Orb vs Blizzard in pvp

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
Orb vs Blizzard in pvp

hi all,
im pretty much wondering what would be better for a pvp sorc.
using blizzard or orb as main attack
since blizzard has very nice dmg but is is not that hard to avoid
and orb does less dmg, but allmost impossible to avoid, unless ur playing very defensive.
can anybody tell me what would be better/

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm, sorry if that was a little unclear. I'll clarify:

I meant more as in; do you like to play offensive, or defensive? Do you like hiding and sniping people from far distances? or do you like to shoot them right in the face and watch them die? Are you one of those people who enjoy playing classes that hit and run?

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
im not really some 1 who keeps teleporting away, cast blizzards over myself, so if any melee char for example comes attacking me, they drop dead.
so im more an offensive player, in 95% off the duels, im hunting, except when i play vs a very good defensive player, than ill let him do the hunting

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Then I think Blizzard will be the spell for you. The problem is that there are so many synergies required that you may not have a second elemental atack. So beware of evil pubbie duelers who stack resist and absorb against you. However, a few Facet jewels will help balance that out a little.

wangboBW

Diabloii.Net Member
Well Orb would be my choice of attack because with even just 63 FCR you can get 1-2 hits off while off the screen with orb traps. That will keep you out of range and make you very deadly, but the main problem that I have noticed with pvp is that Bliz has a horrible reputation of missing the target, especially if its running away. I.E. I actually forfeited a duel with an amazon with my bliz mfer b/c she just kept running away and every time i casted bliz around her she always found a way to run away.

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
well, i decided ill make a blizzard and an orb sorc :D
but for the orb sorc, after maxing orb, ice bolt, CM, putting 1 in tele, 10 in warmth, what should i do next? put my other points in tele for lesser mana?
or more warmth??

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
wangboBW said:
Well Orb would be my choice of attack because with even just 63 FCR you can get 1-2 hits off while off the screen with orb traps. That will keep you out of range and make you very deadly, but the main problem that I have noticed with pvp is that Bliz has a horrible reputation of missing the target, especially if its running away. I.E. I actually forfeited a duel with an amazon with my bliz mfer b/c she just kept running away and every time i casted bliz around her she always found a way to run away.
and that is my problem with blizzard..
unless u find some 1 who has 0 faster run walk, or keeps forgetting he cannot tank a blizzard, u wont hit anything..

Lantto

Diabloii.Net Member
As far as Ive heard and seen a lot of the really cheesy sorcs use blizzard. If you have good enough eq and play someone without 300+ stacked res and absorb you pretty much kill in one it. That combined with teleing at incredible speed is relly good.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
My friend has a maxed out synergys Blizzard sorc, and I'm a 2.2k life necr with 250% cold resist (nightmare), with just one item of absorb (Snowclash) and I can take a lot of hits.

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
if your'e going pubby duels, most ppl won't stack resists, so blizzard is usually a better skill

xAnjelofLytex

Diabloii.Net Member
I say Orb..I love my blizz sorc for mfing (owns Meph better than orb ever could), but she isnt great in pk. Orb is really the way I recommend. Does less dmg but can be cast quickly, then tele away. IMO, blizz is only good if u love to townguard. ;)

Jell-O

Diabloii.Net Member
keanu said:
well, i decided ill make a blizzard and an orb sorc :D
but for the orb sorc, after maxing orb, ice bolt, CM, putting 1 in tele, 10 in warmth, what should i do next? put my other points in tele for lesser mana?
or more warmth??
On my vitality orbsorc I found that I get stunned way too easily without energy shield so I'd recommend that, but only if you can get at least 16 into telekinesis aswell.

Dumping some point into teleport(instead of more than 1 in warmth) is also not a bad idea as with my low 800 mana, teleport drained my mana the most, but that all depends on your amount of mana.

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
im lvl 83 with my orb sorc, and got 12 free skills points, so that would be lvl 13 telekenisis.
than lvl 83-87 wont be a problem.. and than just a couple of long lvls until 90, but any further than lvl 90 is not my style.. takes to long imo