Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Optimal pvp bone necro stats, skills?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by MercenaryKnight, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Optimal pvp bone necro stats, skills?

I am going to use a breast plate enigma so I figure I will just use some str gcs to boost it to bp. I guess I will use marrowalk bug since it will just be pubby duels. I was wondering max bone wall spirit spear and teeth. But should I get any other skillls? I was thinking maybe clay golem, mastery, summon resist then maybe points up to decrepify curse. Also what merc is best? I was thinking act1 rogue would do better but I have a fortitude and ethreal obedience cryptic axe and with a might merc he can get up to 8k max damage. Just wondering for input. Also I am guessing theirs no point to try and max block with a humunculous(sp?).

2. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

After maxing teeth,spear,spirit and wall, you might want to forget about the golem and put spare points into bone armor. Decrep is great against people who dont teleport. If you feel like it, 1 to iron maiden. Its great against those typical godly geared jerks that seem to detect good natured duel games and show up, ruining everyones fun by yelling noob when he wins and gold stealing.

With the usual pvp bonemancer gear, (hoto,enigma,spirit, shako, arach so on and so forth) Bone armor is a god send when facing those annoying guided arrow/multishot bowazons. It could save you from a partial hit ww from a barb. It's the physical counterpart of cyclone armor.

You could just keep bone armor at 1 and let +skills pump it up, going instead for a minion to tele with you. I'm not sure that having just a golem will give you the blocker you are looking for. I have no idea about that. I didn't touch the summon tree.

3. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Yeah i figured the claygolem was a tad bit pointless but it would atleast help with killing off traps and other things. I am just clueless on what type of merc to use. I also am not sure if it would be worth it to use like an um runed stormshield and max block which is mainly pointless but since in pubbys everyones usually got atleast 1 bowazon. Should I put any points into revive inorder to have some around to take hits and stuff when i tele with nigma?

I only really have 1 bow if I do get an act1 merc and that is dual shael runed witchwild string heh. Would it be wise to make a white wand from a wand with revive in it?

4. Emerald Dragon

Personally, I do not even bother with a merc in pvp. Sure they can be super tanks against monsters, but someone will kill them, and it will cost you to keep reviving him.

With the +skills from your gear, revives kind of sound interesting. Lets say you use the common gear set up. Enigma, shako, arachs, spirit, hoto, 2 soj, +2 necro ammy. Thats +14 to skills.

Putting 1 in mastery of course, put its to 15. Now if you pick skeletons, you can make 7 of them with 455 def and 414 life in hell. If you go revives, you can get 15 that will have 275% extra life and 150% extra damage. Revives sound better because you can have more, and you dont have to have the weak fallens from act1. You can go and get any monster you want.

I recommend the revives. Heck, you would be done your main 4 skills and prereq/curses (Decrep) at around lvl 80 by using your skill quests. From there, put 1 in skele,skele mastery, mage,revive,golem and golem mastery. 6 points and you got yourself a nice minion stack. Dam....I shoulnd't have went bone armor. Oh well.

Nah, I'f your making a white wand, look for +3 to spear or +3 to spirit, or both on the same wand if your really lucky. If you get a +3 to bone spear wand and make white out of it, you got a +8 bonespear wand right there.

I use a white wand because I dont have a hoto. I made it from a +3 bone spear, +3 terror, + 1 skele mastery bone wand I shopped from drognan in act 2 normal.

5. MercenaryKnight

MercenaryKnight Banned

Main reason I was thinking about a mercenary was because I figured the revives would take damage while the merc would dish out damage to help. Also I was wondering since you tele with a merc+minions and your all in the same spot who takes damage from incoming attacks? I remember that the bear would take damage for the druid when u tele with it but I dunno how it works for necromancer. So I should put 1 into decrepify 1 into revive would it be a waste to try and use summon resist to 1 point?

6. Emerald Dragon

Definatly put 1 into decrep. People that have to chase you around on foot instead of tele will be in deep trouble if they get decrep cast on them. Sure, put 1 into summon resist if you want. I think the main point of getting summon stack is so homing skills like guided arrow or spirit will not hit you.

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

8. Emerald Dragon

I did a little research today on magical attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Magic attacks ignore defense and hit evyer time because they are not physical.

- Having max resist doesnt do anything since magical attacks are not elemental.

- The ONLY thing that can Reduce the damage of magical attacks is the "Reduce magic damage" mod. Which can only spawn as a suffix on blues/rares with the highest being 6 mdr (lol 6 damage off a 815 minimum damage spear).

-Unique/set items that spawn with MDR (Nagel) generally do not have enough to even make a difference, and therefor, trying to "Stack" MDR will probably get you killed faster.

-There are no items that have MDR%. Only straight numbers, that are pathetic to say the least.

- Magical attacks are in essence unblockable, ignore players defense, unresistable attacks that are only reduced by straight numbers.

Are any of these points wrong? Or are they all right?

9. Mad Mantis

A Crafted Safety Shield has the Magic Resistance +(5-10)% mod. It will also decrease the damage of Magic attacks.

10. Emerald Dragon

I see. But who would wear a saftey shield in pvp?

11. Mad Mantis

Beats me, but it is another way to decrease the damage from magic attacks. :uhhuh: