Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Orb sorceress viable?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by XtasyGrizzly, Jun 30, 2005.

1. XtasyGrizzly

XtasyGrizzly IncGamers Member

Orb sorceress viable?

I just died with my lvl 81 hammerdin and thinking to start a orb/es sorc but i have a questions before i start.

1: I have some items , lidless , prestent crown etc but with those items is that viable to start mf on meph hell ? or shuld i start at meph nightmare ?

2: Is it better to use 4 p topaz / 3 p topaz helm and armor then the skill stuffs ?

Thanks in advance

- XG

EDIT1 : Orb Or blizz Or Traper ? , whats your opinion ? :lol:

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Orb sorcs are more than viable.

Any armour/helm config is fine, just make sure you have in the area of 800+ life, 75% block, E sheild on at all times and that you have full res....

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

MF NM baal to 75 if you can and you'll probably have the gear to make hell meph a breeze.

4. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Collect any and all gems. Cube them up to pgems. Trade pgems for wizzy/viper/whitstans combo. Be atleast level 70.

Those are the steps to mfing hell meph. Now get out there and farm damn you!

5. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

If you don't have the gear that is safe and has a lot of MF at the same time, there's nothing bad in changing equipment before you kill Meph for instance, from life/resist armor and helm to 4T/3T. I know, it's annoying, but it doesn't take much time if have it in inventory - just couple of clicks.
    But it's nothing compared to losing all your best stuff simply because you didn't have max resists when teleporting.

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

*shivers*

Did he say lidless ?? :eek:

7. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

whats wrong with lidless ?

8. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

No block.
    No faster block rate.

(And, of less importance here, no resistance).

It's a sc shield. You want to go die, use a lidless.

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

The thing with Lidless is that by equipping it you automatically lose any and all credibility you might have had in terms of anything HC related, except of course amongst other Lidless users. Of course the amount of people you'll actually find using a Lidless is so small that you could turn your friends list into a Lidless Users support group and it could contain the accounts of every single Lidless user on HCL for your appropriate realm. And if you do happen to build a character with Lidless you will find a support group invaluable as you will constantly need someone to complain to over lost characters, so maybe that all works out.

It should be noted that at one point Lidless did have a valid use -- 7fpc is sexy to have to the point of offsetting the fact that you're using Lidless to do it, however Spirit is now a much better choice for that role, regardless of the 160 or so HP you lose by using it.
    Oh, I could also concieve of using Lidless in a 95% ES build for the +%mana bonus on it...I'm just not sure I could concieve of said build being overly successful in HC, but hey, if anyone gets it to work in a way that doesn't involve avoiding all areas with Gloams and running away from all mana burn bosses then good for them.

10. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

If you're going to use Lidless, you might as well use a staff.

Lucky

11. XtasyGrizzly

XtasyGrizzly IncGamers Member

Well hey.. I can allways change my lidless to that black shield with much block :uhhuh:

12. Valar-Wrath

Ok, STINGER.

:uhhuh:

13. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

or use an insight polearm (on yourself)

hey, if they're ci, you can always thwack em

14. Valar-Wrath

Could you please explain this technique known as 'thwack'? How is the art of thwacking? Can you thwack me please?

P.S. Xey if you somehow pass me in post count I'm going to have to seduce you...

15. PawnOfChaos

PawnOfChaos IncGamers Member

You can always build an orber like mine :)

She was mildly twinked; pcrown/wizzy/spirit shroud/mfists and some rare gear.

I got max block, used viscy until my first ss dropped (thank you ancient tunnels!). Maintaining max-block is key, but I also wound up with dungos + ss for some nice dr.

She seemed impossible to kill, I loved teleing around with her and tanking mobs (just showing off to my brother, not actually advised ><). Did countless Meph/Tunnels runs, leveling her to 87 (without even getting past hell Diablo, tunnels are GREAT for a cold sorc).

Alas, the lag-monster is any character's master, as she found out, which prompted me to take a break from hc, and now I've lost all those mules full of stuff she found (I literally made 4 NEW mule accounts just for her findings)... wait a minute... I need to remake her... trying to fight the urge... OMG DIABLO IS CALLING!#%

Jeff (back to hc again, lag be damned)