OSU Crowned National Champs!!!

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
OSU Crowned National Champs!!!

Well, might as well be anyway. I guess having your only loss be to the number one team in the nation is the best way to keep yourself out of the national championship.

But, I guess there's always at least one team who feels ripped off, given the current BCS situation, and this year, it's my beloved Michigan.

I just don't think Florida has a chance...

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes you do. I genuinely thought Michigan deserved it. I think they are the only team out there who can give OSU a game. They're the only team who proved they could this season, anyway.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I still think Michigan will show how good it is in their bowl game anyway.

caddad

Diabloii.Net Member
Ask the SEC if Florida has a chance. lol

Of course they have a chance, pompous people piss me off.

-D2netDad

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Michigan is the only team THAT PLAYED OHIO STATE that proved they had a chance to defeat them. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the SEC Champion MIGHT have a shot of doing the same.

I don't blame Michigan fans for feeling upset about this. Your only loss of the season was to the number 1 team in the country, at their stadium, by 3 points. However, Florida fans would have felt just as slighted, if not more. They played the toughest schedule in the nation, went 9-1 against bowl eligible teams, won the SEC, and took their only loss at a top 15 ranked team.

There was no good solution. Yet another call for an 8-team playoff.

Cheesehed

Diabloii.Net Member
Florida did not deserve that bowl bid, the bcs system is so flawed its rediculous. Do a damn tournament with the top 10 teams already

Cheesehed

Diabloii.Net Member
Michigan is the only team THAT PLAYED OHIO STATE that proved they had a chance to defeat them. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the SEC Champion MIGHT have a shot of doing the same.

I don't blame Michigan fans for feeling upset about this. Your only loss of the season was to the number 1 team in the country, at their stadium, by 3 points. However, Florida fans would have felt just as slighted, if not more. They played the toughest schedule in the nation, went 9-1 against bowl eligible teams, won the SEC, and took their only loss at a top 15 ranked team.

There was no good solution. Yet another call for an 8-team playoff.
Michigan might have more quality wins, Wisonsin(6), Notre Dame(11)

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think Michigan wins in the quality wins area. And they don't win in toughness of schedule area either. The best thing Michigan had going for it was that its only loss was to the #1 team.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahhh, you mean the Wisconsin team that didn't play a single ranked team all year except Michigan and the Notre Dame team that lost to every ranked team they played save UCLA (who only finished 25 in the final BCS standings).

Then there's Florida who had wins versus #4 LSU, #12 Arkansas and #17 Tennessee, all of whom had multiple wins versus teams that finished in the BCS top 25.

Not quite sure of your point there.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Florida and Michigan were fairly equal when everything was all laid out. Florida had the tougher schedule, Michigan's one loss came from a tougher team. In a way, I'm glad that the SEC gets to send their winner. There would have been complaining to high heaven if the SEC champ had 1 loss and didn't make the national championship game.

And I hope OSU wins to shut up all the SEC folks. :)

Cheesehed

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahhh, you mean the Wisconsin team that didn't play a single ranked team all year except Michigan and the Notre Dame team that lost to every ranked team they played save UCLA (who only finished 25 in the final BCS standings).

Then there's Florida who had wins versus #4 LSU, #12 Arkansas and #17 Tennessee, all of whom had multiple wins versus teams that finished in the BCS top 25.

Not quite sure of your point there.
Are you arguing arkansas and tennesee are better than wisconsin

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Arkansas and Tennessee each had 2 wins more than Wisconsin against ranked opponents

I would take a team that's 2-3 against ranked opp. ahead of a team thats 0-1 against ranked opp.

and I have a low opinion of the Big Ten this season

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Me too. Other than OSU and Michigan and a bit of Wisconsin, the conference was pretty crappy.
yep, Ohio State absolutely showed they deserved to be in the big game IMHO, after that it's a bit chancey

edit - worth mentioning that the title game will be the third time this season that Ohio State will face the #2

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
I like how Florida and Michigan were tied in the final computer rankings. So much for leaning on the computers to make a final decision, damn. Michigan fans can't blame the computers for this one, it's all on the pollsters (Florida was 2nd in both human polls).

What I don't like is how we might have to rely on QB Matt McCoy (and not Colt), a walk-on Senior in the Alamo Bowl. Colt might still be injured and Jevean Snead wants to transfer to a place where he can be the starter (completely understandable). At least all we're playing is Iowa.

5Ws

Banned
Are you arguing arkansas and tennesee are better than wisconsin
Hmm, I don't know...am I a better tennis player than Federer?
See, I'm always under the impression that you actually gotta know at least something about the subject in order to make an argument.

skihard

Banned
And I hope OSU wins to shut up all the SEC folks. :)
My two favorite teams in college football are Michigan and OSU except when they play each other then I only have one favorite team. I'm am hoping that Tressel doesn't do what he has done in past Bowl games and stop putting the ball in the end zone because they are up by by a lot of points. I want OSU to run that score up to 60 or more as I'm sure they have all the ability to do. hopefully this will be the most lopsided Bowl game in the history of the BSC.