Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: determine how many sockets Lazurk gives

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Darknicrofia, May 31, 2005.

1. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia Diabloii.Net Member

OT: determine how many sockets Lazurk gives

this is a little off topic, but some ppl say you can get multiple number of sockets from Lazurk on a single item, meaning a 3 ele circlet with 20 fcr with no scoket can receive 2 socket from lazurk, what determins how many sockets an item receives? i checkd the search button but nothing came up so i was wondering if anyone can tell me, and does this apply to eth items? meaning i can find a regular non os 15 ed bezerker and it will add like 6 sockets from lazurk?

2. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

white items usually will get max sockets.. but i think ive read a thread where it stated that a guy found a archon plate in norm or nm cows and he got 3 sockets instead of 4.

for magical helms.. its supposed to be 1 less than max socket. for weapons i think 2 is max. i cannot verify this for shields and armors.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

If you find a 15ed zerker, it should get 6 sockets from larzuk.
    Items found after a certain point in the game, dont know where though, always get max sockets from the quest. If you find them on hell, Im pretty sure they get max. (this is normal/grey items only)

Magical items can get either one or two sockets. What determines it is completely random. (50% chance of each. Hope you are lucky...) This goes for shields/armors/weapons/helms... Of course, an item can not get more sockets than it can have... (no 2sock magical bucklers!) :p
    Rare/set/unique get one socket. always

dkay, are you sure about that? Im pretty sure archon plates can not spawn in normal/nm cows...

4. Suiginto

Suiginto Diabloii.Net Member

Archon Plates CAN be found in nightmare, but it will drop in act 4 - 5 only in nightmare.

5. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia Diabloii.Net Member

and this works for eth items? so this is how ppl get 6 os eth 15 ed zerkers?
    cant believe ive played for 1 year and didnt even know this stuff, hmmm, interesting.

6. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

the item level [or ilvl] of the item when socketing magic items

sadly this is only visible using a MH

its stupid how bliz didnt make it viewable properly, as many formulas on the bnet site relate to ilvls, when ppl cant check wat their ilvl is

7. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Archon Plate is TC87. The highest TC you can get in NM is 66. It's impossible to find it in NM.

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

That guy that got three probably restored a crude, cracked, or flawed archon before he socketed it. That would have caused it to get 3 since that Horadric Cube recipe makes the item's iLvl 1 without changing any other stats.

Uniques and rares get 1 socket. Magic items get 50% chance of 1 or 2 sockets (if the nonmagic version can have 2). All normal and eth nonsocketed items get the max sockets possible, but this is restricted by iLvl and item type. I'm pretty sure any armor that can have 4 sockets that's found in Hell will get that many from Larzuk. Most normal and exceptional quality armor can't get 4 sockets whereas all the elite armors can so you're not likely to see any 4 socket armor before Hell.

9. carebearonacid

carebearonacid Diabloii.Net Member

Now I havent triend this for a good while, but each time I did it I came out with 2 sockets on my magic item..

My char was lvl 85 or higher and I had a socket quest in Normal each time..
    Goto Frigid and kill Shenk (even if you have killed before), talk to larzuk and have it socketed.

White//Normal items will always get max number of sockets when socketed.

My status now, no normal socket quests and no magical item to socket so I can't really test it.

So if anyone can meet those requirements, try it out let me know..

10. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Another myth. It's 50% chance for one socket and 50% chance for two sockets, if the item can have two sockets.

11. rikstaker

rikstaker Diabloii.Net Member

I thought the Archon was TC 84,from d2data I believe,dunno I might be wrong.:eek:

Rik

12. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Qlvl 84. Yup... TC84. It still won't drop in NM.

13. carebearonacid

How are u so sure its 50% chance, Id say its higher 3 of 3 times I got 2 sockets..

and I tried it on my lvl 83 druid didnt work, sheesh wana help me lvl a guy to test it lol?

14. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Because that's how the socket quest is set up. Don't forget that luck is a major part of the game, without it, you'd get 1 socket each time. :rolleyes:

15. carebearonacid

because isnt quite the answer I was lookin for lol..who told you its 50% where did you gather this info?

If I had a good item to socket Id get around to test it, if any1 has something good let me know and I'll pay u for it if I need

16. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

I don't quite remember, it must've been about 2 years ago when I picked up that fact. Problably Ruvanal or Jarulf.