Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Go Vote for Diablo II

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Crogon, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

2. Aranan

Aranan IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 as the greatest RPG of all time? Hah... that's quite funny.

No doubt it's a fun game, but it's hardly the "RPG winner!!!1one".

3. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

It's neck and neck, vote D2, vote D2!!! :D for the record, the only game that I can think of that rivals D2 is FF8, too bad it was single player only. :(

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Diablo 1 or 2 are hardly the RPG's. They are at best an action-RPG with the most basic RPG elements (leveling a character and items). Games such as neverwinter nights make diablo look like quake (minus the guns) in terms of gameplay.

5. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

agreed, D2 is an Action game with role-playing elements, its not really a RPG. Best RPG's I've ever played were Baldur's Gate, followed closely by Planescape: Torment. But then, I haven't played Fallout or Fallout 2 yet.

D2 beat Starcraft, what a comeback! I'm checking in on the other big heavyweight slugfest between Half-Life and Unreal Tournament. UT is actually winning! I knew that was a good matchup.

D2 has there hands full for the next contest against Zelda, but I see D2 winning that.

I don't like comparing D2 with NN or BG2 because they are completely different kinds of games. Thay being said BG2 is the 2nd best game I have ever played, behind only the awesome Doom 2 (I have a wide range of games I like). Doom 2 is timeless despite the graphics, its just brilliant (level design, villains, intro to double barreled shotgun) and each lvl just seems to get creepier and creepier. It easily has the most memorable levels of any game I've ever played, its good to see Doom still in the competition (though Doom 2 was better), can't wait for Doom 3 (talk about a creepy looking game!).

6. barren

barren IncGamers Member

Man, what a sham! Turns out you can vote multiple times over and over again from the same IP so someone turned on a bot and wrecked the whole thing. You can read about the whole disgusting thing at ************ (can't/won't post url, it's in their forums). Diablo 2 won, only thanks to scipt kiddies, wtg! Can you guys please keep your filth on bnet and off the rest of the net?

EDIT:

I just found the script they were spamming d2 users to vote with, so if you want proof, i'll pm you the link. I still find it incredible that the sc community almost managed to beat a ton of botters running for hours on end.

7. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I don't think you can vote more than once from the same IP address, but if you can that is a damn shame. D2 did make a suspicious comeback, but then it wouldn't surprise me, I think D2 sold as much worldwide as Starcraft did, maybe even more, even including number sold in Korea.

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

or it could be that STARCRAFT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

9. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

apparently there wasn't any cheating when D2 beat Starcraft, I think D2 will win the next match but lose in a close vote to Half-Life (which will beat Halo)