Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT:Football Fans?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GodofWar, May 20, 2005.

1. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

Well I'm a Broncos fan myself and I want to say they'll do good things this year....but their offseason has been strange. Signing a bunch of Browns, getting Maurice Clarrett (in the 3rd round!!!) and another shaky draft have all put a damper on my hopes of them contending again :(.

Also for you rugby lovers, I would love to see them go all out and collide at full speed (think John Lynch if you know American football) while not wearing pads, but it won't ever happen. It's mainly seems like a bunch of dudes hopping in piles and scratching and clawing at each other....which is why pads aren't really all that useful.

Also, American football is such a high speed game that if they played both offense and defense + had no time outs no one would last more than 5 years in the league and what would that accomplish?

2. Ray Patean

Ray Patean Diabloii.Net Member

GodofWar: I'm from Syracuse. GO BILLS!!!!!!! I'm real excited to see what JP can do this year. I mean, it can't be any worse than Bledsoe, right? :p The team has a lot of young talent--JP, McGahee and Evans on offense, Clements, McGee, TKO and Schobel on defense...things are looking bright for us :D

3. whomhead

whomhead Diabloii.Net Member

College football > NFL

Notre Dame > all

Simple, really.

4. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

Not lately sadly. Although Notre Dame does have some great history and the movie Rudy is just plain spectacular, but they have had some bad years recently (along with CU Boulder and University of Nebraska though :( ) and I can't see them getting out of that "slump" for atleast a few more years.

5. whomhead

None of that means that they aren't still the best team evar! :cool:

6. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

Haha, well if it matters I still root for them no matter who they play, unless for some strange reason they play CSU :)

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

They do collide at full speed, and although yes, there so slow times in thr agme when basically its 1 team pushing against another, at least its constant. 80 minutes, with a half time in the middle. And unless someone picks up a very serious injury, or the refs need to decide if someone scored a try, then there is no stoppage. The stop start style of american football just seems less exciting. A flowing game with counter attacking, sudden changes in momentum and stuff is more exciting than 'Ok, you have the ball, try and score. if you do, give the ball to the other team, they'll try and score. If your really good/lucky, you can steal the ball and score youself.'
    Bah, anyway, im ranting, and im bored.

8. whomhead

You do realize, of course, that this describes every single game that has such aspects as "points" and "balls." Including rugby and that other "football" as well.

9. tigercan

tigercan Diabloii.Net Member

10. SuperSavage

SuperSavage Diabloii.Net Member

NCAA = USC
    NFL = 49ers

Californian and have always been a huge fan for the 49ers. Bay area west coast offense, one thing is that they do need to improve :(

11. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

12. greenmind

greenmind Diabloii.Net Member

Im a big giants fan. What do you think of Eli? His rookie year was far from impressive but I think he'll come good. Coz if he doesnt!

13. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned Diabloii.Net Member

I am a Steelers fan, and I am a football fan, I watched all 16 steelers games last year, plus there playoff games, and I watched 4 games a week every week. I get NFL sunday ticket. Broncos are my second favorite team, and it was interesting how they picked up all of the browns unproved lineman. although they do have alot of depth at cornerback and runningback... but anyone can run the ball in denver and i think shanahan is just trying to prove that point.
    JP lossman will have a better year than bledsoe no matter what, because I bet he won't hold on to the ball to long(bledsoes major problem) And he will have a much better running game, i think this is going to be Mcgahees breakout year, plus last year I think they had the 3rd best defense in the league(don't quote me on that but i know it was in top 5) I think that bills are a playoff contender, to bad that they are in a tough division, I think the jets got better, and the pats well, they are the pats(poor dolphins are going to get owned)

Eli manning still doesn't have the target he needs. While Plexico is a GREAT number 2 wide reciever I don't think he has the moves to handle the double teams he is going to see as a number one wide reciever, and Shockey actually got worse last year, although his numbers were still good.

As far as college football I am a Penn State fan, Long live Coach Paterno...... I really hope they improve next year it is sad to see such a coaching legend go out that way.

14. skoolbus

skoolbus Diabloii.Net Member

I like the Redskins, one of these days they will win again... We just have to get rid of Snyder.

Oh, and real football is American football, not soccer. Don't ever let anyone else tell you different!

15. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

I think he's a spoiled brat who doesn't deserve to play in the NFL. He pretty much forced his way out of San Diego (who btw, were actually good last year so who won that war?) and got a lot of hype just because of his brother. He may turn out to be a somewhat decent quarterback down the line(crap look at his genes!), but he will never be as good as Peyton and will never be a decent person in my eyes.

That being said I hope the Giants can turn their franchise around and I really hope the NFC can shape up all around :).

16. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus Diabloii.Net Member

I was born and raised in Maine. I like the Pats. The only pro sports game I watched was Pats vs Colts (September 30, 2001 (Pats stomped the hell out of them)). I'm not a big baseball fan, and besides I'd have to sell a kidney to watch the BoSox play at Fenway, although I did watch the playoffs last year. I think the Pats will do good again this year, and I hope Bruschi comes back. I'm glad some of the coaches got other job (Lucky you Whom, you picked up a jewel in Wies) but I'm sad to see them go. I'd like to see the Dolphins turn things around this year, although I'm not sure I like Ricky Williams coming back. I think the Bills will do good this year, they have a very solid team, and they are used to playing in the cold. I hope they take a pile of money from Kellen Winslow. If he can't be responsable enough of the feild, he shouldn't get paid to sit on the sidelines. I look forward to the season opener. Pats and Raiders, the "team" versus the "me". However, I'm not a big fan of them letting Troy Brown go. He is the epitome of a team player. Go Pats

17. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a lifelong Packers fan - even in the 70s and 80s when they were terrible. :D I manage to get to Lambeau about once a season. What a great stadium!

The Pack has certainly had an interesting offseason. Favre's back for one more year, and Walker is saying "show me the money" (that agent, Rosenhaus is really a piece of work). :rolleyes: Finding Aaron Rodgers at #24 had to be the steal of the draft.

I find it very interesting that everyone is picking the Vikings in the NFC North. Makes for good sports talk anyway. :lol:

Oh, and you rugby and soccer fans, go find your own thread. ;)

18. ahcw

ahcw Diabloii.Net Member

I agree, Rosenhaus needs to die a horrible death....or at the very least have his legs broken by the mafia.

Everyone is picking the Vikings? Hmm, I truthfully think that this division is up for grabs. Whoever wants it the most will get it, and because of this my money is on Favre. No one loves to play/win more than he does, it will be sad to see him go.

Haha you tell them AE :)

19. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned Diabloii.Net Member

ESPN's preseason power rankings have vikings at number 4. thats way to high if you ask me, although the NFC is going to be weak again this year i think.

20. Gnoggen

Gnoggen Diabloii.Net Member

Conflicted.

I have a problem..... I grew up in Cleveland and am a Browns fan. No, wait... I haven't got to my problem yet. The problem is this: I graduated from Ohio State and am a HUGE Buckeyes fan. Cleveland's top draft pick, Braylon Edwards is from Michigan! *Sigh* In all honesty, I don't follow pro ball to nearly the extent I follow NCAA. To me the NCAA is so much more exciting because every saturday a loss could take you out of the picture for national title. I'm a bit skeptical of the BCS system, though. Especially since they no longer are able to use the associated press poll as part of their formula.
    -G