opinions on weapon

dagee

Diabloii.Net Member
opinions on weapon

I found this awesome magic cruel ogre axe. Stats: two-hand damage 105-548, fast attack speed, 30% increased attack speed, 278% enhanced damage. I was thinking of using a socket quest. Opinions. Does anyone know the number of sockets i would get?

Lensor

Banned
dagee said:
I found this awesome magic cruel ogre axe. Stats: two-hand damage 105-548, fast attack speed, 30% increased attack speed, 278% enhanced damage. I was thinking of using a socket quest. Opinions. Does anyone know the number of sockets i would get?
If it is magic (ie blue color) there is a 50/50 chance of 1 or 2 sockets when giving it lo Larzuk. Rare, Unique and Set items always get 1 socket.

dagee

Diabloii.Net Member
shoot, only one or two. I was hoping to make a runeword of some sort. Oh well. If that's it then there probably isn't a reason to keep it.

darksentinel

Diabloii.Net Member
You can't put runewords into magical, rare or unique items. Only into socketed items (ie they're name turns up grey - ethereal items can also be made into runewords)

IronCamel

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't say it's useless though. A Cruel Colossus Voulge of Quickness was being traded quite sucessfully recently, not by me though :D

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't use a socket quest on that thingy...In 1.09 it would have been quite a behemoth weapon but in 1.10....well there's Bonehew that has almost the same stats and already comes with sockets and can picked up at Hell Mephisto for only 9$. Too bad cruel weapons aren't so godly anymore, they are really cool.