Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: gg realm down

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by StrikexForce, Mar 31, 2004.

1. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

OT: gg realm down

well blizzard put in this retarted thing giving your character a certain number of days before it expires. well because of this i have to refresh all of my friends chars and while doing so i get a realm down...gfg.

2. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

hmm, not as annoying as when transferring items in your passworded game and find that bnet says it's "GAME FULL". wtf?

3. Crabba

Crabba IncGamers Member

or worse yet... getting into the game to pick up the item that you are muling..
    just about to click...lag happens..wont let ya pick it up.... you see item laying there..but cant do anything... then LOST CONNECTION
    game killer message appears...

<<<lost near perfect skulders this way once>>>

neither a friend or myself could pick them up...from that point on, he holds anything im gonna mule...lol

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Wait a few seconds every time you switch characters. You get temporarily banned for swtiching too fast (= behaving like a bot)

5. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

ahh thanks. hopefully this will work in the future :)

6. royalsego

royalsego IncGamers Member

rollback lag is pretty bad too.... especially when u find something good, and boom! rollback lag

7. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

Yeah, i got kicked for acting like a bot (switching chars to fast) while solo muling. Lost lots of good helms... :cheesy:

8. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

how can you behave like a bot when switching characters?
    what bot switches characters?
    it seems illogical to me
    not even a spam bot does I don't think

anyway, yes I hate muling in a game, and dropping all my items and then at the 4-5 minute mark just before it perms, I get booted out of my game
    a few times I've managed to keep myself in it when I get the 2000 ping, by typing /fps quickly and recasting my cold armor and moving around and what not

it usually settles down after a few seconds, its very odd to get lag spikes in a private game

9. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

Ya I've had this problem before. Dropped a lot of good stuff on the ground (one of the only etheral CBs I have ever found) and then go to switch chars and it says my game is full, then I try again and it says that I can't join a game created by a ladder char. I'm like wtf I don't even play ladder. I think the funniest thing I keep running into is that if you create a game and then switch chars quick the game still exixts for a second. I hate it when that happens. Create a game with one char. Realize woops clicked on the wrong one. Try to create game. Join the game. Then realize after doing all those quests that I didn't get credit. Of course this is me being an idiot sometimes.

10. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Bots do runs very quickly, so when you join games too quickly it is bot like in nature

11. mstrnicegui

mstrnicegui IncGamers Member

When reconnecting quickly and getting banned, you get banned not for acting like a bot, but for spamming the server with requests. Blizzard is just protecting itself from overloading the servers. Since when you connect to bnet very quickly there is no difference to the servers than setting up a DoS attack, it has the exact same effect. It sucks, but that's what you get for free access with millions of other people.

When you mention "rollback lag", are you referring to when you're running and all of a sudden you appear on a position in the map you were at a few seconds before? I hate that. I hate it most when you don't appear on that previous position immediately and are trying to attack a monster and can't hit him, because you're not there, but you're getting hit by another invisible monster who is right next to you, but you can't see him because you're seeing a different part of the map. GAH!

12. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

this may not help u, but if ur tired of waiting for bliz to unban u, such as when ur trading and look for the item and u kno its a good trade, then u get realm down, quit d2 and quickly restart your comp, and while its restarting turn your modem off, then back on again. This gives u a new ip which will allow u to access bnet. I've done it countless times.