Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Holy Crap! (Music: Trivium)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Serdash, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

OT: Holy Crap! (Music: Trivium)

Well I just *cough* acquired their album called Ascendancy.

All I have to say is;

Dude... that kicks so much ass.

The music is somewhat similar to Avenged Sevenfold in the ways that the heavy drum and bass mix in with a lighter guitar and while there are long occasions where they scream, there is some nice melodic parts as well.

Overall it's just amazing. From what I know I think they're on the second stage at Ozzfest this year. My friend Tony(A huge Ozzy/Sabbath fan, he's been to like every Ozzfest since he was 13 or something) introduced me to this band. And they're just overall amazing.

Recommended Songs:

Rain
    Like Light To The Flies
    Departure
    Ascendancy

The whole album is great, but those are some of the best songs I've listened to so far.

Definate recommended buy or download.

Anybody else listened to/heard of them?

2. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I've only heard one song from them...and it isn't really my style of music..I like the more modern metal. Are you going to see them at Ozzfest?? That would be cool. It's totally unfair that the US gets all these cool festivals and here in Denmark we're stuck with lousy Roskilde festival...okay Roskilde is kind of cool, but 1 festival a year:(

Maybe this should be posted in the Days Of Our Lives/Music thread??

3. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

Wow This is the Second serious post i've ever seen Serdash make. I am both shocked and appalled. and no ive never heard of them but they dont hold a candle to good old ACDC

4. Serdash

@Chimaira: I wouldn't mind going to Ozzfest. The only thing is that where I live, the closest place to me, isn't that close. That and I don't really have anyone who would be willing to fork up the cash to go with me. And I don't do concerts alone. Who else will help me tag-team people in the mosh pits? Oh, btw, I noticed your name and is that in any way related to the band Chimaira? Curious because they're a pretty nice band.

@corax: I made a first serious post recently? Since when?! I DEMAND PROOF!

And they own ACDC. They own them like... like... something that just got owned badly, and it's all like "ONOZ! I GOT PWND!!1"

5. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Of course it is...first one to notice...And pretty nice doesn't cut it, they are awesome:) I go to concerts by my self all the time...The waiting around to get a good front row place is very boring but once the music starts I don't care who's with me. You should really go to Ozzfest, if nothing else then for all us poor fellows who don't have regular acces to heavy metal festivals:(

6. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

you could always not go to the concert which you can then use the money you saved to buy their CD so you can listen to them whenever you want and they sound better on CD too.

in other words im not a concert person.

Proof
    More Proof

serdash making a helpful post is like necrolemming ceasing to be a nub, shouldnt happen, ever

7. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry for the kinda OT

man, u should go to ozzfest, like chimaira, i go to concerts alone all the time. doesnt matter whos beside you in the pit when it starts ( unless its a gf ). i never get to go to an ozzfest, either location problems or finantial. we'd all be jelous, well i would be for sure.

Chimaira, when i noticed ur name the first thing i thought of was the band. never got the opertunity to ask you if it was indeed relevant to the band. and yeah they are a sweet band!

cheers, C.T.

edit: Corax, if a band only sounds good on a c.d. and not live then their not anywear close to good (IMO). they can alter every little thing in a recording studio, and overlay more instuments and vocal tracks ect ect..LIVE is what they really sound like.there is nothing like being in the pit with thousands of other die-hards with your favorite band on stage.

8. colony

colony Diabloii.Net Member

I've only got 2 of their songs, which I DL'd off their website, Pull Harder on the Strings, and Like Light to the Flies, and they were good, I just can't afford to buy CDs right now, and haven't got round to looking on Soulseek yet. If you like Trivium try listening to some Dark Tranquillity or Soilwork. Damage done by Dark Tranquillity is an amazing album. Great drumming and the melodic guitar riffs really work well with the vocals.

Also try to "obtain" a copy of A Predator's Portrait by Soilwork. They mix up the clean and growly vocals well and have some of the best guitar riffs around ATM.

As for metal festivals we get 2 in the UK: Download, and Bloodstock. Bloodstock has a bit too much power metal for my tastes this year, and Download costs about £130 for 3 days, including camping.

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I would go to more concerts if i could afford them. luckily, london and brighton are both popular places for heavy meal bands to play, and im within a 40 minute train journey to both of them.
    I want to go to reading festival this year. iron maiden and marilyn manson playing on th same day = 1 kickass festival. unfortunately all the ickets sold out before i could get hold of any, so i might see if theres soem on ebay that me and a mate can get.

10. Absel

Absel Diabloii.Net Member

Uh Bob, they are going to Leed's festival as well, which im going to!!! :D

11. Serdash

Oh I've been a fan of Soilwork for some years now. Though I haven't listened to much up past Chainheart Machine. I don't think I've quite listened to Dark Tranquility before, so I'll be sure to check them out.

Yeah. That's kind of a small thing for me. If the location isn't close enough I probably wouldn't get there anyways. A good friend to mosh with would probably also be my form of transportation.

Ozzfest has an amazing first stage set up though. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Shadows fall. Second stage consists of Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Mastodon, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Trivium and a bunch of other fairly nice bands. If it wasn't for the Sabbath/Iron Maiden combo I would almost say second stage is better than first this year.

It's not for another two months, though. So maybe I can get to it.

12. colony

Dark Tranquillity are definately worth checking out (Imagine In Flames, but with better drumming). Soilwork's latest album Figure Number Five is one of those albums that splits metalheads down the middle. Half of them hate it, and half of them love it. They use keyboards quite a bit and there's a lot more "clean" singing than before. I think it works well, although a lot of people would disagree...

And as for Ozzfest, well I would love that line-up for the UK. In Flames, Arch Enemy and Soilwork in the same day? I'm jealous already:p

And another band who definately deserve a listen (one is all it takes) are Opeth (if you aren't already a fan). Prog Metal with a lot of time key changes and acoustic guitars switching to electric, truly one of the most talented bands ever, including all the greats:thumbsup:

13. Serdash

Oh yeah. Opeth is definately amazing. White Cluster is an especially awesome song. I've not listened to as much of them as I'd like to, though.

14. colony

Blackwater Park's a good Opeth album if you haven't already got it. It has a few long songs (3 are longer than 10 minutes), but they never get repetetive, and it has some nice acoustic sections.

If you haven't heard of Green Carnation before then they're definately worth a listen. I was sent Light of Day, Day of Darkness over MSN and noticed that it was just one song that was an hour long, which did put me off a bit. But I listened to it and it never got boring or samey.

[​IMG][​IMG]:eek: Was my first reaction

It switches between slow and fast so easily, that it just feels right. I just can't believe that that one song never becomes boring, but it still sounds like the same song all the way through. Every time I start listening to it I have to listen to it all the way through, I can't stop halfway through.

And I've only had it for 6 days...