Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

op gauss channel rules (RFC)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by dyolf, May 7, 2008.

1. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

op gauss channel rules (RFC)

the gauss channel is now quite well frequented, so that we regularly have 8pl hell baalruns. in order to keep this running and fun for everyone, i propose some simple rules:

drops, no grabbers paradise (especially at hell baal) please:
    - the runner gets first pick at all drops (hey, those guys are normally decked out and dont really pick up many items anyway)
    - everyone else can have a look, and normally the player who needs it most gets it
    - if someone doesnt get it, .exile

request for comments!

2. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Re: op gauss channel rules (RFC)

Cut and dried dude, fair play!

I should be on Thursday, maybe tonight if i'm lucky...

3. glynnbo

glynnbo IncGamers Member

Well put :)

Is it possible to put a .rules command on the op?or would that be neccesary.

4. dwaasjetuw

dwaasjetuw IncGamers Member

I m usually only in the runs for the exp, but i dont like the rule about runner gets first pick. Id rather walk as a group. The danger of teleporting is overrated.

5. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

First off, i'm East, but I don't think that really changes thing much.

Tell that to the Fana/Might/Amp Dolls/Frenzytuars/Witches/OK's/etc.

While its not dangerous everytime, there are more than enough times that you risk your character. Hell, there has even been a few times while I have had to TP at the stairs and walk up to the Throne.

People also don't like to walk as a group because the exp tends to be alot slower, plus, if you are leveling to wear your gear, the Throne is alot safer.

Whenever I port runs, Throne drops are give it a few seconds to let me see, otherwise its fair game. I at least want to see what drops. As for Baal, like said, since I am well enough decked out, I don't even bother picking up half of the stuff that drops because of no need. But if that gold amulet drops, I like to see if its a Mara's (although a Noko most likely).

The best way I find to do Baal drops, is after I leave, its free for all. Hell, to be honest, half the reason I run Baals is for P8 MFing.

If you want another rule for Baaling, I suggest this:

No TP's on spawning point

Its nit picking, but I hate when its right there and I go to town rather than attacking >_>

Also, Nihla, Shenk, Eld, Mephy or any other MF spot. People like to hit up when the porter is headed to Throne, and thats fine by me, but its unfair when someone else joins the game and starts trying to do whatever monster that someone else has been doing the past xx runs.

I don't know if thats just me though or not, but I don't like when I am say running Mephy and someone new to the runs joins in and tries to run him as well. It causes tension with me.

6. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Yea, porting is usually safe, but we've all had those thrones where you can't find a spot to TP because everything goes crazy when you tele through.

One person is risking anything to teleport so they get drops. You aren't risking anything in town, thus you get second choice.

7. dwaasjetuw

Well i m not forcing anyone to teleport. Its their own choice to teleport to the throne and risk their character. I myself like the thrill of teleporting through nasty thrones with lots of gloams dolls and ok's. And i teleport in the runs aswell.

8. hestah

hestah IncGamers Member

I think these rules are good, its true that most characters who can teleport down to throe room usually have good gear already and dont need everything that drops.

9. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

tele gets drops as always been a rule everywhere, thats just the way things go.

10. Koyen

Koyen IncGamers Member

I tele not because i love to, but mostly when there is noone else who could do the job better. For me somehow teleing is by far not safe and smooth, especially with 6-8 people in.

However when i tele, all drops are free for all. I wouldn't dream to claim "first pick"...that's just not in my nature. That said, if someone else tele - i'm all fine with letting them pick. Heck...i almost always let comrads pick all drops :)

The only thing that irritates me - happy grabbers. Folks, we are a community. We are here to help each other and make our gaming experience better. There is hope however - we are a tight and rather small group so there shouldn't be a problem to teach newcomers "our way of playing".

Cheers everyone

P.S. By the way i'm still looking for +2 pala +10 fcr amulet and would gladly pay a lot for it

11. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Well, in an ideal world you wouldn't need to set forth rules like this. When we used to run with the old gang every drop would sit there and it was lovely. You could see what fell from Baal, something I haven't had happen in games for a while.

This is just to make sure that rules are in place so that if people are grabbing excessively you can hold them accountable for it.

12. dwaasjetuw

People that grab should get only 1 warning. When they do it again "because its an old habit" they should get a temp ban for 2 weeks from the channel and from all gauss games.
    In those 2 weeks they can practise how to not grab in their own lonely baalruns. If that didnt help just ****list them.

13. Koyen

Koyen IncGamers Member

When we see someone, who doesn't run with us usually, it's our responcibility to let them know what rules are. Considering the fact that we all - smart people, and most likely our friends aren't dumb too...all this should go smothly.

Please remember - instead of getting pissed at someone, it's almost always useful to talk with them first in a calm fashion. That most likely will help them to understand their mistake instead of just turning them into even more obnoxious :)

14. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

And they're not forcing you to play in games where the guy who does port gets drops =)

15. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

from what i've read, i take it that we all agree that grabbing is not acceptable.

this is not because of the drops, but because the game losses the feeling of playing companians. many players, me including, will leave a game very fast once it takes that turn.

so i think its best if everyone just immediately asks people not to grab should they do it. after that first warning, they get banned.

16. dwaasjetuw

I was waiting for that respons to come!

17. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Sounds good to me...

BTW, dyolf, why can't I enter the Op Gauss channel?

18. dwaasjetuw

maybe you ve been in on a not safelisted acc. you can msg me with the new acc to fix it for you. acc = rj.

19. dyolf

dyolf IncGamers Member

i've safelisted your account, pm me if you still cant enter.

20. dwaasjetuw

i had already safelisted him aswell. somehow his acc is disappearing?