Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Opinions on the Buriza XBow.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arthial, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

Opinions on the Buriza XBow.

I really want to make a Pit Strafer using Shankies Guide, just the WForce is suggested, and I have heard that the Buriza XBow is a good bow, just would it work till I find / trade for a WForce or not? I currently have a Hammerdin Lvl.** and a Fishymancer Lvl.24 But I want a character with good crowd control and I feel that Shankies Pit Strafer would work for me. Suggestions/Opinions/Tips would be very appreciated, thank you!

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Opinions on the Buriza XBow.

It's one of the top choices (if not the) before Windforce/Faith. Just don't expect to go fast in high player games.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I use it for leveling my bowazons. Apart from the huge maxdmg/level bonus, it deals massive cold damage and it has 100% piercing. However, it's a bit slow, in spite of its 80% IAS bonus. When you are through with nightmare, you should switch to something better, like Faith or WF.

4. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

Thanks for both of your posts, I have always wanted to make a Shankies Pit Strafer but just haven't had the time to level another character up. I'll be using the MF set in the guide but the bow will be different until I can afford a WF/Faith.

5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yeah Buriza will do you fine for starters...the big problem with it is that it can only get to /4 strafe, under ideal conditions, while non x-bow bows can get to /3, a big difference. Also, bolts only stack to 250 while arrows stack to 350, which is an annoyance to me :)

I'd definitely start with a Buriza for a strafer, but I'd keep my eye out for any 4os Matriarchal Bow or GMB that you could make into a Harmony...I'd personally take Harmony or Eaglehorn over Buriza till you get your hands on a WF, but thats largely a matter of taste and playstyle :)