OT - Bugger

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
OT - Bugger

Oh well, no D2 for me for a while. My CD drive has been playing up for a while and it just died. :rant: No matter what CD I place in it, the computer tells me there is no media present. :grrr: Looks like a new drive for me.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Open your computer and make sure all the cables are seated properly. You might also grab a CD lens cleaner; they're cheap and they can't hurt.

chase_encode

Diabloii.Net Member
You could get the no cd crack for dII. Then if some friends can get you the (two?) mpq files you need, you should be able to play. This can sometimes help speed up the game as well. You should be able to find it with google.

-cheers

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
I clean the lenses on a regular basis Durf, so I know that isn't the problem. Over the last month or so when I put in a data disk it would autostart the audio CD player. Other times it would try to access the disc during the game and I'd get the put in the diablo disc error. I think it's possessed. :surprise: I'll look into your suggestion chase, I know the drives are not expensive, but I can't afford one this week. :hanky:

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
AE am I allowed to ask for this loader? or does it come under the blanket of hacks/cheats/wares? :scratch:

wildjinn

Diabloii.Net Member
It's definitely under the hack/warez side, but someone will probably PM you about it. I would, but I don't know where a reputable one can be found. :)