Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Opinion Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by sutra, Mar 11, 2004.

1. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Opinion Needed!!!

Hi,

Just wanted to know what is considered by the Pala lovers, what is the most sucessful build one can create for doing Primarily PvM in Hell.

Any opinions are welcome...

Thanks

(i know that this already might been asked before, but it could be some new opinions outhere, do please have a little patience :evil: )

2. zero_hour

zero_hour IncGamers Member

Ive got a Hammerdin that owns everything in hell. Hammerdins are kinda slow at first but once ya get yer hammers doin nice damage its a cake walk :uhhuh:

3. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

I am planning a Frost Zealot... I think its a fun melee build...

4. *Cyrus*

*Cyrus* IncGamers Member

I'd have to say for all around fun in PvM... Avenger is my favorite. I may not be a "Paladin expert", but Avenger is just all around a solid class. Absolutely awesome for party play, and quite resilient in independent games as well.

Hammerdin is great, and quite self-sufficient for hell games. But since everyone has one now, it kinda subtracts from that build.

5. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

Got a Hammerdin, he owns.
    I am looking at making a Mage Paladin (less emphasis on Hammer, added FoH and Holy Bolt), they are certainly as strong as if not stronger than a straight Hammerdin in Hell.

6. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

there are many builds that one can call "sucessful". if the user has 1/2 a brain most of the common build would do fine. now frost zealots, i made 1 for fun and to try him out, i didnt take him past lvl 80 and into hell but i loved using him with my might merc with reapers toll, this cast decrepify witch will slow them more and weaken monsters, azurewrath is also good pvm item, makes u look sexy :uhhuh:

7. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

As it has been said, there are plenty of successful pvm builds. My pvm Tesladin (holy shock zealot) was a blast to play with, and completely dominated norm and nightmare. He still does really well in hell, just have to be strategic when you find lit immunes, but he still thrashes everything else.

MajorB

8. twighlight

twighlight IncGamers Member

i know that it has been made a million times before but i still really enjoy making pure zealots. apart from iron maiden these are simple to survive with in hell, max holy shield with defiance and a guardian angel makes you invunerable to everything apart from magic and still in my opinion very fun to play with. for me running do single area exp runs has become a bore and so exploring is the key, i have played pretty much every area in hell and killed everything.

9. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

I'm sure you can find guides for all of these relatively easy. Most of them might be stickied at the top of the page. Hammerdin seems to be leading the pack for paladin, followed closely by Fanatacism Zealot, Avenger, Frostadin, Chargadin, and a bunch of other builds.

I have a hammerdin and a freezealot (frostadin) and personally I can tell you the frostadin is a much more fun build to work with, IMO. But if you're looking for a straight up "as powerful as can be" build, then go with hammerdin.

10. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

I am enjoying my freezadin very much. The only problem is iron maiden!! What is the best way to go arround that? Punch the guy like i do with my fists and holy freeze aura?

11. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

Sutra, there are a number of ways around iron maiden.

The first and the one I use is to keep a nice wand handy as your weapon switch, or at least in your inventory as you fight oblivion knights. The second is, of course, to keep your fists in weapon switch, though this can pose a problem when there are a lot of minions that need taking care of in a short amount of time. The third is to just let your merc take care of them, although this can be rather long and dangerous (for him).

I'm sure there are tons of other ways. Anybody else have suggestions?

12. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

Options range from
    1. Let your merc do the work. Suboption: feed him Full Regen Pots or he dies
    2. Do the work yourself, feed yourself pots
    3. 1 and/or 2 above and use a wand with Life Tap charges.
    4. TP out, go visit the town healer. This is the quickest.
    5. Retire from combat and wait until the curse wears off
    6. Retire from combat and use Cleansing aura
    7. Change your attack to one using a larger portion of elemental damage (Vengeance for instance). IM only returns physical damage done.
    8. Switch attack style from melee to casting if you can, go from Zeal to FoH for instance. FoH is handy because IM is cast by undead, FoH and HB are the perfect undead killers.
    Using auras that slow down your opponents is not an option because you cause the damage via the curse not the other way around.

13. Darkist Reign

Darkist Reign Banned

Why did you leave out bow and throwing weapons? Thats what I have heard is the best way to take down things when you are ironmaidened(is that an english word?) I have reviewed the Ranger index and it seems you can build a Paladin around nothing but bows, I think that is very nice.

Travis

14. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

First, thanks for all the awnsers.

When u say "Using auras that slow down " are u refering the Holy freeze aura?
    Because It as a very good cold damage even with fists.. and cold damage isn't returned by IM isn't?