Opinion on Auction House type system

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Opinion on Auction House type system

I'm actually fond of merchant characters but that only seems to work in MMOs or other games with persistent worlds. You'll see them being used quite often, even in games that also have auction houses.

Bashiok has stated that there will be "auction house functionality" in the game in one form or another.

cacophony

Diabloii.Net Member

MMO is now synonymous w/ the persistent online world type games; but even then, there's tons of instanced content, kind of like the D3 game world. In fact, you can kind of look at it as though the persistent world and its economy is there to support the instanced content (raids and rated PvP). I have absolutely ZERO issue w/ a persistent auction house supporting the instanced content in D3. If there is no AH, no way to trade or sell things while I'm out in the wilderness killing stuff or at work or asleep, then D3 will have failed, hard.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

If there is no AH, no way to trade or sell things while I'm out in the wilderness killing stuff or at work or asleep, then D3 will have failed, hard.
I have to agree with you on that one.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

AH is a great idea and of course should be a part of D3 they just need to make gold worth something. so long as gold is as valuable to people as the items a AH will work otherwise it will be skipped over for spamming the chat to trade

Monster

Diabloii.Net Member

The beauty of the AH is that it will force gold worth. Want to use the AH? You'll need some gold for that. People (as in 95% of us) will not go back to chat spamming to get items, when a far superior system like the AH is there.

Flux

Administrator

http://www.diablowiki.net/Auction_House

They've not said much about it yet, unsurprisingly. Just "we want it to be awesome" type happy talk. No doubt we'll get more more details from Blizzcon, though I'd bet they save full details until much closer to launch. When they do present, it'll probably be in big chunk of info at once, ala the Artisan video.