Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: DC Help Pls

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CronicTKY, Feb 28, 2004.

1. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

OT: DC Help Pls

Hey, I was wondering, can DC be affected by Static Field? If he can, then my future light pvp sorc (lvl 31 atm, doin baal runs) should have, like, zero problems. J/w, thanks.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Yes he can.

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

He will be affected by static, but your light skills would probably do very little to zero damage due to his 95 resists and super fast healing.

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

static is effected by resistance, so that 1/4 life per cast is cut down to 1/80 of his life. its not even fast enough to counter his healing.

5. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Though with a single rainbow facet it becomes 1/40, and with three you're down on 1/20. So it could help as long as you can shake his resistances. But that goes for any lightning / fire spell.

6. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Had a run=in with D clone recently, and I have to tell you, unless you're augmenting your static with some Prevent Monster Heal and or Slows target...you're definitely not going for a cake walk...especially with a lightning build.

Even a mass damage dealing Meteorb will find him a challenge...if not for the resists, then for his unwillingness to stand there and wait while you drop meteors on him.

I'm curious as to how effective a Blizzardess is against a D Clone.

-X

7. CronicTKY

CronicTKY IncGamers Member

Thanks guys. Then, I guess I should rethink my strategy. X) This isn't really meant for DC slayin, but I thought "What the hey?"

8. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

a blizzardess can do DC alright if the gear is tweaked enuf. some people in here can kill DC in a minute with their blizzard sorc without using PMH. then again, i was in a DC game with my orb sorc and the other guy was a blizzard sorc and we couldn't dent his life.

9. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

You said PvP sorc. But why use static on a pvp sorc ? Static is the most useless spell for pvp... You kinda confused me ;)

10. Si1enta5sa5sin

Si1enta5sa5sin IncGamers Member

he said its a lightning sorc, not a static sorc, static is a pre req.

11. weirdbeard

weirdbeard IncGamers Member

i think every dclone assault should have an avenger on board to convict. dclone smiles not so much with -40 fire/cold/light res

12. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Having a necromancer is much better. A skelliemancer can do Lower Resist and keep DClone standing still with his skelletons (though usually not for very long, they tend to die quickly) while sorcies rain down respective spells to their liking. Or the Necro can continually cast Clay Golem and Decrep, but it will take around 10 seconds longer :)

But IMO the Blizzard Sorc is the best build to take on DClone because of the Cold Mastery and the raw power of Blizzard. It is entirely possible to take on DClone with this build, and you don't need heavy twinking and Uber Elite gear to take him down.