Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Orb Sorc -and- ChainLit Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by colojaro, May 1, 2008.

1. colojaro

colojaro IncGamers Member

Orb Sorc -and- ChainLit Sorc

If I want a FO sorc that can eliminate all monsters with 8 players in a game what should I use? Infinity will break immunities when mastery wont right? If I have infinity should I just have one point in Mastery? What is your setup for PVM? I don't want a cheap sorc, or a MF sorc. Sometimes I might even PVP with it but dont focus on that.

I recently tested with a hero editor to see the difference with "players 8" between a CL sorc with infinity on merc and a CL sorc carrying infinity. I found that I was much more effective (with elite gear on both) with holding the infinity and it was comfortable having the insight on the merc. What have you found? Your own opinion.

I tried looking through guides and found a lot of outdated info. I was hoping for a more current view.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Orb Sorc -and- ChainLit Sorc

If you can afford an Infinity (and also carry it on your own, for the enemy -res), just build a pure lightning sorceress. FO is there for when you have to deal with immunities, but Infinity breaks 99% of Light Immunities in the game.

3. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Firstly, masteries can't break immunes. Secondly, almost no cold immunes can be broken, even with Infinity. Consequently, there is no way for FO to eliminate all monsters, and certainly not in players 8.

4. colojaro

colojaro IncGamers Member

Let me clarify real fast, I am talking about 2 different builds I intend to make.

I wanted feed back for both.

1) What do you think about carrying the infinity for CL sorc

2) I noticed with the CL sorc I could remove most light immunes with infinity, are you saying its different (worse) with the cold skills? You can't eliminate there immunity?

Thanks for the replies

--------
    edit
    --------
    I just tested some of this in single player, your right about not breaking cold immunes. So my orber has to use like CL or anoher backup skill anyway. I guess I will just make the CL sorc and not the Orber. Its sad that Blizzard waited some of this stuff so heavily in one direction.

I would love to make some effective Fire Trappers, Fire Druids, Summon Druids, Poison Necs, Vengeance Pallys, Throw Barbs, Warcry Barbs, etc. but only a few "mainstream builds" can really do well in 8 player games (Hammers, Lit Sorcs). Oh well.

So still what do you guys use for your lit sorcs? Do you carry the Infinity?

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  5. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

The high cold resistances is a balance thing - since cold resistance gets reduced by cold mastery, rather than elemental damage added as with fire and light mastery, monsters tend to have bumped-up cold resistances in hell to compensate - even above 100%. This in conjunction with the 1/5th effectiveness of breaking immunities across the board makes it very unlikely for a cold immune to be broken.

Re: infy, yeah I think most light sorcs who can afford an infy do carry one, either themselves or on their merc.