OT: Diablo is getting owned in the villains' battle

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
Hrm.

I would've voted for Diablo...

But seeing as he won over Kefka, I can't allow him to proceed.
Hehe, I wouldn't have the foggiest idea which games all those villians came from, 'cept for Bowser (and Diablo of course!). Someone care to list them for me?

Feceset

Diabloii.Net Member
Ganondorf is the human form of Ganon from The Legend of Zelda. Ganondorf's first appearence was ~1999 in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and he reappeared in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Personally, I think Diablo would beat Ganondorf. However could he beat Ganon? No.

Why?

First off, you must kill him with the Master Sword.
Aside from that, Ganon has many more spells. That are more affective.
Ganon also has a trident that works as a boomerang, which is coolness +7 IMO.

JicamaEater

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
Hrm.

I would've voted for Diablo...

Seeing as he won over Ridley...I love Metroid, jeez

The current results are anything but a surprise. As soon as I saw the various competitors it was pretty obvious that this was going to be how it would end. I mean, these are only like two of the four most popular console games of all time (the others would be Halo and GTA I think)

You know though, if Flux had posted up again that Diablo was against Ganondorf yesterday then he might have won. It's probably still too much to think he could whomp Sephi though...

Of course, since Ganondorf always wins in Super Smash Brothers Melee...:lol:

LordMay

Diabloii.Net Member
There are way to many Final Fantasy and Nintendo fanboys to let either Ganondorf or Sephiroth. I mean c'mon have you seen sephy's sword. No bad guy has anything on that.

chaos

Diablo: IncGamers Member
No <3 for Sephy. Anyone who sticks a sword like that in a character like Aeris deserves the title of top villian, unreservedly. :(

Tutatis

Diabloii.Net Member
Feceset said:
Ganondorf is the human form of Ganon from The Legend of Zelda. Ganondorf's first appearence was ~1999 in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and he reappeared in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Personally, I think Diablo would beat Ganondorf. However could he beat Ganon? No.

Why?

First off, you must kill him with the Master Sword.
Aside from that, Ganon has many more spells. That are more affective.
Ganon also has a trident that works as a boomerang, which is coolness +7 IMO.
diablo is way stronger than that thief Ganon, Diablo has bigger range and he would burn and freeze and then brun the pig Ganon....he is prime evil. I know you need the 3 pendants and the master sword(i think it's not the legendary master sword you get from the forrest in Zelda:Link to the past that kills him, you also find some other sword) to kill ganon, but you also need a horadric stuff to open the tomb, and diablo does that too with his powerful dark powers(God I'm repeating myself)..or maybe the teleport or travel ability he gets from the d1 hero.

JicamaEater

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, make a long story short:
If the game doesn't have a badass villain, it's not going to be as good. Ever.

I have not played VII, don't have a Playstation of any sort. III was awesome, like, three years ago, when I last saw it. Darn me for losing everything!

I love Diablo, Kefka, Ganondorf, Ridley, Bowser, and many others, but curse the idiot who didn't have Kerrigan in that poll!

If you're just ranking villains by power though, then it's pretty much impossible to tell who's better. Take Ridley, for one. He's an enormous dragon looking thing but he doesn't do much personally, instead sending out little lobster bugs & space jellyfish to do his stuff. (though he still is the toughest boss in Super Metroid, he also has those little fireballs that look like they came from Mario Bros.!) On the other hand, we have Diablo. He can't be defeated by "super missiles" but he too remains in the game leaving pathetic lackeys to try and stop people from messing with him. Also, he can't fly...which means he can't ever *kill* Ridley (though he could certainly just beat the crap out of him).

Ohh, god I am such a nerd! :lol:

chicagofan51

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
I have to agree, that's not right. Kefka was great. Ruthless, coneiving (sp?), toally insane...what more could you want? I would have had Savevok on the list, amoung others.

Too much old school Nintendo in there...Bowser? Please...Dr. Robotnik is one of the few really memorable NES villians I remember.

Ashmer Amadeus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy Series, beaten a bunch of them. FF1 still holds a place in my heart, if nothing else for the sheer replayablity. FFIV was really good, I've beaten it three or four times. FFVI was really good. The story in the World of Balance is unmatched as far as I'm concerned. The story in the World of Ruin went in the toilet. They should've killed a few charicters, and had Cyan tell you to goto hell and stay with that woman. I also enjoyed FFVII. I believe that is the last game I've completed. Go easy on me, I've only owned a PS for a few months. I'm behind the times. I like the story better in 7, but I think Kefka is a better Villain. I'm inclined to believe that Sepheroth will win, but Kefka is more of a bad guy. He poisoned the water in Doma just because he could. Sepheroth is a badass because he is messed up with Jenova. Kefka is a badass just because he wants to be. And besides, how do you beat that funny clown suit.

Wiat.....Do I look like a waiter to you????

Sleepless

Diabloii.Net Member
chicagofan51 said:
I almost forgot the villian in the greatest RPG of all time...

LAVOS!!
Yeah, Lavos is teh evil. I still wonder who/what sent chrono in the past/future to defeat him though : I'm even more mixed after their speech when you complete the "forest reviving & luca's mother saving" sidequest :eek:

<-- Chrono geek that completed all the sidequest

chaos

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Most chrono players finished all the sidequests, i believe. ;)

Don't really think of Lavos as evil. Its just doing what it does, in that animal instinct kinda way. Akin to humans breeding farm animals, that's all. Evil begets an intentional decision to do, well, evil things, and Kefka's a pretty shining example.

Never understood the thing about the 'entity' as well, guess its one of those things designed to keep us wondering forever. :D Chrono cross was great too, no real evil folks in there too though.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
JicamaEater said:
Of course, since Ganondorf always wins in Super Smash Brothers Melee...:lol:
Unless you know what you're doing with Marth, and I've done him in w/ Zelda in Sheik form before.

At least it wasn't the Link v. Mario that it's been for the last 2 summers, that get's old quick.

Hiedran

Diabloii.Net Member
chicagofan51 said:
I have to agree, that's not right. Kefka was great. Ruthless, coneiving (sp?), toally insane...what more could you want? I would have had Savevok on the list, amoung others.

Too much old school Nintendo in there...Bowser? Please...Dr. Robotnik is one of the few really memorable NES villians I remember.
Dr. Robotnik is Sega. (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Dr. Wily (or Wiley) is NES. (MegaMan)

At least in the US.

Though honestly, Golbez or Kefka should rank above Sephiroth.

JicamaEater

Diabloii.Net Member
water_moon said:
Unless you know what you're doing with Marth, and I've done him in w/ Zelda in Sheik form before.

At least it wasn't the Link v. Mario that it's been for the last 2 summers, that get's old quick.
Yeah, the villians thing was slightly less predictable and less boring...

I love to brag, that's why I come here :uhhuh:...I play a pretty mean Ganondorf, along with passable Marth, Game and Watch, and Zelda (yeah, I CAN win with Sheik but I don't think she's much fun to play). My main adversary is my brother Steven with-Dr. Mario! A real villain if I've seen one!

I decided to match him with Mario today (a character I haven't played outside of BtT in Melee) and only lost because I whiffed a slide attack at the very end of the match.

Repusz

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't played all those games (yet) but I can hardly imagine anything more satisfying than when you execute that final Omnislash on Sephiroth and he just stands there with an unbelieving expression on his face :)

Repusz

Pikacho should be the worst villian ever. Sure, he may have actually been a good guy (well, not guy, more yellow furry thing who lived in a red ball) but he scared the crap out of me.
And sev seems to have won just about every poll on gamefaqs. Im pretty sure he was 1 of the finalists for 'best character' contest they had last year, and seems to figure highly on everyone list. But ive never seen him in action. not totally sure which game he is from either.