Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Computer Help

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Jules, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules IncGamers Member

OT: Computer Help

I could use some help i encountered a problem this afternoon. I went to play like usual today and the computer does not recognize my disc all the sudden? I pull it out and look at it, hundreds of tiny little scratches on it like someone took there fingernails to it. Problem is ever since i bought the cd it has not left the cd-rom so how could it have got all these scratches? How can i fix it? How can i get it to recognize my disc again so i don't have to buy a new one? All the help and suggestions given are widely appreciated.
    ~Jules

2. NEUROSHOCKED

NEUROSHOCKED IncGamers Member

1. There are products that can clean your CD and repair Scratch

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008EM7V/102-6307415-5649720?v=glance

2. There are programs out there which can repair your CD files. I don't have the link, I'll post one up later.

3. D2Loader ( sorry if this consider as hack )

Hope it help ;)

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

You could also use a virtual cd-rom drive...Of course you can't do this now with the scratched disc you have...but in the future it's a nice way to keep your cds intact...just copy them to your harddrive and use a virtual drive to load them up... This of course requires a large hard disk... but no virus infested cracks. Just try to googling.

4. Jules

Jules IncGamers Member

I just realized it is saying when i click d2 in start icon, diablo2 cannot find cd-rom and it lets me retry..thats odd it cant find my cd-rom?

5. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

virtual drive, always, i do it for years, fast and reliable.

6. Jules

Jules IncGamers Member

Ok so i realized i think i know what is wrong. I went to play an mp3 song today and i right clicked it and it didnt even give me the option to "play" it wanted me to open file with "browse" blah blah i was like hmm. It doesn't even recognize my cd-rom. Reason being is windows update automatically updated then froze 3 days ago so i had to shut off computer, making a whole mess. I had to uninstall the parts of windows service pack 2 that i DID download and restarted my computer. After i restarted it , in the lower right hand corner my computer kept saying new hardware and kept making a noise like "ding" "ding" and new names kept coming up like cd-rom disk drive radeon 9800 ( vid card ). I think this has something to do with the error, im thinking of just doing system reboot?

EDIT: To make it interesting and possibly get more help, the person to give me the solution that works i will get on diablo *East Hardcore Ladder* and give them 2 ists or a few items of there choosing ;)

7. 55th_syn

55th_syn IncGamers Member

I would try reinstalling the sp2 pack. That may just fix the problem. If not just reinstall the drivers for the hardware you keep getting errors on or which ever ones that are listed in device manager with errors.

Syn

8. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

what a silly way to solve your problems

imagine a college professor saying: "i will give a shako to whoever gets an A in this course". i bet a lot of people will hit the books REAL QUICK

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I wouldn't study for a Shako. I could just sit and drink beer and play Diablo 2 and find my own Shako, and then I'd be drunk, and have a Shako, and have had/be having WAY more fun then if I was studying! :lol: :drink:

10. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

how bout if the professor offered drinks AND shako?

11. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

1) Try doing a system restore if you had it enabled.
    2) If you didn't have it enabled, or it didn't work, try doing a recovery installation. You'll keep your data still that way, you'll just need to reinstall the windows updates and possibly some drivers...I can't recall exactly.