UT '99, so, I'm probably a bit biased.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Planescape: Torment. No competetion. Though that might actually be more suitable to a novel. But a movie could potentially be awesome too if done right.
That or NeverWinter Nights. Shoot, I just relized that they did a D&D movie, but I think that was based off of the straight hardcopy RP though.

Nightfire05

Diabloii.Net Member
Final Fantasy 10 might make a neat movie...you know, if they actually did it RIGHT. *mutters something about the FF movie* I agree on the UT thing too, that would be neat.

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Mafia: city of lost heaven....i just like those old mobster films ;)

Hitman: codename 47, silent assasin, contracts would look good too.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfire05 said:
Final Fantasy 10 might make a neat movie...you know, if they actually did it RIGHT. *mutters something about the FF movie* I agree on the UT thing too, that would be neat.
The FF movie wasn't too bad - the problem was that the storyline was a little too detailed, perhaps, to get it across properly in a movie! That and the fact that it was mostly a tech-demo of how good Square's CG stuff is now (or rather, was then...)

How about Time Crisis: The Movie? Richard Miller is, after all, billed as a 'one-man army'... typical action-movie fodder.

Ana

Diabloii.Net Member
Jagged Alliance would be a nice choice: dictators, action, drugs, guns (even aliens if you want to). Strategie and tactics or just plain guns blazing.

Krikke

Diabloii.Net Member
Btw, is there a D2 done quick movie? Like there is for Half-Life, Half-Life 2 and Quake etc..

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Farcry would make a pretty good action flick.

Doom 3 would be a nice sci-fi horror, except they already turned it into another resident evil on mars. :rant:

HL2 would probably some sort of drama more than an action movie.

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
water_moon said:
That or NeverWinter Nights. Shoot, I just relized that they did a D&D movie, but I think that was based off of the straight hardcopy RP though.
Yes and just let me say- the D&D movie SUCKED. I mentioned this game in another thread- freespace 2..aren't we due for a good sci-fi space dogfight flick? i mean, we've got starwars and battlestar gallactica on the scifi channel...i'd just love to see the CGI version of the clashes between capital ships with their massive laser cannons trying to melt each other in half.

Anyone gonna go see the Doom movie? there was a lot of information on it on /. awhile back and it sounds decent enough.

i sure have been burned on game movies though. what was that one...last 1.5 years or so maybe? about the kids who are going to a rave on some island, but it turns out that the island is just a man eating zombie refuge. then at the end there's the big zombie shootout and everytime a zombie dies, there's like..a splash screen shot of the video game in action.

my god it..it was terrible. And i even prepared myself *wink* before i went in. you know a film sucks when it kills your buzz. :mad:

adeadrat

Diabloii.Net Member
I have always wanted to see Deus Ex made into a movie, as it is my favorite game of all time.

Of course, getting all those plot details into a movie would be a daunting task, but it would be a wonderful conspiracy movie (if done right).

I did hear that a movie was being planned, but I havent heard anything recently. Anyone know anything?

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't think I will. It dosen't even remotely sounds like the game, just another cheap sci-fi horror with crappy script. For ****'s sake they even used super virus and zombies, aren't there enough resident evil stuff already?

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
gravitysrainbow said:
my god it..it was terrible. And i even prepared myself *wink* before i went in. you know a film sucks when it kills your buzz. :mad:
And then there's things like A Wookie Christmas that you know they were so "buzzed" to make something like that, that your brain fries itself.

edit: GW would make a twisted movie.

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
water_moon said:
And then there's things like A Wookie Christmas that you know they were so "buzzed" to make something like that, that your brain fries itself.
tell me you're kidding about the wookie xmas thing. i bet the carroling segments confuse a lot of household pets.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
The only thing that comes to my mind is Mortal Kombat, but that has already been made. Great movies btw ;)