OpenGL Missing Perspective On Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdjohnson

Diabloii.Net Member
OpenGL Missing Perspective On Mac

Yay for 1.12 patch fixing OpenGL on Intel Macs. Fantastic.

However, I see no difference between OpenGL and Software. The one thing I was hoping for was to have the perspective option but it seems to still be unavailable.

Anyone else running an Intel Mac and having this issue? Or has anyone heard Blizzard address this issue or provide a solution?

Thanks.

Gorny

Banned
Re: OpenGL Missing Perspective On Mac

Yay for 1.12 patch fixing OpenGL on Intel Macs. Fantastic.

However, I see no difference between OpenGL and Software. The one thing I was hoping for was to have the perspective option but it seems to still be unavailable.

Anyone else running an Intel Mac and having this issue? Or has anyone heard Blizzard address this issue or provide a solution?

Thanks.

Please don't spam.

If you started a thread about this there really is no need to post the exact same question in another thread.

One post/thread is fine.

jdjohnson

Diabloii.Net Member

Please don't spam.

If you started a thread about this there really is no need to post the exact same question in another thread.

One post/thread is fine.
Ok, that's very understandable, but unless you have an answer—you're spamming also.

Just ignore/remove the other comment and move on. Geez.

Gorny

Banned

Ok, that's very understandable, but unless you have an answer-you're spamming also.

Just ignore/remove the other comment and move on. Geez.
Oh, no.

We're not going to go that route.

See, I'm not spamming, I'm moderating. More to the point, I'm giving you a friendly warning about how this site runs. End of discussion there.

The other post will stay right where is, as well.

Fair warning to you, not reading or not knowing the forum rules is no excuse to break then, nor does it mean you are exempt.

Good day.

Actually, you should know the forum rules already, after all you did click on that little check box that confirms that you have indeed read the forum rules. If you have not yet done so, go read them now. They are linked at the top of every forum page in gold letters with a red hyperlink pointing to the rules. There are 10. Read them all. Next, read The Community Forum's Rules and Link's Thread, it is both linked in my signature and stickied in this forum.

jdjohnson

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, you should kno the forum rules already, after all you did click on that little check box that confirms that you have indeed read the forum rules. If you have not yet done so, go read them now.
I failed to originally review the rules of this forum because I was in a hurry, hoping to get this issue resolved with the help of a great community. However, within every great community there is an arrogant child moderating the forum, which I knew would come to the rescue when I slipped up.

However, since you asked so kindly in your passive aggressive manor for me to read the rules, I went and checked out the section on spamming. Please see below.

Spamming: So what constitutes “spamming†anyway? Some examples include: making a big deal out of your post count; making a crappy post with the intention of bumping your thread back to the top of the boards; posting the same thread in multiple forums and numerous other things - but I’m sure you get the picture.
The claim that I was infringing on your rules is actually false and leads me to believe that you sir have failed to uphold your honorable duty of forum moderator by not reading your own rules. Just to be clear here is what I did:

1. Started a thread on a troubleshooting issue I was having.
  2. Posted a comment in a separate thread which, although on the same base topic, had a far different discussion that I felt a matching comment of that nature could benefit others.

What I did not do:

1. Make a big deal about my post count.
  2. Make a crappy post in hopes to bump my thread.
  3. Post the same thread in multiple forums.

I'm sure you could wiggle your way out of this by claiming my activity fell under "numerous other things", but then, could you really not place your response within the same category.

Honestly, neither of us have the time to waste over these silly matters (I hope) and I shouldn't have agitated your ego the way I did in my response, it was not very forthcoming of me. However, I would be pleased if we could end this little bickering match without continuing to respond as to—in the end—get this issue resolved without further postings which will ALL most definitely fall into the category of spam.

Gorny

Banned

I failed to originally review the rules of this forum because I was in a hurry, hoping to get this issue resolved with the help of a great community. However, within every great community there is an arrogant child moderating the forum, which I knew would come to the rescue when I slipped up.
Like I said earlier, not reading the rules is no excuse to break them. This applies to everyone on these boards, regardless of subforum. On the Arrogant child comment, ifi really was an arrogant child, I would have jst closed your thread and simply stated something like "No, you can't ask that here, get out NOOB!

Or maybe this is more like an arrogant child for you: U NUB, U NO POST THAT HERE, I U Dummie" or whatever.

The fact is that I gave you a friendly warning, and you reacted in a less than civil manner to it.
However, since you asked so kindly in your passive aggressive manor for me to read the rules, I went and checked out the section on spamming. Please see below.

The claim that I was infringing on your rules is actually false and leads me to believe that you sir have failed to uphold your honorable duty of forum moderator by not reading your own rules. Just to be clear here is what I did:

1. Started a thread on a troubleshooting issue I was having.
  2. Posted a comment in a separate thread which, although on the same base topic, had a far different discussion that I felt a matching comment of that nature could benefit others.

What I did not do:

1. Make a big deal about my post count.
  2. Make a crappy post in hopes to bump my thread.
  3. Post the same thread in multiple forums.

I'm sure you could wiggle your way out of this by claiming my activity fell under "numerous other things", but then, could you really not place your response within the same category.
Passive agressive, hmmm sorry no, for me passive is merging posts, editing them, making minor corrections like fixing broken quotes or the occasional word that is not spelled right. Moving threads also falls under the passive catagory.

Agressive you say?

Um, no I'm not into agressive mode just yet. Agressive includes locking thread, deleting them giving Infractions (warnings that stick to your profile where only us moderators and staff can see them), as well as temporary and permanent bans from the forum. If I was agressive towards you I might have just locked your thread and disallowed it's repost for 12,24,36, hours etc, and yeah I can do that.

While we're at it, take a look at rule #2 right here, It starts post it once and post it nice. Read the rest: http://forums.diabloii.net/rules/

So yeah, it's in the rules.

Honestly, neither of us have the time to waste over these silly matters (I hope) and I shouldn't have agitated your ego the way I did in my response, it was not very forthcoming of me. However, I would be pleased if we could end this little bickering match without continuing to respond as to—in the end—get this issue resolved without further postings which will ALL most definitely fall into the category of spam.
It's actually up to you if we keep going at this, you can either simmer down and drop the attitude, which I might say is childish and somewhat close to a temper tantrum, or you can push it further and see what happens.

Bickering. No sorry. I don't think so. If I have to do so, I'll just end this and you won't post here anymore.

So final warning here, do you want to end this and back down or do you want to push things and risk a temp ban or a ban.

Your call, fair warning.

Astronaut

Diabloii.Net Member

Just wanted to let you know, I'm running Diablo on an intel mac as well and I can't check the perspective box either. I don't know what the problem is though. Could it be the crappy integrated chipset not supporting this?

jdjohnson

Diabloii.Net Member

I think it might have something to do with the chipset, that's the only thing I can possibly come up with. Just so frustrating to have a nice computer and you're unable to use the full features of the game.

Gorny, not even going to read that. You're being far too abusive of your position here on a forum. Moderators need to intervene when they are needed, not when they're a nuisance. As you can see this thread would have worked much better for your community had you not gotten involved and let the members actively discuss the topic.

You're not getting paid to do this, so do what's right, not what makes you feel like a big boy.

Have a good day, and thanks so much for the response Astronaut. I'll keep you updated if I find any downloads to fix this issue (if the powers-that-be don't ban me ;)

Gorny

Banned

I think it might have something to do with the chipset, that's the only thing I can possibly come up with. Just so frustrating to have a nice computer and you're unable to use the full features of the game.

Gorny, not even going to read that. You're being far too abusive of your position here on a forum. Moderators need to intervene when they are needed, not when they're a nuisance. As you can see this thread would have worked much better for your community had you not gotten involved and let the members actively discuss the topic.

You're not getting paid to do this, so do what's right, not what makes you feel like a big boy.

Have a good day, and thanks so much for the response Astronaut. I'll keep you updated if I find any downloads to fix this issue (if the powers-that-be don't ban me ;)
If you are not going to bother to read that, then this thread is closed and it may not be reposted.

If you do read it then you may PM me for any discussion about why the thread was locked.

If you repost this thread, you risk a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.