Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Fate of the Zod Rune

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GrandmasAreYummy, Jun 14, 2005.

?

What am I?

1. Pinko Commie Leftist!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Capitalist Pig Rightie!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wishy-Washy, Unprincipled Moderate Scum!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Who the heck are you?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Durf! Boobies! Poing!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GrandmasAreYummy

GrandmasAreYummy IncGamers Member

OT: Fate of the Zod Rune

Since Serdash won't let us get creative in his thread without threat of report, I thought I would devote a thread to what he should REALLY do with the zod rune. The options are:

Choice One: Beer. As soon as I saw indestructible beer, I knew where the zod should go. Just think, no more party fouls, cleaning up spills, waiting for the hot bartender to give you a refill while she flirts with someone not nearly as ugly as you, hypothetically speaking of course.

Choice Two: Give it to the squid. Maybe this is what the squid has been after the whole time. All it would take is one act of kindness on Serdash's part, and we could all be free of board crashes and other technical voodoo mumbo-jumbo that I don't even begin to understand.

Choice Three: Give it to Durf. Seriously, don't you think we owe him for being the forum scapegoat for who knows how long. Besides, wouldn't you feel better the next time you blame him for one of your many screw-ups if you knew he had a zod to keep him happy?

Choice Four: Nothing says, "I am above the laws of this silly game" like wasting a zod in a TC3 item. Thumb your nose at Blizzard, tell them you care zero for their drop rates and useless rune words. Bonus points if said TC3 item is NOT ethereal.

Choice Five: Give it to Farting Bob. I am in the minority I believe of people who enjoy reading Farting Bob's posts, no matter the subject. Besides, think of all the things he would do with it: Put it in a buckler and create a Zodadin, race to see how many times he can mule it between SC and HC in 60 seconds, you know crazy things. Oh, how the laughter would ensue.

Choice Six: BOTD Hydra. I still fail to see how this was a serious choice in the other poll.

Choice Seven: Easter Egg Hunt. I think this is the coolest idea of how to give away an item. Find out everyone who's interested, and draw 7 random names. Host a TCP/IP game, and hide the item anywhere in Normal difficulty. Let everyone else in, and first to find it gets to keep it.

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I'd say give it to the one who first touched the rune in the hunt. :lol: Neh. Hydra Bow Botd sounds better.

3. GrandmasAreYummy

GrandmasAreYummy IncGamers Member

EEK...

I smell bitterness and hostility. Or maybe it's chocolate chip cookies. The aroma is almost exactly the same.

4. robdylan

robdylan IncGamers Member

This zod story is actually starting to get a little tiresome. You'd think that considering the "somewhat dubious" circumstances surrounding the acquisition of said rune, there's be a little less crowing about it.

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I suggest kneeling before it as soon as it arrives on Planet Hou-Ston to enslave humanity.

6. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I suggest to use it more practically. like ZOD yourself, ZOD your car, your house ...

7. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

The easter egg hunt idea is awesome :D

If I ever find some highly desirable, rare item that I'll never use, that's what I'll do with it, I think :thumbsup:

8. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I'd say drop it in the dark wood to grow a Rune Tree. :)

9. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

The easter egg is the best idea among these, seriously, how can you drink, let alone digest, indestructible beer?

10. robdylan

robdylan IncGamers Member

Need a Strong Gut of Ages, if you ask me.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Yay, i have 2 votes! Go me, Go me!!! :jig:
    Seriously though, i say put it in a cracked cap and then pass it round the forum, incorperate it into some regular forum thingy. so all people can marval at its uselessness.
    twas suggested for mine, but i had other plans.

12. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Durf's already got a Zod. Unless he's used it and I missed that part. When were you going to get around to sending that to me, eh Durf?

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

No, he suggested i combined mine and we'd be 1/3 of the way to the 1337 ZodZodZodZodZodZod phase blade.

14. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I thought Durf did some really huge trade for his Zod getting something like 300 high end items.

That was for a legit BOTD project IIRC.

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Was that durf? could have been actually, there arent many others with zods to trade.

16. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

That was Durf. He helped construct that big hurty pointy stick for Liquid Evil: a decent-ED 3-socket ethereal Tomb Reaver.

17. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

NOT the SQUID! Then we'd Never be able to beat the bugger back. I say give it to TUB, he's like the monsters, everytime he gets wiped out, he just respawns.

18. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

D'OH, I forgot about Liquid_evil's big hurty stick courtesy of Durf's Zod. How the hell I forgot about it, I don't know. Anyway, I voted for indestructible beer - as long as that also means never-ending.

Whoever votes for giving it to F_B deserves to be beaten with a wet noodle by a limp-wristed Quill Rat.

19. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Beer wants the mod 'replenish quantity' not 'indestructable'. that'll be much better for me.
    VOTE BOB!

20. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

Edited: My apologies, I misread something