Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Orb/Fireball?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Rygun, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Rygun

Rygun IncGamers Member

Orb/Fireball?

Tried the whole cold/light and it is great for mephy and andy runs, but my skill points in light were wasted. i want to know if a orb/fireball sorcy would be good. fireball at even leve 15 with allsynergies at 15 does nice dmg. and for all of them fire immunes, rapage with cold

2. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

I'm a big fan of FO, and I've found that once you get used to the delay of meteor, its easy to make it work for you and have a great dual-attack. Check out the Meteorb guide above for a good pro/con on the two.

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

well, in regards to the cold/light reference. chain lightning, the gem of the lightning skills, is good for clearing areas and multiple opponents, its horrible at boss runs.

iether fireball or meteor will solve that problem if you don't want to clear areas fast. most ppl prefer meteor, i like fireball better.

4. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Fireball is prefered by some because it's easier to cast. If you have a tank for you, use Meteor, if not, use Fireball, unless you can learn how to use the delay to your benefit. I don't think it's that hard to learn. You just need to mess around with it for a while and you'll get used to it.

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

If you dont have a tank, which is absolutly recommended for using Meteor beside Fireball, you will soon notice the amoutn of space it takes for most monsters to travel to you and so you can see where your Meteor needs to land to do the most damage. Btw. you can fire Fireball which will stun them shortly, so leaving them standing in the downcomign Meteor or its lasting fire on the ground.

If you go Orb/Fireball, simply stick to the Meteorb Template form sasja and instead of maxing out the damage for Meteor you invest a few points less in FM and some more in Firebolt.
    I would recommend not maxing the Firebolt synerygy (unless you are going fire only!), since you will not be using that spell at all. Ideal would something like this if i remember right.
    20Fireball
    20Meteor
    17FM
    3Firebolt

Go and check with her guide at the top of this forum for ideal Fireball distribution. Orb will be just fine with 20FO 8CM.

6. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

I think he can and he should max firemastery as well meli..Of course meteorb doesnt have a finish lvl meaning that even in 95 there are still pts to invest in firebolt to give your fireball that +14% dmg to fireball and +5% to meteor which is just awesome..