Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT //All Laugh At Me\\ OT

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FinMcCooL, Apr 10, 2005.

1. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

OT //All Laugh At Me\\ OT

Well I got a little storey for yous. Today I desided to build a new PvP Necro,and I was trying to name him, I tried about 100 orginal names(I thought) and kept getting the good old "a character with this name already exists on this realm" message. Being short tempered and a lot hungover I desided to do some self mulling, it was going fine I was mulling away, when a new name for my necro popped into my head.

I had about 20 items lying on the floor nothing special mostly stuff for low lvl characters, but the name I arrived at for my necro had a word in it, the spelling of which I wasn't sure of. "To hell with it" I said, and I pressed the windows key to go and check Word for the correct spelling. Bish bosh got the correct spelling and returned to the game, however Im now at the log on screen alarms bell start to ring. I log on and select a character and try and re-enter my mulling game. Game name, password, message "this game does not exist", $%$£, £$£%, and so on. All items lost, a typical storey of a self muller nothing usual about that.

However Im now a 8 on rage scale, 10 being the old rock star cliche about throwing the T.V. out of a hotel window, subbing T.V for monitor and hotel for my house you get the picture. "Ok" I said, so I take the hit and goto create my new Necro, in goes name, press the button, "a character with this name already exists on this realm" aaaRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!. ( 9 on scale
    now) I try a few variations on spelling but I'm not really happy with the results.

In a rage I press quit and deside to delete my baby necro to rename him. I press Delete Character and without looking I confirm my selection. BOOM!, the world slows down its like Im stuck in a time warp, I look down at the screen and to my horror there is my baby necro stareing back at me, "oh god No, "OH GOD NOOOOO", I frantically scan my screen, whats missing? MF sorce still there, Wolfiebarb, present and correct, Javazon, looking hot, Smiter, still there looking smug as all good smiters should, Mule there, WTF missing?? Then like a four year girl I feel the tears start to well up in my eyes, "It can't be...", "no there must be some mistake...", whimper whimper.

Yes folks I deleted the first character I ever made, My lvl 95 baba monster, complete with Arreats 199, 6ll 40-15 jool, 14%ed Archon Enigma, upped 200 gores, Grief, Botd, Oath, Chammed Storm, Maras, Sojs, Skillers with life, the whole shabang, gone poof.

Well, the moral of the storey is two fold.
    One, If you dont laugh you have to cry :lol:
    and two, for Gods sake pay attention when your getting taught spelling at school :thumbsup:

Fin~

P.s I plumped for BoNeSfOrYoU, a play on the english ad for a popular mobile phone retailer. When hes built I figure he will be one of the most costly characters ever created :lol:

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

damm im really sorry about that. i deleted my meteorber sorc by accident with some nice stuff but not 1/10 of what you had.

=|

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

ouch, damn. that hurts :(
    hope the necro will do fine though, if thats any comforting :teeth:

4. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

Must say, I'm impressed at your attitude about it all. It's a good example for the rest of us. :)

5. TheODB

TheODB IncGamers Member

did the same thing with my hammerdin day after i finished him at the beginning of this season. Meant to delete a lvl 1 guy i had to check for normal games

6. woundead

woundead IncGamers Member

That sucks, I would probably get an 11 on the rage scale if it happened to me. This Could be very funny, because it didnt happen to me. But somehow it isnt, because its exactly one of those things that could happend to me too :(

7. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Wow, that really sucks. If that happened to me, I would stop playing d2 for a while.

Kind of like when you are playing a game, get really far since your last save, then die, when you could have saved easily at any time. If this has ever happened to you, you know the feeling I'm talking about. That feel of utter loss, of all that time wasted for nothing. The rage, the irony, and the fact that it could have been avoided easily.

When this happens, I curse at my TV, and stop playing the game for a while.

Even though I have never been in your situation, I feel your pain man. Your loss is so great its got ME feeling depressed.

8. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

My condolences :(

9. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

may we have a moment of silence...........for Fins baba.........(insert depressing funeral music in the background).

CampKillYourself

10. chicagobullit

chicagobullit IncGamers Member

oh man that sucks big time.

i did the same thing with a mule that had several valuble charms.

you know what you must do: make this the most godly necro that ever existed.

11. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

thats gotta hurt more than being kicked in the codpiece with a frozen boot....chin up

12. Emerald Dragon

*Plays the worlds smallest violin*

13. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

moral of the story don't get pissed and play d2 you'll regret it later.

anyhow i feel your loss man im sorry that happened i too have gotten mad b4 and done some stupid ass ****. i got so mad once i just quit playing for a while i come back and my acct wasn't used enough so all my chars go bye bye (whimper whimper).

i learned the moral and i bet u will 2. sorry can't do more than offer comfort as i no longer play online.

14. mdkkns

mdkkns IncGamers Member

Man, did that in season 1. Got so angry that I slammed my fist onto my table. My fish died as a result. You know how? Drowned in my cup of coffee when it got scared and jumped. Really liked that fish...

15. Emerald Dragon

You mean you didn't notice your fish fall into your coffee? I would imagine it would make a splash or something.

I had a similar experiance with my old keyboard. Back when I was starting out, I traded with this guy in act 1 some stuff for an occy(Which for me was godly), and then went to the inner cloister wp, ran over to the stairs leading to the jail level, dropped my stuff. I then got my other char, came back, went to the inner cloister wp just to see the guy running for the jail stairs. I ran after him, but he got to the stairs first, took my occy, and left.

I was so pissed, I slammed my fist against the desk, making my pop tip over and drench my keyboard in pepsi. I was in a REALLY bad mood for the rest of the day.

16. mdkkns

mdkkns IncGamers Member

:( well, everything on the table sorta jumped (including the coffee mug), so I did hear a splash. But I was too pre-occupied counting the losses, so my poooooor fish...... is in heaven now...

17. zXz

zXz IncGamers Member

I'll second that. 'cause I took deleted my first char up by accident because I was rather furious so I hit the wrong button :(. I only noticed what I was doing after I said ok to delete. And my mind went OH NO!! (maybe not exactly in those words but I didnt want to say what I really said :eek: ) I was rather lucky since a couple of friends helped me out by giving me some gear. Compared to the stuff we now have those items werent that great. But back then I thought I had died and gone to blizzard heavan :lol: As for now we all have better items. But the basic principle still remains: If one of us needs items, runes or whatnots we all help by giving rushes, cow lvls or mf runs so this way the other can get the items they want faster :).

18. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

I'd like to thank all those for their kind comments, it was a fitting send off for the little fellow.

@M No fish were harmed in the making of my drama. :lol:

FinMcCooL
    LVL 95
    Barbarian
    RIP

Fin~

19. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

pfft, i think all of us have done stupid things once, i did lot's of em, lost about 15++ (in hr's) of stuff, but then i go like this: "it's just a game"

I think that's the most important thing all of us should keep in mind!

ps: sorry for the baba

bef

20. rg_22uk

rg_22uk IncGamers Member

Done the same before when deleting a mule sorc. It was about the same level as another which coincidentally had died in a recent game and I had not picked up the body (e.g. she was 'naked' on the character selection screen as was the mule). Didn't lose anything godly, main thing was the full Tals set.

There is one upside to this though, it will give you something to aim for again.