Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Go Vote for Diablo II

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Crogon, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

2. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

While I must say, Diablo 2 is a good game, I dont think its the best.

Consider fallout 2 or Knights of the Old republic....

3. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Those games = no chance.

This is going to be close between diabloii and starcraft I think.

4. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Yeah, I just noticed that it wasnt an RPG contest...Just best games...I think starcraft will trump diablo. I personally enjoy(ed) both, but I voted diablo since thats what Im playing ATM.

As for Fallout, well, thats sort of a cult following, and Im sad that there will be no FO3.

KoToR is good, but wont win.

5. mepersoner

Fallout 2 is hella boring. :/

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

6. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

oh man, this is hard, starcraft has been..... wow. the very first addictive game i played. starcraft lasted for years and years. came and gone.

d2... hmmm, its great, but for PvP only really..... ahhh, tough.

7. .Achilles

.Achilles IncGamers Member

Its like Kaz said, D2 = PVP only.

Because of pvp the replayability of this game really is phenominal. Through the roof.

But sorely lacks in the pvm department.

Furthermore Barbs, sorc and bowa-zon all sux ^^

8. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I disagree, I think D2 is a great PvM game playing in a good group. I've had D2 since it came out, and have never bothered PvP, just not interested, I leave that to UT, CS, and the 2 Battlefield games.

As far as the D2/Starcraft debate, well, I have been voting for various games in those polls if I have played both games, but as much as I try to think it through, I can't decide between these 2 games, so I didn't vote. I haven't played Starcraft in 3 years, but now that I finally quit D2 I will probably play it again once I finish single-player Half-Life and Sacrifice. Starcraft is still the best REAL-TIME Strategy game I have ever played, and I have played quite a few. However, the best overall Strategy game I have ever played was Heroes of Might and Magic 3. The way Sacrifice is going, I may even like that better than Starcraft, though that is a tall order. Both D2 and Starcraft (including Brood War) are amazingly addictive.

One of the biggest surprises to me was seeing Baldur's Gate 2 take a quick exit in that contest, its the 2nd best game I've ever played (equivalent to playing a character in Tolkien's world). Geez, I'm gonna have to give Fallout 2 a look! Best game I've ever played was Doom 2, its nice to see the original Doom still there, though the sequel was better (intro to double barrelled shotgun, added great new monsters like Arch-Vile, incredible level design). Its amazing how great those games hold up today, even with horrible graphics compared to today's.

Its going to be real interesting to see who wins the Half-Life/UT contest tommorrow, especially since UT 2004 was recently released to awesome reviews, and some may let that game influence their decision. Whoever wins that will give Starcraft a good fight.

9. DeamonMonkey

DeamonMonkey IncGamers Member

yeah, developers need to take note, great games with crapp graphics > Games with sexy graphics, but no quality

Gimmie some good AI gddamnit!

10. .Achilles

.Achilles IncGamers Member

AFBrat there is a sharp , and I mean SHARP differenec between rpg/mmorpg pvp and a fps.

11. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ah, come on now people,

d2 is great, im goign to load it up in a second, but thats only because SC gets me too hyper and I lose track of time to easily playing my round or 4 of bgh.

yes i like bgh, I think all day about theory, new topics in research, and about my clients, and about stuff like Fun Bear who sits on my bed and looks nice and furry.

I have to say i voted for SC in a flash, no question, and it really should win best game of all time. its 640x480 game requiring a p75 or p90 that still commands the best out of everyone around the globe.

a few real real real rpg's on the commodore would match it surmount it, but not in its universal, round the globe, no matter who you are type of thing.

(of course then maybe we would say Pac man and ms. pac man, but thats a bit older)

12. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

heh.... SC's gonna probably win... if it doesn't, my jaw will drop
    i think that Super Mario Bros. 3 is gonna go all the way to the title fight... but i have no clue as to who it's gonna go up against... but i can guarantee that SMB3 is probably gonna lose :'(

13. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

PacMan is the reason I go to crappy threaters and restaurants. 25cents for wrist-dislocating good time.

14. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

HECK YEAH MAN!

i like ms pac man though a little better, but both are fine by me. im used to the board more in ms pacman, spent most of my time playing it vs pac man when it came out.

pac man/ms pac man: now thats a hard freakin game to go the distance with.

15. Black_Dog

yeah... all those old arcade games define the word "difficult"
    They may not be pretty, or have complex controls... but they're still the hardest games out there

16. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Whoa, D2 made a tremendous comeback, almost beat Starcraft, maybe votes are still being taken.

17. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Heh, when I voted Diablo was 8 votes ahead of Starcraft. Like 6*16 6*24 (* was 6 or 8 don't remember).

Come on people, vote. I don't recommend to vote either way but it would be nice if people would participate.

18. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I must say SC is fun, but I bought D2 First.

D2 is a true game Titan. Right now its up by 400 votes. VERY close race, but hopefully the Star Craft voters will hop with D2 if it wins. This is more than if SC or D2 wins, Blizzard must win. We always rant and rave about hacks and other bugs, but without blizzard creating these games, we wouldn't have anything to take up all our rime :lol:

I would vote for SC if it does win, just to make sure Blizz wins the best game of all time.

Go SC, Go D2, Long live Blizz :buddies:

~Kbob

19. mepersoner

And dii passes SC.

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

20. Black_Dog

There's still 3 hours of voting left... but i have a feeling that i'm gonna be tastin my bedroom floor here pretty soon ;)

and i still back up my previous prediction that SMB3 is gonna mop the floor with anything it goes up against... except in the championship match