Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Optimal Sorc MF Build for Pit/Trav.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Audiofreak, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Audiofreak

Audiofreak Diabloii.Net Member

Optimal Sorc MF Build for Pit/Trav.

I have a lvl 90 sorc, with the following gear:

Helm: Shako
    Armor: Tal Rasha's Guardianship
    Weapon 1: The Oculus Occy
    Weapon 2: Call To Arms
    Shield 1: 100% MF Monarch
    Shield 2: Spirit Monarch Shield /(34)% FCR
    Amulet: Tal Rasha's Adjudication (3 Items, Tal Rasha Bonus 65%MF)
    Rings: 2x 30%MF Nage Rings
    Belt: Tal Rasha's Belt Perfect
    Gloves: Chance Guards Perfect
    Boots: War Traveller Boots

Inventory:
    Annihilus
    Gheed
    10x 7%MF Small Charms
    8x Sorc (I'm not sure which element(s) I want) Skills Grand Charms (Plain)
    Enough room for Cube and Identify Tome.
    ...and I'm working on torch.

I want to make a sorc, optimized for Pit and Trav running. I've looked up most of the well-known builds; Meteorb, FO/CL, Blizzard, etc, but I'm still very unsure as to what would best fit for pit/trav.

You're probably wondering why I'm being so specific on where I want to MF. Well, I've done some research on Arreat Summit, and the Pit looks like the best place for items, and Travanical has the highest high rune drop rate. Can anyone clarify that?

Any input would help, and thanks in advance.

~Audiofreak

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Optimal Sorc MF Build for Pit/Trav.

MF doesn't affect rune drops, so you may want to consider another character for trav (perhaps a gf barb?)

But as far as elements, council is fire/lite immune typically, tho I think torch is cold a lot. Pits have a mix of immunes depending on the spawn, but definitely some fire and cold.

Ultimately, your best bet is the now standard pure lite sorc with infinity merc polearm.

That should let you handle everything.

3. ohvbastr

ohvbastr Diabloii.Net Member

for on the cheap...a CL/FO is good...I typically do that each season...but pure Lit is the best

4. droid

droid Diabloii.Net Member

Council is LI/FI, but Cold immune is the most common in Pits, so there's really no best element for both those runs.

Since Infy Light is the only single-element that can break enough immunes, that's your single-element option if you can afford it. If not, dual element is your best bet, and that almost always breaks down to Orbitaller or CL/FO...

-Either would be equally hamstrung in Trav, since you'd have to rely on Orb to finish off half the Council either way. However, I think that one of the unique Councilors spawns CI/FI fairly often, but I cant remember seeing a LI/CI ever. If none of the Council can spawn LI/CI, edge goes to CL/FO build

-In Pits, I've personally found that the FI Fallen get in the way of your fireballs way too often for my taste, preventing you from hitting the CI skeletons and dark rogues. I like that CL clears entire rooms in the Pits, leaving only Archers left to finish off with FO. The downside is that Archers are the most dangerous type of monster in the Pits, especially if you get a nasty boss pack.

I thoroughly recommend a cookie cutter zealot for pure Trav rune running, since you dont need to load up on MF at all on rune hunters. GF barb does it as well plus gets huge gold piles, but does it much slower (even taking into consideration that you get horks). My Zealot can basically run in completely unafraid and zeal them all down in a few moments, with nothing more expensive than the Dracs.

As far as your Sorc gear goes, I'd recommend going the full Tal's, 35 Spirit, Magefist route for any dual element non-bosskill build. If you're area clearing/Travincalling, you benefit more from moderate MF (~250 is all you really ever need) and high killspeed than from moderate killspeed and high MF. That means all you need is Tal set, Gheeds, Travs, and maybe a couple 10FCR/MF rings (if you're CL/FO). The rest can all be devoted to offensive power (ie, socket with 5/5 light facets instead of ptopaz/ist).

5. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee Diabloii.Net Member

I would recommend swapping out pit running for Ancient Tunnels (AT) running. The AT has the same mlvl monsters so can therefore drop anything the Pits can, but it has no cold immunes. Therefore a CL/FO or Meteorb or any other cold/something sorc would do just fine in there. If you really want to kill the Trav/AT, drop the tals stuff and do pure bliz. However you'll have to then have your merc be beastly enough to quickly kill Toorc Icefist (or just skip him entirely).

-f