Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Optimal build for Mfing w/ gear Available

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ravenheart, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart IncGamers Member

Optimal build for Mfing w/ gear Available

I'll go ahead and get right to the point to save time more less.

I have a level 79 sorc I havent used in awhile really and wanted to take up using her again for mfing purposes.

Eq Wise I have the following Available.

CTA(4-4-4)
    "spirit" Monarch
    Occy
    Low-Escuchas
    COH(low end in Ap)
    Magefist
    Wartravs
    Shako
    Arach's & dungo's
    "Insight" (basic kind for merc more less)
    Anni
    Torch(can buy one; just been lazy...)

Offhand; with that available; what kind of setup would i be looking at more or less to maximize the effectiveness of the eq i got on hand?

General opinions and personal preferences are welcome.

P.S- I dont got offhand MF areas im looking to run; w/e you think would be best is fine by me:p

Ty ahead of time for any opinions and or help:)

2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Re: Optimal build for Mfing w/ gear Available

Meteorb, Orbitaller, or Blizzballer. They are more or less the same and can run just about everywhere. Or you can go pure Blizz and run cows, council, Ancient Tunnels, Mephy.

3. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Whats a low-end CoH? There are no variable stats in CoH :)

Thats a pretty generic MF sorc setup, though...you'd probably go with Occy's over Eschuta's, which means you can hit the 105 BP and you're loading up on +skills. Pretty much anything except a CL/FO, for which you wouldnt hit the 117 BP, will be just fine.

I think a dual element will be better than a pure element, though...you get the versatility to run anywhere, and pure element builds shine a lot more when you build specifically for that element.

4. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

As droid says, if you just want to randomly mf anywhere/everywhere then a dual element build will serve you well. However if you have a particular target or targets sometimes a single element build would be more efficient.

Personally I'd save the "low" CoH for a different char, load up with Full Tals and go orbitaller / meteorb, and a 35 spirit (or a 25-34 one and 1 FCR ring) and you're good to go.
    I know you wanted to use the equipment you have, but imho a CoH is kinda wasted on a sorc when Tals is one of the the best sets in the game, and probably the best by a mile on a MF+Bang-for-your-buck scale.

5. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Go blizzard and start running ancient tunnels + mephisto.

6. Nekrolysis

Nekrolysis IncGamers Member

You'll net more MF through other options. The set is cheap enough bar the amulet though.

The best belt for MF would be an upped Goldwrap, seeing how it has a 30% MF. It needs to be upped to get the full 16 boxes for potions, although it's easy enough to get the runes and supplies to do so.

7. TurtleBay

TurtleBay IncGamers Member

Tal's set gives good enough mf without sacrificing other attributed compared to uniques. ** from the armor, 65 from the set bonus, 15 from the belt, 40 from gheeds, 78 from an ist and two p topazes... 286 mf without really sacrificing any gear slots (other than the useless hat needed for the set bonus). Close to the 300 mf level where diminishing returns is rough - and with this set (and perhaps a torch) skillers are strictly optional, so carry all the 7% mf small charms you want.

If your crazy about mf, a tal's sorc can even use a 4 ist monarch and and ist ist ali baba on switch for the killing blow.

8. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Ist is a waste in Tal's; ptopaz are too; ultimately you're better off with appropriate facets for faster killing, but ptopaz is cheap enough to use until you get facets. Ist, not so much. You're better off, in fact, trading that Ist for the best facet you can find for the price (Ist can definitely get a 3/3, probably better), and then upgrading later.

With full Tals + Gheeds + Travs, you're already over 250. Two Nagels puts you over 300. Plus whatever 7MFSCs you care to use. Socketing for MF has severely diminished returns.