Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: error

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by YoungDbl, Sep 23, 2006.

1. YoungDbl

YoungDbl IncGamers Member

OT: error

Hey.
    Every time I load a new page on any of these forums I get an error saying im missing Psapi.dll , Whenever I do ANYthing on the forum. Any help please?

2. YoungDbl

Did any one find any information yet? Ive been browsing around and so far no luck! This is really annoying.... Lol do I have to set a reward for some help?

3. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

A couple of things:
    Try not to double post, especially if it's just telling others to hurry up and find info for you. People who may be able to help could be, due to time differences, asleep or at work. You won't get an answer immediately, so try leaving it more than 47 minutes.

This is not exactly a SP issue, so might be better in the Community forum or something like that. It'd get different exposure too. I am so glad you used OT though. :)

This issue is an issue with your computer and its files, so we aren't likely to know a huge amount about individual files and why they're corrupt/missing. Just wondering, why do we have to do all the searching for you? I googled psapi.dll and found instantly 9+ pages (without reading much) on how to and where to download/install this file, as well as info on what it does.

Don't expect me to do this again, but I am curious to what it is, so here's a quote I found within 1 minute of searching.
    Not that helpful, but that's what it does.

Anyway, did you try google? It has a vast knowledge, and many helpful sites.
    Sorry if this seems as if I'm a little irritated, but the first thing that should be done with a computer issue is google, especially when it's specific and has a huge amount of info on it. Find out what you can, and if that doesn't help, ask for assistance.

If none of this (including google) doesn't help you whatsoever, I'll be happy to have a deeper look to try to help you out.

4. YoungDbl

Yeah I did look around. And although it may not be a sp issue the sp'ers are ussually the best with computers and everything about them. Yeah so I know what it is but it still doesnt help on how to install it where to put it or nothing.:hang: I dont just expect any one to find it for me I was just hoping a more computer-friendly user could help. You dont have to make it out that I just sat back waiting for some one else to do it for me, I just am not to good with the computer.
    Thanks any ways. I'll just snoop around for a different forum directed more towards this topic. :banghead:

5. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I don't know if you really have "looked" or what, but I seriously doubt it. Anyhoo.
    Some tips for the future. If there is an error message, quote it into google. There are usually already forums (for tech support, comps, etc) with people saying "I have a problem, it's with a [name].dll"
    The following posters sometimes reply with: "What is the error message and what do you do before this comes up." That's when you google the error message and it should come up with decent results if googled. I myself have done this in the past with very good results.

I have found and scanned a couple of sites with Nod32 and found nothing, but I expect you will scan it as well, IF you download it. I will not post the links, as I do not know your error message and thus cannot help further. If you'd like the links, I'll PM you.

I don't know which error is being caused, or if it's forum based or just Dii.net. If I had more info, it would be easier to help. If you post the error message, then I may be able to find more for you...

You may have done some searching, but had you googled "Psapi.dll" THIS would have come up.

6. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of days now, and only on this site. I think it may have something to do with an advertising banner, then again maybe not. It's a real pain though.

7. YoungDbl

Yeah its just on this site for me to. Whenever I do an action. Also for the proboards.com forums.

8. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

For me the error is only on this computer, the old win98se one, not the new XP one. I have to use the old computer for most things because between my wife and two daughters I never get near the new one. :sad2:

9. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

What browser are you guys using?

10. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

IE 6.0.2800.1106IC

11. LeftForDead

LeftForDead IncGamers Member

try other browsers like firefox or opera and see if that fixes it.

12. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

No problem on Netscape, but I'm a fan of Netscape. I cannot be bothered stuffing around with other browsers, but thanx for the heads up.