Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Order of Light MP Group

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by boogied6, Feb 24, 2004.

1. boogied6

boogied6 IncGamers Member

Order of Light MP Group

Hello all, I have wanted to do this for a while now and since i built my new computer i am fully capable of doing this and Paladins are my favorate character due to their versitility.

Come one come all and join the Order of Light MP Group. This group will consist of 8 Paladins questing together to over throw the darkness that is enveloping the world. Our goal will be to vanquish the evils of hell with out anyone dying.

Now, this can be done in softcore or hardcore, it does not matter to me, becuase this is not a competition but a fun challenge, just let me know what everyone who wants to be involved wants to play in.

The rules:
    1. Each Paladin must be a different build and here is the build list:

Cleric-Me
    Zealot-
    Avenger-
    Hammeridn-
    Tesladin-
    Charger-
    Smitadin-
    Ranger-

2. Twinking is allowed
    3. You can quest and MP on your own but the entire group must finish the act together before moving on.
    4. I will host and i want to try to make this a weekly game, if not more if people can join.
    5. To be added later as i am sure i or other people will have suggestions

I think this group will be an extremely fun time and i hope you will be the next one to join.

Any questions or comments feel free to post, pm, or email me [email protected]

thanks

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Hmm, wonder if you can get the whole group together.

If you do, I wanna try the charger role. Had one skill point for that on my current paladin, and it was hilarious to use. Besides, time to put my 6 socket superior ethereal warpike to use, if only I had an extra zod. :grrr:

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

damn, i woudlve liked cleric, sounds good and ive never built one. but i'd like to build a zealot.

4. boogied6

ok so far it goes

Me-Cleric
    Farting Bob-Zealot
    NXDreamer-Charger
    ?-Avenger
    ?-Hammerdin
    ?-Tesladin
    ?-Smitadin
    ?-Ranger

If i dont get 8 i will form it with whoever showed interests. By the way and requests for softcore or hardcore. I have never played hardcore so i am game either way

5. NSXdreamer

I'll probably say softcore, since it would my first charger, and it probably won't have much life (see the 50K damage thread in paladin forum).

6. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

Well, I'm definately interested as Paladins are one of my favorite classes (next to Barbs). Hmmmm, there are only three builds on that list that I haven't made yet, one of them is already taken, so time to pull out my trusty quarter. Heads is Tesladin, tails is Ranger.....and Tesladin wins ;) Just call me Sparky ;)

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

yea, SC please. ive suffered 2 big lag deaths today whn palyign MP, and if it were HC, that woudleman it was over.
    borlag, i know you'll be reading this, can you send me your setup for zealots, i know there your favourite and i have never taken 1 past act 2 norm.

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

@ bob

Zealot is quite simple build

str for gear, dex for 75% block (with Holy Shield of course), everything else in vit

Sacrifice 20, Zeal 20, Fanaticism 20, Holy Shield 20 and maybe rest in Vengeance

9. The Scourge

The Scourge IncGamers Member

I guess i'll take the Ranger. Time to test out that Widowmaker I found (guided arrow on a paladin, WOOT!). I'm in. I would prefer softcore as well. Also, I can play on weekdays anytime from 4pm-10pm and on weekends, well all day so it doesen't matter.

10. Case_ofLogic

Case_ofLogic IncGamers Member

I'll be a hammerdin. Though I'm not really a paladin person I want to make a Hammerdin cause everyone says how good they are.

11. boogied6

well we are getting some progress

here it stands

Me-Cleric
    Farting Bob-Zealot
    NXDreamer-Charger
    AFriend-Avenger
    CaseOfLogic-Hammerdin
    MorbidDoom-Tesladin
    ?-Smitadin
    Scourge-Ranger

and it is softcore now. next we have to agree on times. i am a shift worker and i work 2 days 7am-3pm 2 nights 3pm-11pm and two days off. so my schedule is pretty flexible

all we need is a smiter since i got avenger taken

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

edit: what boogied said, but a bit to late.

13. NSXdreamer

Would be some interesting aura combinations here:

Cleric-Meditation (with prayer bonus)
    Zealot-Fanaticism
    Avenger-Conviction
    Hammeridn-Concentration
    Tesladin-Holy shock
    Charger-
    Smitadin-
    Ranger-Holy freeze (?)

Dunno what a smiter would use, or what my charger should use, maybe might, since it's not yet taken and I need it as synergy anyway. Think we need to decide who use what, so things won't repeat.

Oh and for time, most time during evenings, and probably sundays as well, unless I have exam the nest day. I'm also free the whole week this week, gotta love spring break.

14. boogied6

even though it sounds weak you could try might, with all the other offensive auras going on and all

15. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i thik we shoudl have more defensive auras. so for those builds that dont require a specific aura, i'd try a defenive. and getting all 8 online wil be impossible, i knwo from experience.
    i can do weekends (fri/sat) from about 7pm>1am GMT (im in england). central US time is about 5 or 6 hours behind, so thats 2pm>7pm ish. and i can do most weekdays evening (6pm>11pm).

16. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

Hi,
    I've never played Pally befor and I think it would be nice to try other characters than necro(my favourite), so since the only build that you need is a smitdine I'll make one:) MP with you guys is realy good :clap:

17. boogied6

ok so we have it now

Me-Cleric
    Farting Bob-Zealot
    NXDreamer-Charger
    AFriend-Avenger
    CaseOfLogic-Hammerdin
    MorbidDoom-Tesladin
    usamahanas-Smitadin
    Scourge-Ranger

tomorrow i will start the group. it will 1.10 sc and shall start tomorrow form 6pm-11pm eastern standard time. after tomorrow we can discuss what times are best but plan on playing in the evening. i will post in this thread at 6pm tomorrow my ip addy. there might be some times when i wont be there during that time but i will leave the game up. so tomorrow 6pm eastern let the demons pee their pants

18. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

What's the difference in time between eastern standard and GMT? I think it's about 6-7 hours.

19. NSXdreamer

I'll drop some points in salvation as well, so if you have any spare points, pick a defensive aura as well.

Oh do you guys use MSN messenger or something? Would much easier to communicate.

20. boogied6

right now it is +5 hours, it changes to +4 hours with daylight savings time here in the us