Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT - Guild Wars Friend Pass for someone

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by goltar25, Mar 21, 2005.

1. goltar25

goltar25 IncGamers Member

OT - Guild Wars Friend Pass for someone

I know this should probably be in the Guild Wars forums, but I wanted to put it here first because I like the SPF.

water_moon and I have gotten a pre-order copy of Guild Wars. Very fun game by the way. Anyway, on to my point. We'vew got a friend's access pass for one beta weekend event, and there will be an event on the weekend of April 15. So since we know the SPF, and like the people here, we're going to give it to someone here who wants it. Instead of it being given to the first person who posts here, I ask that if you want it, you post in here why you think you should be the one to get it.

2. seige

seige IncGamers Member

I've never played Guild Wars and probably won't (time factor) I just wanted to say that's a great gesture by you and Water_Moon. :)

- Jas :wave:

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Why are people constantly talking about other games in a Diablo II forum...Guild Wars, World Of Warcraft and Spore..cut it out:) Nice gesture though but I'm a Diablo man:).

4. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Because this game was made by some of the D2 team. It's very well done and the closest I can think of to D3 in sprit. And it's a beta test. How cool is that? They WANT you to report bugs (and fix them right away if they can) No patches, it's all online so when you move to a different area, you get all of the current content right then. (and at least for now, it seems to be fairly jerk free!)

'Sides this pass is for 3 days, it's so one of our friends here can try out the game w/o paying for it to try it and see if they like it. Or hop over to the rpgforums GW forum, we just figured we know you guys & you're the kind of people who we'd want to have in the world and want to give you the first shot. There's even a D2 guild, I'd love to have an SPF guild.

5. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

I feel bad being the first to ask for something like this. It is indeed a nice gesture. The main reason I am asking is because my brother wants to see what the gameplay is like in game, as he is looking for stuff to play. I would also like to play it too. It looks good.

That is if no one else wants it (which I dont). I dont need to play it, it would just be fun to try it out I think. Anyways, there's my reason.

6. todoubledizzle

todoubledizzle IncGamers Member

Friends pass

Yeah guys its really nice of you to give up ur passes. Ive been trying to get one for the last beta weekend for a few days now. I have a few friends that have already pre-ordered the game but gave away their passes. and since im pretty much broke im not gona buy a game I havent been able to play. So I'd really apreciate a pass. Thanks guys.

7. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

In order for GW to compete financially with other MMORPGs, they will need to somehow get money out of your pocket, into their bank accounts. I'm expecting them to come out with much more frequent "expansions" that you would have to cough up another $50 for ever three months or so. They'll probably ruin the game with expansions, much the same way as others that preceeded them.

8. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

They are coming out with expansions, sort of like the patches of D2, you don't need the expansions unless you want the new items/ char options. It'd be like if blizzard sold an "expansion" that let you use the new rune words and moved cain in Act 5 like he is on b.net.

9. goltar25

goltar25 IncGamers Member

Well, CrazyChihuahua hasn't responded to my pm, and I haven't seen him on in a while, so the pass is still up for grabs. If any SPF people want it, then post soon, since the BWE starts in 12 hours. If there isn't a response soon, then it's up for anyone who wants it. If you still need one todoubledizzle, post or pm me and if no SPF people request it, it's yours. Otherwise, I'm going over to the GW forums and offering it there, probably in around 5-7 hours from now.