Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ot: Best Show Ever

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wraithan, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Wraithan

Wraithan IncGamers Member

Ot: Best Show Ever

If you have ever had the chance to see SlipKnot, you know what I am talking about, if you haven't, go see them when they come to a place near you. I saw them tonight, I may not be able to speak, but it was the best concert I have ever been to... my neck is sore from head banging, I can't really hear that well.. but it was all SOOO worth it.

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Meh. Slipknot has become teh suchz over the past few years.

Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses just didn't have the same feel as some of the older things. A few of the songs are pretty good the first couple of times you listen to it, but after that it's not that amazing. I mean after Iowa it just wasn't the same. You can't top Disasterpiece and The Shape.

That's not to say their second and first album lacked awesomeness, because they were great too.

3. Wraithan

Eh, personal opinion, I jumped on the bandwagon in Vol 3. but own all, I like Iowa and 870621345, and Subliminal Verses the same for the most part, I have favorites off all the CDs.

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Actually 870621345 isn't the album title. It's a self title album. Just called Slipknot. IIRC 870621345 is just the first track name. (Sorry. That's been like a personal irk since I first started listening to Slipknot)

And if you haven't heard anything off of M.F.K.R, you should attempt to find some downloads. M.F.K.R(Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat) was their very first album. Pretty awesome since they sound a lot more gritty like a good new band should.

But yeah. I don't have too much against Slipknot. They just seem to sound more like StoneSour more than Slipknot now.

(Not to say that StoneSour was bad. Just... StoneSour and Slipknot have different sounds and should stay like that, IMO. Damn. I keep sounding like I'm intentionally trying to argue. :p *kicks himself*)

5. Wraithan

lol I liked Stone Sour better, and have hers some stuff off of M.F.K.R. but didnt like it as much. I like both sounds and don't mind the combination, because they still play older stuff at concerts.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Slipknot is supposedly coming to Denmark during the summer so that's gonna be awesome. While I don't agree with Serdash that Vol 3 is an inferior album to the 2 first ones I think that the new songs lack a bit of live appeal. I actually think the new album is much more nuanced and that makes it more enjoyable to listen to in the long run, but for pure headbanging pleasure the 2 first are probably better.

The first time I ever saw Slipknot I jammed a nerve in my back or something...the pain took 6 months to go away and whenever I played Diablo II my left hand would go all numb:(

7. Wraithan

N0 P0T|0Ns 4 j00!!

8. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Pfft.

Amature headbanging?

Or amature mosh pitting? :teeth:

:p

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well slipknot are good, but nothing comapred to slipknot and slayer joint tour that i went to last year. The mosh pit was at least 10,000 people and the who thing was amazing. I actually went mainly for slayer, but enjoyed slipknot live as well, which was an added bonus.

10. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

on 31.5. Iron Maiden will come to Graz and if I finish my studies by then (hopefully!!!!) I will grant myself a ticket. - The price is high though: 54 € for a concert is not the least...

but hey, its MAIDEN!

11. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Blasphemy!!! I went to the same tour (Unholy Alliance right??) and Slipknot totally rocked. I like Slayer but live, you couldn't really distinguish the songs from eachother...they were all just really fast and really loud. Went home half-way through the Slayer set, because my little brother was tired.

I'm not the biggest guy in the world but I can usually hold my own in the pit:) but the crush was just to big and I lost my balance and I couldn't recover it...was actually pretty scary because it felt like my back would break. Apart from that it was a good show:)

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You left during slayer? :eek: *slaps chimaira with a wet fish*
    ANd darn you isengard, i was going to see maiden, but the only shows there doing in UK are part of reading and leeds festival, which both sold out even before maiden announced they were playing, so i couldnt get tickets. The only hope is that i can find enough people who want to go to Paris to see them.

13. corax

corax IncGamers Member

you know whats better than slipknot....
    reefknot :D

14. colony

colony IncGamers Member

I've never seen Slipknot live, and I'm going to keep my opinions about them to myself (never really been their biggest fan), but the best gig I've ever been to has to have been Maiden at Brixton Academy 3 years ago.

I managed to get 2 joints in there, which really got me into the mood, and it was worth every penny of the £22 I paid for a ticket. Hallowed be thy Name live, ahhh the memories:D

I can't wait until 10th of June for the Download festival. Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Sabbath, Nightwish, Lamb of God, Motorhead...

The line up can only get better:)

15. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

when somebody surpasses Bruce Springsteen's four hour+ shows (with 110% energy from the first moment to the last) or the passion of Melissa Etheridge on stage, or can top the showmanship of Keith Emerson in his heyday, then they can claim "best concert ever" (and this is ignoring the marathon shows put on by Led Zeppelin and John Melloncamp, the theatrics of Pink Floyd or Genesis, the crazed stageshows of the early Tubes, the pure instrumental virtuosity of Yes, the audience rapport of James Brown, the atmosphere of a Grateful Dead concert, the ear-splitting volume of The Who or Deep Purple, the feedback barrage of Neil Young, I could go on)

A wanna-be Kiss fad band like Slipknot will never come close.

16. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Amen. :thumbsup:

17. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

I view Slipknot as one of those generic "wanna-be Kiss fad bands" as HBB mentioned. And Iron Maiden > all wanna-be Kiss fad bands.
    I think it's pretty obvious that I am a Maiden fan. :)