Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: I might be the biggest Nerd Ever

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mcsaladshaker, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

OT: I might be the biggest Nerd Ever

I have just found a way to study vocabulary for the SATs while mfing thresh with my sorc.
    The steps:

1) Create a game
    2) While the game is being created, look at a word and defenition
    3) Since theres nothing all too dangerous in the arreat plateau, it doesn't require a great deal of concentration to tele there. So while teleporting, think of a way to memorize the word (example: Assuage - to relieve or lessen.... hmmm @$$, when you fart, its a relief)
    4) Kill Thresh and repeat

It might take a few games to figure out how to memorize a word. And I do them in groups of 5, like I'll memorize 5 words, then make sure I'll know all 5 words, then move on to the next group of 5, then do all 10. Hope I helped some people out there study their vocab o_O

2. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

I agree with you.

Your idea about the vocab pnemonic is pretty good too.

3. SoL-Rich

SoL-Rich IncGamers Member

Most High Noble Nerd

Nerds rule the land.

4. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

lol SAT's don't count for as much as you would think... I am rejected by UVA with an SAT of 1370 and my friend is accepted with an SAT of 1230. But wait he had 4 AP courses under his belt and a GPA over 4.0, while my GPA was a mere 3.2 with no AP courses... Although it doesn't hurt to have a high score it really doesn't matter to much if your work ethic is not the greatest :) (I say this because in HS your grades are not measured by how intelligent you are, infact you are measured upon how much time you put into your work + studies). In my case homework was something that was never done. I hate to say it but I kinda wish I had a better work ethic now in college. It is no longer possible to ace a test without ever doing anything other than just paying attention in class :(. By all means study for the SAT's if you want but don't stress out about it, they are not nearly as important as you may think.

5. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

got news for u

Guess what, it's the same in college/grad school and work/career. Get used to it, fast.

6. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

I did good at the Swedish kind of "SAT", and that was the sole reason to why I got into uni. T'is like a free ticket! =D

7. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

I am so glad that I'm Canadian and didn't have to put up with that SAT bull---- when I applied for universities.

That said, I'm taking some Tai Chi courses right now, and one of the important parts to practicing the different moves is to memorize what they're called so that you can focus on them as you go. They all have very expressive names, like "Wild Horse Divides The Mane," or "White Crane Spreads Its Wings."

We learn maybe a couple of new steps each week, so to memorize them, I've been using each one as my MSN name. It's kind of impossible to forget them when it's on your screen all the time. I suppose if I wanted to go a little further, I'd make D2 characters after them.

8. ConnerMacleod

Wax on, Wax Off! Wax on, Wax Off!

9. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Swedish SAT- even the highest possible score doesn't grant a spot for becoming a Doctor for example... :lol:

So Rottweil... What did you get :scratch:

10. RottweilExpress

Double - I know. You pretty much need 2.0 for doctor. They accept a certain % taken from the "SAT" quota, so if there are many 2.0 applications, then tough luck... Then again, less than 0.7% of all that took the test 2003 scored 2.0.

I took the test for the first time this autumn, and scored 1.5. Pretty damn decent if you ask me. At least it's only 16% that scores 1.5 or higher than that. I thought about doing it again for "fun" this spring to hopefully make an even better test since I scored 1.8 on an (short simple) interactive test on the net. But nah, I got in, so I'll leave it alone.

11. doubleOObubble

Right, 2.0 doesn't cut it for medical school. Let's say I learned the hard way :uhhuh:

*tooting of own horn fades*

12. RottweilExpress

Oh, you scored 2.0? Awesome, just awesome!

So where did you apply? May I suggest Linköping? They have a very good standard for their medical eduvations. During an evaluation the got 91/100. That is equal to..uhm..Gbg or Sthlm. 91 was the highest score anyway. Linköping is also easier to get in to, as opposed to Sthlm.

I'm currently studying to become a nurse. My goal is the paramedics, which is the most exciting and fun job I've ever tried (The ambulance).

13. doubleOObubble

Well, I'm about a year from my masters in Engineering Physics, so no new applying! But my first choice was becoming a Doctor. I would have made a place I think (was like 8'th in line) but decided I'd go for sharks with friggin' L.A.S.E.R beams attached to their heads... I don't know if I regret it. Physicians/Physicists - look about the same to me :lol:

So, you watch alot of "Tredje skiftet" and "E.R." then? :lol: Good luck in the future!

14. ConnerMacleod

Hell, I wanted to be an attorney, but my grades weren't good enough. Stupid 3.2 from a major university.

Now, I ask you. What person who you are defending gives a crap if your grades were good enough? It's all about building an argument. Law schools hardly existed in America until someone figured out there was a buck to be made. Probably a bunch of Business majors did it to the attorneys, now the attorneys are getting the Business majors back by suing them out of existence. Interesting country I live in.

Ok, back on topic.

15. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

i just want to have the right to be called an engineer.

16. RottweilExpress

Hahaha, well nah. I enjoy "Life in the ER" on discovery, because it's real and it's nearly uncut too. But the Swedish Ambulance don't see that much action. I've spent lots of hours with them, and haven't seen that much action. It's still the best darn job I've ever tried though.

Too bad you missed out on the Doctors spot.

17. 10thattempttoregister

10thattempttoregister IncGamers Member

You become a Nurse to become a Paramedic there? Are Ambulance the scoop and run to the nearest hospital type like here in Canada and the US or the traveling ER on wheels sho treat the patient at the scene like in France?

18. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I don't know all the facts, but IIIRC they have to be Nurses to work the Ambulance, and they treat the patience at location.

Hell, some ambulances (OLA) are like mini-hospitals on wheels, with all kinds of stuff in them :lol:

Luckily I know all this via a friend who works in a hospital, and not through own experience as a patient :)

/Magnus

19. 10thattempttoregister

10thattempttoregister IncGamers Member

IIRC? What is that?

I work as a Nurse in a Post-op Recovery room. (Actually I am working right now watch a post c-section lady unthaw). There are people who work both Nursing and the Ambulance. But the training is very different. Nurses are trained in Colleges or Universities and the Ambulance crews are trained by the Justice Institute (I think. Hope I did not get this wrong). The training is much more practical for the Ambulance crews .. but there main job is to get the patient to the ER so a doctor can treat the patient.

20. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Never thought I'd hear someone say this....

:lol: