Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Are you playing WoW Xpac?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by darkrealm, Nov 14, 2014.

1. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

Just curious to see if anyone is playing? I got from 90-93 yesterday. They have some new features that are actually pretty cool. You get your own town...Which to me is really cool. Make your own buildings. Defend it from invaders. Maybe the most fun I have had with WoW in about 6 years...

2. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Ooh that does sound cool. I don't play WoW but my gf still has a subscription. She hasn't gotten the xpac yet, she's been playing D3 a lot more than WoW (which she got for free by re-upping WoW).

3. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

Never Played WoW, probably won't commit to that time sink. But you never know.

4. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I tried Wow a long time ago (the Free Version cause Ima cheap ass) and couldn't get into the game really. Seemed like all ya do is gather resources to craft stuff but I doubt Ill give it a try again, cant even get enough time for D3 anymore....

5. darkrealm

Well let me tell you...I have been in a Q for 3 hours just trying to get on the server...so no one is missing anything at this point.

6. darkrealm

99.6 getting closer to 100. I am having some fun with it for now. We'll see what it's like in a few weeks.

7. Yoo

Yoo IncGamers Member

Might be joining in WoW, for now playing some Hearthstone and might try out Hots. My wife and I used to play WoW back in Wrath of the Lich King (and prior to) and we loved it. My wife isn't a big fan of hearthstone and plays a little bit of D3 for story/fun. WoW was much more engaging for her and something we can play together is great.

My disappointment with Blizzcon has really sunk in at this point (especially with reading and commenting on the latest news items). So I think I'm done D3 for a bit at least, maybe a break is what I need. Likely I need a break until they do some real and non-detrimental changes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    Steven Hazani likes this.
  8. darkrealm

I had my first real disappointment.I found out that once you hit level 100 you were not able to obtain a flying mount.

9. Yoo

Yoo IncGamers Member

Oh, weird. Like you can't fly in the new areas? Can't use your current mounts?

10. darkrealm

Yeah there is no flying at 100. TBH I might not have bought the Xpac if I knew that going in. I think you can still fly in the old zones. Just so stupid...and yet there are people actually defending having to ride everywhere..

11. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

So is the moral don't level to 100? The only things I know about WoW is from watching over my gf's shoulder as she plays, but I have to say it seems like having a flying mount is pretty handy thing for WoW players.

12. Blizzfan

Blizzfan IncGamers Member

i'm pretty sure it will be added sooner or later.
    there are people who paid REAL MONEY to buy flying mounts, or farmed the shit out of bosses that drop flying mounts.
    i really think that they are saving Flying mounts availibity til later, because the expac just came out, i'm sure there are still lots of things to do at max level that don't involve flying mounts... and plus, I hear that the fly points are better this time around and aren't so inconvienant.

i honestly haven't bought the expansion yet, but ive read a lot of good reviews on it. seems like the best recieved expansion since Wrath of the lich king..
    i never buy WoW expansions on launch day because there is so much queue and EVERYBODY IS PLAYING

13. darkrealm

Sadly, the lack of a flying mount is Blizzard trying to slow the game down for longevity. I thought about this quite a bit last night as a mucked along on my riding mount slowly getting to each and every area I wanted to go. Yes, there are a number of flight points, but it really does suck.

I can see it now...pay another $40 for an expansion that allows you to fly..yeah. Money makes companies do terrible things...

14. Blizzfan

i think they will add flying in a future patch of WoD. i'm pretty sure I read a blue post of the battle net forums saying that. or maybe i'm imagining things.

i my self don't care if there are no flying mounts. i think it's better actually, especially if you are on a pvp realm. WoW needs world pvp back!! gank me all you want! :D :D

15. darkrealm

I like world PvP, but TBH it just doesn't have the same appeal it did for me 8-10 years ago. At that time, everyone on the server knew each other. We did BGs against each other. We had epic AVs that lasted for days. We would taunt each other on teh realm forum. It was a glorious time...

Not sure about the post. Haven't been able to find a blue response yet that addresses it directly.

16. Blizzfan

well, I started playing WoW in Burning Crusade so as far as i'm aware, true world pvp stopped when bgs were introduced.

and maybe no flying will bring more community back in WoW (i doubt it)

the only issue ive never learned to deal with present day WoW is how non challenging HEROIC dungeons are within months of the release. it's always been a problem of everybody just does them now for quick points (or now gold.) rather than gameplay. and you get these over geared people just flying you through dungeons. and really, there aren't that many dungeons... i remember in MoP, when I would level a character and do a normal dungeon they were HARDER than the heroic mode would be at level 90. That just isn't right for a video game, if you play on a "harder" difficulty it should be "harder". and we know now for a fact that blizz doesn't see 5 mans as an important part of the game anymore and are just there because they have to be.

on a plus side , the games raid content has become better over the years in my opinion and a lot more accessible. (no, i'm not talking about LFR, i'm talking about FLEX and beyond...)