Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Hellboy!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by addicted2macs, Apr 5, 2004.

1. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

OT: Hellboy!!

As some of you may have surmised from my Avatar, I'm a bit of a Hellboy nut.

As such, I feel I would be remiss in my duties as a loyal fan if I didn't tell everyone...

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!

It is incredible. My wife even loved it, and she's never even seen a Hellboy comic.

So, if you can, get out and see it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

BTW: I'd love to talk about all the cool stuff, but I don't want to spoil anything.... :)

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Well, i would, (i live 45 seconds away from the cinema) but i dont have a clue when it comes out in the Netherlands though :)

but when it does, im seeing it for sjizzle :D

3. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Yes, I definately recommend that you go see the movie as well. It is excellent, it even had that comic book feel. If you enjoy comic books, you will love this movie.

4. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I'd give HellBoy a 2.5 overall, but in the genre it's a 4/5. It started really strong but finished with a fizzle. Too much to tie together. I think they started enough for 2 movies...unfortunately that doesn't work economically unless you're lucky enough for a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings (and LotR had a huge following is it was). Still worth seeing though.

5. Brass_Monkey

Brass_Monkey IncGamers Member

Wow, I only JUST made the connection with the av. I saw it Friday night after finding out that Dawn of the Dead wasn't playing anymore. Me and some friends had made plans, and we couldn't change them, so we went to see this "Hellboy" movie. I didn't know it was based on a comic, I've never even heard of Hellboy til Friday night, but that was without a doubt an awesome, awesome movie.
    </Monkey>

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

im not a comic book fan, and from the reviews ive read, i dont think ill be going. anyway, im going to see gothika on wednesday so that should be good.

7. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

I'm a huge comic fan, but have never read Hellboy. I saw it on Friday and thought it was good but not great. Ron Pearlman is perfect in the role. What happened to Abe though? he just vanished for the last 1/4 of the film. I would rather they either not introduced him at all, or come up with something for him to do in the final battle. I also would have prefered a little more variety in the monsters that Hellboy fought. The bad guys were killed off in the wrong order too. I know Rasputin was the 'main' bad guy, but the assassin guy was so much cooler and much more of a direct adversary.

It was still 100x better than Taking Lives which my partner & I snuck into afterwards. what a waste of an Angelina sex scene.

8. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Guess you're happy addicted since the movie hasn't brought any shame to your avatar :lol: . I also saw it, I liked it alot, mostly because it's different from other super hero movies in some ways.

Thumbs up from me :thumbsup: