Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Bunny's Uni Update (read me)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bunny_Usagi, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

OT: Bunny's Uni Update (read me)

Of course you all are interested in how my classes are going, but honestly, I don't know, because I have been deathly ill for the last 2 weeks which has left me bedridden for the most part of those 2 weeks. I haven't really worked or gone to school, which is really bad. One of my professors dropped me for not attending class, but then she felt really bad when she found out that I was sick, but oh well I get to take 9 credits and still live in the dorms so I am quite happy actually. Next week things will go back to normal because I should be 100% healthy by then.

My boy dilemma isn't as confusing as it was before. Marcus, the boy that I was trying super hard to get into a relationship with decided that he wasn't over his ex girlfriend, so not too much really came of us. We cuddled and watched a movie followed by one kiss and then a confession the next day.

The following weekend I made a connection with someone at my first rave, and his name is Patrick and he is rather straight edge on everything, doesn't do drugs, doesn't drink, virgin until marriage, and plays Diablo 2 :prop:. Definatly my type of guy. We dated for a day, but then decided to get to know each other better so we still have the same benefits as before except now we are just getting to know each other better before we get to serious. I am kind of worried about that boy though, because he has a torn ACL and is going in for surgery tomorrow. I am going to make him a dozen origami roses in his favorite colors as a get well present. I think he will like it. I think that we will make things official sometime next week or something :fortuneteller: .

Now all I need is a D2 disk and I will be perfect!

2. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

3. 6dollarburger

6dollarburger Banned

I apologize for posting here, but the topic hasn't yet reached the DoOL and Bunny's PM box is full.

This will sound creepy, but here goes:

My name is also Patrick. I am also straight-edge in exactly the same manner. I had a torn ACL and recently got out of surgery. I also enjoy raving, even though I have to sneak into clubs in the US. And, of course, I play D2. I've never met you, though, judging from your avatar.

That's weird if I ever heard of it.

Anyways, best of luck to you! I would be at college right now if I hadn't been held back in 3rd grade for a "lack of overall maturity." :undecided: I hope you feel better, and I guess I'll find out in the DoOL if this Patrick is someone I need to meet. :smiley:

4. somethingsin

somethingsin IncGamers Member

No drugs, drinks or 'lovemaking' and you met him at a rave?!?!?1
    Define 'rave'

that goes for 6$ too...

I thought raves are parties that lasted for ages (days quite often) and are frequented by people who use XTC or Meth exclusively, never mind any 'lovemaking', noone'd remember...

I must've got two things mixed up

5. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Get better soon, bunny! :thumbsup:

6. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

Just posting here cos I like your username! :wave:
    Good luck with the boys, it'll be fine.
    And I hope you will feel better soon!

7. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

They are the same thing, but I am clean and so is he. Growing up in a small town I learned not to do any of that stuff. Not to mention that it really messed up my sister's life. The raves don't go for days on end here, just from like 10pm to 3am and then there are after parties. I didn't make love to anyone might I add, he's a virgin, amazingly. We just spent time laughing at the people on drugs and snuggled up all comfy like on a sofa. :afro:

8. 6dollarburger

6dollarburger Banned

@sin: That is the general definition of a rave, and they are frequented by users of XTC, Meth, Mescaline, Shrooms and other things. But doing drugs isn't mandatory. Do I represent the typical rave-goer? Not by a long shot. I'm there for the atmosphere, which I enjoy more when I'm sober. Part of that atmosphere is the people, and yes, most of them do drugs. But I typically rave with a large group of friends, as it makes it easier to get in (remember, I must sneak at this point), and it makes mingling less difficult. There are exceptions to the rule, and while I don't typically go to raves "looking for someone," it is nice when you find a person you relate to. Trust me, there are enough prescription drugs on my kitchen counter to get my entire school high. But it's not what I'm interested in. Drugs cost one of my friends a high school education, and they caused another to jump from a 15th-floor window. I've seen enough of that, thank you.

Per the "lovemaking," that definitely goes on, too. But I have my own agenda, and I decided a long time ago that I alone determine my actions. If you fast-forwarded 10 years, would I have changed significantly? It's possible. But I don't worry about the future. I'm happy now, and I live for the moment. That, in a nutshell, is both why I rave and why I'm straight-edge.

9. somethingsin

ok....
    I thought they played the type of music which is hard to enjoy when sober....

I just have some difficulty picturing a straight-edge person enjoying an atmosphere like that.
    But then, I've never been to a rave, so I'll shut up now.

As we say in Holland, Ieder z'n meug.

(well, most people wouldn't use that expression anymore these days)

10. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

True, I don't use it anymore either. 'tis maar net wat je lekker vindt.

11. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Hope you get well soon, bunny! :flowers:

I'd like to comment on the other subjects, but it's pointless to council someone I don't even know like they were my 10-year-old kids, but then again, you posted this thread so I'd assume you'd appreciate feedback... :confused1: :scratch: Whatever, just get well!

12. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Anyone watch Grey's Anatomy? Good show, you should watch it. Anyway, this reminds me of George, Kali (sp?), and Derik, and "I will love you soonish." Good times.

"Learned not to do," "missed out on." A fine line I suppose, and all user preference. Personly I don't regret my past I laugh about it, and miss it. I also don't repeat it anymore. *sigh*

None the less it sounds like you are having fun at Uni. and I'm glad you're teacher didn't kick you out of class permenently! Good luck with your marks, and everything else RL related.

Cheers
    -hps

13. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

Of course I appreciate it. I love to see that my thread took off a little bit.

As for the straight edge Patrick, he is a moderate when it comes to being a straight edge, many of his friends aren't and he has a very open mind which is nice. I really like him. I think that things could really turn into something great.

Oh, and I could have had the chance to do stuff in Valdez, but I never did. THERE WAS A HUGE DRUG BUST THERE LIKE LAST WEEK. I am bummed that I wasn't there to laugh about it.

14. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Huh, when I was in college there was a bar that was known for ravish behavior, or at least a little more bizare antics. (like after ren fair everyone would go there, in garb. They also had chess boards set up around the dance floor, which was compleate with elevated poles) And I have to admit, it was my favorite bar, just b/c you'd meet the most intresting people, and while some folks needed drugs to lose the inhabitions, none of my friends ever did illegeal drugs there.

15. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

Well thats awesome!!!

Dude, I am kind of P.O.ed right now, because this girl Sam was just telling me about how her and Patrick were talking about making things more serious so now I feel kind of played. GRR.

How should I deal with this??

16. somethingsin

your world does change mighty quickly....

Let go, forget patrick for a while.
    remain icily cool, yet polite

not based on experience

And this makes the discussion even more suitable to the DooL

17. Bunny_Usagi

Bunny_Usagi Banned

18. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.