Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: Anyone tried Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

OT: Anyone tried Team Fortress 2

Any good?

Are the listed specs actually "real" or "yeah if you want it to play like a snail".

Screenies looked a bit like Hellgate. Fair comparison?

Gieb info. Ta.

2. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia IncGamers Member

Re: OT: Anyone tried Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2 is great, although I have become stuck on custom maps where all you do is snipe or you get headshotted. If I enjoyed working as a part of a team I would probably enjoy the regular maps a lot more.

I don't know anything about the system spec's because I run it on a crazy fast machine.

I have never played Hellgate, but I know that Team Fortress 2 looks amazing at 2560x1600 with max settings :wink3:. Don't be fooled by the cartoony nature it has lots of graphic details.

3. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

Hellgate as in hellgate london?

Uh....not similar.

I play some CSS and some TF2. It's not amazing, it's just yet another FPS with classes.

4. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

What Silo said is right, its an alright game, just nothing to write home about. I also run it on a stupid fast machine, so system requirements mean nothing to me. As for the visual style, imagine a more mature version of "The Incredibles", and you pretty much have it.

5. LazySlothman

LazySlothman IncGamers Member

I was going to reply to this thread the other day but the forums went down..

I have been playing a fair bit of TF2, again on new fast machine so not sure about the specs..

It is great fun for a fps - I enjoy playing all the classes even the ones I am not that great at as they do have really different playstyles.. feeling defensive? Play an engineer with static sentry & dispenser.. feeling helpful? go a medic.. want to run really fast and bounce around? scout! Every class can be fun in the thick of it.

They are releasing updates fairly steadily and have recently brought in class based achievements that will take some time completing which reward you with new weapon choices etc giving even more options of playstyles (I wouldnt say 'depth' but its more than the usual) Its only for the medic so far so there are more of them than usual running around..

I am not sure about the overseas servers but here in aus they are pretty talkative and generally in good spirit, I once entered a game where by mutual consent pretty much all 24 people were playing melee! Some of the best fun i've had playing a computer game :thumbsup: