opening cow level

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
opening cow level

just finished hell... got rushed from act 3 to act 5 and only diod the necesary quests. I'm level 82 and i wanted to do some cow runs.

i made a game... got the leg and put it in the cube with the tomb of town portal but when i wanted to open it said "can't use this yet":cry:

any ideea?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Just to get this straight:

1. Your character solved the hell Baal quest.
2. The leg is from hell difficulty.
3. You have never been in a cow game with that character, at least not while the king has been killed by somebody who hasn't done that so far.

If that's correct, you should be able to open the cow portal.

Suiling

Banned
Er, hhhrobi, in my opinion just do the followings:

1. Kill Baal in that game first.
2. Go to Act 1 and make portal without exiting the game where you killed Baal.

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
Just to get this straight:

1. Your character solved the hell Baal quest.
2. The leg is from hell difficulty.
3. You have never been in a cow game with that character, at least not while the king has been killed by somebody who hasn't done that so far.

If that's correct, you should be able to open the cow portal.
now that i think obout it i was in this one game where someone killed the king... i it wasn't a game created by me and i didn't do the kill. I was in the party :sad2: ... will i be able to open cows?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Even though the king is immune to lightning, he is not immune to direct LF hits. They always hit and probably strike with 100% piercing when wearing Razortail (which is a must in cows), so sooner or later your LF zon would have had a cow king accident anyway.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
My Lf zon has never killed king. It takes a lot of direct hits (especially in an 8 player game). I leveled zon from 76 to 90 in cow games only, then stupidly was doing pubbie cows and someone killed king. Made a new zon, and have got him up to about 89.5 in cows alone. Not once did I come close to "accidentally" killing the king.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I should have added I didn't delete my character. It is a very high level mule, which has the advantage of not expiring in 10 days and being able to get into a hell game.

Good luck on the rebuild though, be very careful in public cows!

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member
Why delete and rebuild because you cant open the portal with your zon? You can open the portal with another char, then bring your zon in to do the work.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Nolecub said:
Why delete and rebuild because you cant open the portal with your zon? You can open the portal with another char, then bring your zon in to do the work.
Maybe because of time issues of having to wait 5 minutes for a game to perm before switching? Unless you have a friend willing to hold the game for you for a few seconds of course.

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
i have no space for mules on that acc :smiley:

rebuilding won't take long.. people on the forum are very nice and are willing to help with rush and leveling

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member
@Evrae--True. I normally pass the time by getting the leg, then a quick walk around the neighborhood visiting Meph, Shenk, and Pindle.