opinions on 63 PVP char please

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
opinions on 63 PVP char please

Hey, just finished my pally and i'm quite pleased, but I don't want to find out i missed something obvious so i'm just putting his stats out there and asking for anyone to flame the hell out of me for forgetting something really obvious if thats the case :)

63 pally
fana/zeal

6.2k zeal /w fana
75% block
5.8k ar /w raven/angelics
3.5k ar /w 2x ravens/atmas
22k Defense /w def merc [[opinions on this? is it high enough?]]
12k Defense (base)
1.5k life
30% fhr

I believe with the wpn I use and max fana I am hitting 4 fpa, so no need to post ias.

**right now i have a complete empty inventory**

i'm thinking i might need some sharpies to help balance out that AR, but i'd also feel comfortable heading into a duel with life > 1.8k. I'm really really leaning towards getting a cta, which would put me close to 2.5k i would estimate, which wouldnt be that bad.

Anyone with any "dos" or "donts" or "why dont you try this's" i'm more then open to hear em :)

thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Aaron

ADSL

Diabloii.Net Member
If you stay away from conc barbs and smiters i think you will be safe :)

Stats looks pretty good, but imo the life is low i wouldnt go duelling without a cta.

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I agree, get a CTA. 1.5k is a bit low, as in, easily 1hitable if they land one.

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
The life would scare me as well...

Not bad zeal damage, solid def....AR will probably be your next big issue, next to life that is.

Over looking good.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah i definately dont plan on running out and fighting some zerkers/conc babos right yet.

1.5k life is with an empty inventory. so after i fill it with vita and sharpies, i'm thinking i should be able to get that AR up to a reasonable amount, and at least another 300-450 life in charms.

Oxy

Diabloii.Net Member
Er, yeah, more life. My Druid with ~6k life at level 56 or 65 can lose half his life to a single WW/Zerk.

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
8k AR? Man i wouldnt even consider stepping out in the field with less than 15k :), dont forget to chant yourself with demon limb.

~Foxfire~

Diabloii.Net Member
Any deadly strike/cb/%cast items or charges? Is this a purely melee char, or do you have resists? If going vs casters, do you have a pt into charge for entry? Out of curiosity, what exactly is your gear :p

If you're going to go cta, get some decent +skill gear to bump up the duration. The 3% life per bo lvl isn't going to seem as significant as having a decent duration. It'd suck to bow out because BO ran, or die 1h for the same reason.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
My gear's taken care of, no worries ;)

but you're right if i do go cta then definately will accompany it with some prebuff gear. No point in fighting other prebuffing ppl and stand on something so simple as my "morals" and get killed :)

So i'm in a duel game with a 59 babo who's chirping away, so i join with my 69 BS nec. he hostiles and runs out. I'm geared pretty much as well as you can plan for 69, and he couldnt wait to duel. Fishy? maybe. So i poke my head out to make him think i'm coming out, and run back into the middle of town. Just as i do it he TP's to town runs to stash, switches some gear (i dont know which but his armor disapeared so i'm assuming he switched shaft to fort or something of the sort) and takes his tp back into moor. I mean it's a rookie dueling move its not like it caught me by surprise but it was funny to listen to him chirp so confidently. So I decided I was interested enough to see why he was so cocky. So I poke my head out again, instant tele-zerk, thankfully my tele with enigma is faster, however he lands directly on me a 2nd time, instant zerk, a 3rd miss and i'm back in town.

Having suspected the user of AutoAiming (not knowing exactly what it looks like myself having never used it) I say something along the lines of "wanna try dueling me without the AA?"

his response is "its 2005, not .08 anymore nubbles, get with the times"

pretty pitiful :(

Anyhoo, if i can get the pally up to about 2.5k life I'll duel this guy AA or not, 0 def zerk vs 22k def zeal, i'll take my chances. After all, without chances we'd all be softcore duelers no? :)

cheers

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
AzaZaz said:
Anyhoo, if i can get the pally up to about 2.5k life I'll duel this guy AA or not, 0 def zerk vs 22k def zeal, i'll take my chances. After all, without chances we'd all be softcore duelers no? :)

cheers
Zerk= 9 frame interruptable
Zeal= 6 at least, non interruptable

You should win :)

HoD

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:

HoD

thats the plan ;)

I might switch from angelics to highlords/raven or atmas/raven for that duel as well

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:

HoD
Accept nothing less than 4 frame zeal :), not like its hard with an oath anyway. Just dont give him the chance of scoring the first hit.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
4 frame zeal is already in the bag on my wpn + fana alone ^^

coupled with my massive defense, AR is up to 6k now, life is up to 1.6k and still half an inv of empty space....Gonna start working on that life see if i cant bring it to as close as 2k b4 CTA as possible

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
so I sparred with a 60 fortitude WW barb last night.

i went into the duel with 1.55k life and wasnt satisfied so i switched over a low cta from a PVM char and boosted life to 1.95k for the duel.

Landing hits during his ww with zeal wasnt easy, (6k AR) However I did connect a few times, not for big hits but it was at least something, he ww'd me a good dozen times before hitting me once (22k def) and then it was only a scratch. He also had trouble hitting my Defiance merc who's def is only about 12k. He finally killed the merc and then decided to zerk on me. Soon as he went to zerk, i went in to zeal, 0 Def vs zeal, i'm gonna try and tank the odd zerk he may land for the multiple hits i can land, he hit me once for about 900 dmg, and then chickened as soon as i landed a 4 hit zeal, wasnt a very big dmg zeal, my dmg is like 6.5k but my min is pretty low.

Anyways, I wasn't disapointed at all with the amount of times he missed me with ww, but I definately need to adjust life before going against a dueler who knows what he/she is doing.

Cheers

ADSL

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick question about what weapon you use?

Personally i would use grief Pb, unless you dont wanna be taken for a smiter.
If you dont want that, my second option would probaly be something like a Death BA, you need like 60 ias outside of a lvl 20 fana for 4 fpa zeal. lvl 64 ofc.

I guess you are using a oath cryptic?