Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: D2 Ladder Reset 2017

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, May 16, 2017.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Hey!

As far I'm aware the next ladder reset hasn't been announced yet, but is due. I am having multiple issues getting my single player D2 set up on my mac (digital download) for the summer as I won't have my PC, and so I've decided to just play online instead since I haven't done so for a LONG time.

Will anybody else be playing the reset? It was pretty bad for bots and MH etc last time I was on it, which was before I realised how infectious Bnet was and started SP. But meh, worth giving it a go, something different :D

Let me know, plus discuss stuff if anybody is going to be involved :)

Kitteh

2. Yann

Yann Diabloii.Net Member

There even are streams of bots on youtube these days...

taxcut likes this.
  3. sanguillen

sanguillen Diabloii.Net Member

This was a major part of why I started playing SP at the start of the year. My return to this game coincided with the November ladder reset, and due to bots, etc there were ridiculous lineups to create games, and lllaaaaaaaaggggggggg, which = death in hardcore. I came across the SPF here and realized that since my battlenet games were always private anyway, why not just go SP and eliminate the issues? Plus, using GoMule has made muling sooooooo much easier to boot. It also doesn't help that I only play maybe 3-4 hours per week so starting from scratch every six months, without ever really achieving any long term goals, was the final death blow for on-line.

As such, I don't foresee EVER going back to that wasteland of cheaters. :(

Kitteh likes this.
  4. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 Diabloii.Net Member

@Kitteh - What realm do you normally log into? I generally use USWest SC, so if you want to meet up at predetermined time after the reset for a full play through PM me your battle net account name, so I can add you to my friends list.

Edit: I agree the bots are pretty sickening on there, but you can block many of them by modifying you ignorelist.txt file in the D2 directory. Mine is somewhat out of date, so I'm sure I'll be enduring some as well until I can fine tune it more. Google D2 ignorelist and you'll find how to modify it as well as up-to-date ignorelist entries to populate it with.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. Kitteh

I normally play EU, but I'm not sure if it makes much difference lag wise etc. I didn't know about that, can editing the ignore list get you banned?

Southpaw8668 likes this.
  6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

What problem would not allow you to play SP on a Mac, but allow BNet?

Shouldn't BNet be OT too? :D

7. Kitteh

Good point :p

I haven't been able to switch my version to one that I want to play and RWM is screwed. So I can play it, I just can't play the format that I currently use on my PC :( Well, to my knowledge anyway. I am awful at anything technical, give me a disease to cure any day.

8. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

The challenge for us Aussies is we're far from the server, and even though my internet is pretty good (for Australian standards...,) will still lag on B.net. Otherwise I'd be keen to join you all, even in the middle of our night.

9. Southpaw8668

No editing the ignorelist file is totally legit. It's a sudo fix blizzard rolled into the 1.13d patch to help users block those annoying users and bots they didn't want to see text from. I logged into USWest non-ladder last night and mine worked pretty solid in Hell difficulty. The bot owners are getting more creative with account and website names, so it's getting harder to control them on early ladder I noticed last time I played some of this current ladder.

Edit: @Kitteh - take a look at this thread it's pretty well written and they claim they frequently update their entries in the ignorelist file.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752430014
    If you're having issues adding text to your ignorelist file that is already present in the D2 directory then be sure to run notepad as an Administrator, then open the ignorelist file by navigating to it with in the file drop down menu. This will allow you to save new text to the document residing within the D2 directory.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Kitteh likes this.
  10. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

If you want to play anything other than 1.14 on a modern Mac, you need something like playonmac or Wine with the 1.13 discs or images.

11. Kitteh

12. Drystan

Good luck! Will you play public games, private with friends/forumites, or privately?
    I do know that once a "party" gets to Baal, Baal bot games take over. And "party" is quoted, as I am suspicious that there are many legit public "party's" without bots/maphack and telesorc.

13. colony

colony Diabloii.Net Member

I've been accused of being a bot a couple of times on B.net in the past when doing Baal runs as I hardly ever say anything in public games and I knew the map patterns well enough to find the throne room quickly and safely.

It isn't always a bot

Southpaw8668 likes this.
  14. Drystan

I'm not saying that there are no legit public games without bots/MH. Just that my brief time on B.net was always difficult, as the only games that I found publically were basically Baalrun bots or begging for items. Once Baal is reached, bots can just repeat with very little risk, and take the reward, so most people take the easy way through.

Good to hear that your running is skill/knowledge, and not bot abuse. :) It's always amusing being called a cheater though, just becuse you have more experience, knowledge or skill than someone else and are legit. :)

15. Kitteh

Well, I will find myself a group of legit players or play solo. To be honest, I will mostly be MFing, I'm not planning to go for 99 or anything.

16. Southpaw8668

In the past I tried to meet up on a regular basis with some folks on the Europe realm and it was tough with our times being so opposite. My wife started to get annoyed with my late night early morning hour playing sprees. :) @Kitteh I would like to at least try to meet up with you on the weekends if you're game?

17. Kitteh

I'm certainly up for that, but I can't organise MP through the SPF as I am banned from MP/trading. As it is outside of the forum it is fine for me to do it, but it can't be connected to the forum :p

18. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

I played some of the last ladder on US East. Bots are everywhere of course, but it is pretty easy to choose not to play with them if you dont want to. If you are lazy like I you kind of get used to it, it is helpful when getting started and less annoying than running Meph. I imagine my standards are much lower than others here when it comes to that.

Trading is also highly affected, for good and bad. I started late last ladder and was able to make very good trades because people have gear that they don't know what it is, and everyone is lacking runeword bases.

Since we cant manipulate the player count, I tend to do all my runs in bot games, too. I just find a chaos baal one that has a few others in it and can average p5 runs for cows/at/pit/keys.

I didn't use an ignore list, I just liberally use "n" (clear screen) in the beginning of games.

Kitteh likes this.