Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OT: A dream come true??

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kung Poo, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

OT: A dream come true??

Ok, many of you probably already know this, but I found out just a few days ago, and I've been going nuts ever since.

Final Fantasy 7... for many of us, it's the best FF game in the series. And for years we've been crying to Square to make a re-release or sequel... and now, it's happened. Sort of.

*speaking in the "Movie Previews Guy" voice* Coming to Japan this summer, Final Fantasy 7 as you've never seen it before.

That's right, it's a sequel. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. However, this is going to be a movie, not a game, completely in CG and released only on DVD. No theatre action here, just DVD. Do yourself a favor and look it up on Google. The screen caps and such are... well... awesome. Sephiroth has never looked cooler.

As usual, Nobuo Uematsu is composing all the music, and we should be seeing revamped versions of One Winged Angel, Aeris' theme, and the main theme of the game, along with new pieces.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this tidbit of information for those of you who didn't know about it.

~K_P

::edit:: Anyone ever noticed how Richard in my avatar looks remarkably like Kevin Bacon?? :lol:

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

FF7 is actually the only one of them that I've bothered to play through...8 was just video's non-stop and the rest just didn't interest me that much...

btw, you've definitely had too strong coffee or something, that's not Kevin Bacon, it's Patrick Swayze :lol:

3. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

kung poo, its weird because i knew it was coming out, and ive read alla the sword of truth novels >.> NERDS UNITE!!!

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I've seen one of the movie trailers. If I can get ahold of the URL where I found it I'll toss it your way K_P.

It's all awesome, and has music, and this stuff, and theres an explosion, and Cloud, and a sword, and Sepiroth, and stuff, AND BLAM BLAM BLAM SHING! CLASH BLAM FLIP FWOOSH FLAM BLANG BLAM BLAM! It's awesome.

But Seph got his hair cut... that makes me sad. :(

5. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

groovy news about the movie!

I must say though, I couldn't get into the SOT novels too far. by the third one, I tired of the series, which is rare for me. It always seemed like 'big bad evil keeps the lovers aparts, seems impossible to win, but they figure it out'...I know it's a common theme for most fantasy, and I think the quality of his writing is quite high, but I just kind of lost interest in the series...what keeps you guys going on it? I'm just curious, because I like the first and second one a lot, but ended up bored after the third...

6. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

7. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I would have liked better if they did it with FF6 instead. I've never been into the PSX FF, 'cept FFX, but it's on PS2. FF6 for me is the best game of all time. Although one complaint, it's too easy. Now if SquareEnix would be kind enough to re-release it ala FF Anthology, but with a Normal - Hard game difficulty or something like they did with FF1 for the PSX. Graphics are good as they are. :uhhuh:

8. ThricethebeSaved

ThricethebeSaved Banned

I prefer Final Fantasy 6, it is really fun:)

9. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

10. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

I've often thought about playing FF but never got around to it. Now I'm feeding this D2 addiction so I'm still not playing FF. Oh well.

Ti-Ben - Is that a Sacred 'tar?

11. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Yes it is. The beautiful (read : sexy) Seraphim. :innocent:

12. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Sigh. I feel another addiction coming on. And I was just getting rolling with this one. :lol:

Sorry, KP, didn't mean to hijack. Have a drink on me. :buddies:

13. sativola

sativola IncGamers Member

Yeah...I saw a preview clip a month or so ago after I heard from a friend that it was gonna come out. Has Square Enix posted a release date for it?

14. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Durf, the site is in Japanese and not everyone can read it. I think the trailers I saw had subtitles in them too. If the ones at the official site have subtitles as well, then it's all good.

Shade: Yeah... it's really short... he looks weird... and Cloud looks like a clone of Tidus and Auron(from FFX).

If Aeris comes back, someone will die. Not in the movie, a godamn staff member of Square. She was impaled on a SIX FOOT LONG SWORD and then submerged IN A HUGE LAKE OF WATER! No way she lived. At all. Period.

The Seph coming back thing would be explainable.

15. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Well, it's supposed to be released in Japan in summer (like June or July), so I imagine it won't take long to get here, probably around November or so.

Yeah, FF6 was great, although I have a strong affinity for FF7 since it's the first FF I played. It's the atmosphere of the game that sucks you in, and FF7 had plenty of it.

As for Sephy cutting his hair... that's not Sephiroth. Trust me. I've read some of the storyline for the movie, and although their clothing and such is reminscent of Sephiroth, that's not him. Perhaps they're the other experiments from Hojo's projects?? Remember the reunion and seeing all the shadow people in Nibelheim. Just my theory, anyway.

16. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

OMG. life has meaning. Gimme more trailer links pls!