Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

opening other people's games in baal runs etc

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MapleBarb, Sep 3, 2006.

1. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

opening other people's games in baal runs etc

I'm just curious what you all think they accomplish by doing this. I mean aint like the person who's opening cant count to the following number. So are these people who kidnap games just trying to ruin what at times is a good run?? Or they just do it because they're stupid to the point that the person teleing to the throne then joins and teles that game as well? :scratch:

2. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

um say what? sorry that made no sense :shocked:

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

He's refering to making the next game in a series, as opposed to letting the person who has been making them make it. It usually isn't a big deal, as long as they don't make it the wrong difficulty I don't see the big deal. And sometimes people want the quest. Why not let them do it? Better drops for everyone.

4. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

When I baal people, I open games so no one get quest accidentally. Thats hard if it happen on hell after hours spent into this char or to someone who not have the possibility to twink his char for surviving in nm or hell. Never open a game in a row before you asked whether you are aloud to or not. So everyone knows or even better kill baal in a private game. A lot of people will spend this 5 minutes and help.
    I noticed that the b.net user which call everyone *â€%ç# and the ones which opens game unasked are most often the same.

seralph

5. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

My old bowazon got to nm at lvl 30 or so because someone had make the game and didnt have the quest

6. emar

emar IncGamers Member

It bugs me too, because 90% of the time it does open in the wrong difficulty.

I have a friend that when hosting his own runs, absolutely refuses to join the game already made. So they made 9 did they? Next run folks!

I guess I'm anal too but I won't tele a run I didn't make. Leechiness or something like that. :wink2:

7. grimreaperofsouls

grimreaperofsouls IncGamers Member

what bugs me is when your running someone to help them and be nice they always ask you to rush them through the next difficulty for free and if u say no they call u asshole or some other noob comment and leave. as if thats gonna hurt me

8. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

I had a friend who would baal with me, and when they went to make the next game and it was taken, or if someone said what game name was next, rather than the person doing the runs; then they'd skip that game everyone went to and make the next one in sequence. If they don't have enough respect for the game maker to let them call the shots then they don't need to be in on the fun.

9. Murderya

Murderya Banned

Same thing with Chaos Runs... I don't mind unless they make it in the wrong difficulty, but they usually do.

10. grimreaperofsouls

grimreaperofsouls IncGamers Member

and then wen u find out its the wrong difficulty u just wanna strangle the noob who made it right lol :hang:

11. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

Some additional thoughts:

Maybe just only fear.
    To be sure you are not the one which have a screen saying game full.

Maybe an attempt to glitch-rush a char.
    Stay with char which you used for opening the game in throne-room and hope someone leaves game because he noticed that's a quest-run and bring in a lvl1 char which you have rushed before. Party him an let him stay in town.

Maybe scpk.
    Soft core player killing is as stupid and not half such a kick as in hc and happens most often people new to this game.

So I behave like emar's friend

@ Inokis: good point

12. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

if im runnin through baals, if someone makes my game i just go to the next number and start up again with a new batch of people

13. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

A good idea is to tell people the next game number after the last wave when some of the noobs have already said "ng" etc and left even though they did not create it. The key is to make it a random number like 12 after 9 and so on - those who stay will know, the rest will fill up with new players.

Mike

edit: it is also a good idea to create a random channel for baalruns so that people can meet there - especially if you have a good team and do not want some random idiot to spoil that.

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I also won't join a game that some idiot made when I'm the host. Most of the time, when I'm hosting a public Baal run, it's with a bunch of my friends, so if some fool makes my next game, there's a chance some of my friends won't make it in due to the new game being full.