Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

OP Gat-West Group

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by madman68, Mar 12, 2004.

1. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

OP Gat-West Group

I was talking to CAT after he helped Pooh take down DC about starting up another Gat-West group. Our last one only lasted a month and then fell apart.

You folks want to start a new group? Time and day can be decided later along with characters.

Who wants to play?

|madman

2. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

You mean like the "Gat Friends" group on East? I played in that group for one round and it was a blast. Depending on the night, I would be game. I am playing in an untwinked group on Friday nights. So my only other available night would be Monday. Since I am already playing in one untwinked group I would prefer to go twinked (the more better :lol: ). Please let me know what you thoughts are.

TM

3. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

I'd be up for that group. Good to hear pooh finally got d-clone, I know he's been looking for a long time. =]

4. Khianna

Khianna IncGamers Member

Count me in. Always up for a game with you guys.

5. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Im not a gat-west participant but would love to participate also. And am also available to help with Dclone on West if Im on. No worries about getting the charm with me. I have like 4-5 extra on mules already. I just love kicking his @ss.

*corndog

6. laughingtiger

laughingtiger IncGamers Member

Count me in. I play untwinked on Fridays also. =) Much thanks again to Corndog for helping me w/ D Clone the other night. The D clone killer build of his is impressive. Took the sucker down in a couple of minutes. It was my first one and I hadn't expected to run into D Close so soon after getting my skellimancer into act 1 hell.

7. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

Actually this is not about gat-west, but more about trying to help people meet some other people if that makes any sense. Gat helps in that it has some basic rules of conduct already built in to participate and a channel to meet in. Gat west needs no sign up to enter so it is easy to use. lastly, of course I would like to participate.

8. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

The original concept of GAT isn't for everyone. If you dont like to share items, gat isn't for you. If you don't want to take risks to help others then gat isnt for you. If you like to use third-party programing, gat isnt for you. If all you want is to be rushed then gat isnt for you. And if all you are into is pking then gat isnt for you.

But...

If you like to quest, share items and experience, have fun with regular friends, then gat is your place. Its not the only place like that, there are others, ie misfits, basin, etc, but you are welcome to op gat-west anytime.

9. The big "T"

The big "T" IncGamers Member

I'm an Eastcoaster that plays on West (gives me a chance to virtually hang with my bro who lives out west).

Are you thinking about running Pacific, Central, or East for times?

If PST, are there any Eastcoasters that would be interested in playing earlier?

In other words, I'm very interested in participating. Buuut, work will preclude me from being up to all hours of the night on week nights.

10. rpgforumsnet

rpgforumsnet IncGamers Member

I enjoyed my poison necro, lightening sorc much much more than my uber orb sorc and hammerdin, but it's hard to find good ppl to party up with in pubbies.

So I agree with terry, if you guys want to start a team of twinked underdog builds, count me in. I think that'll be fun.

I can try a
    throw barb or
    spearzon or
    kicker (actually not a underdog but I haven't tried building one yet :lol: )

11. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Don't you dare try to get me started on gat. Op gat west isn't much like the eastern one, it's more sparsely populated as for...for ever. Thats why I think no one even stopped in anymore

12. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

I think the lobby system has more to do with it.

13. terrymanning

I moved to West before the patch and there was rarely anyone in the channel even then.

TM

14. Flyte

Flyte IncGamers Member

I'm going with Terry on this one. No one visits the channel at all anymore. I met a few people on GAT-West, but they have long disappeared from the realms. I moved to East; much more activity on East, and way more trades on East in the HC Trade Forum.

15. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Its threads like this one that can change that, can't it?

16. terrymanning

I used to hit the channel every now and then when I played in the evenings but stopped when there was never, and I mean never, anyone there. It's like asking my wife for a 3 gaming nights a week. After a year or so of her saying no, I just stopped asking. :lol: I am willing to start checking the channel again, but since I only play two nights a week, I cant just "hang out" in the channel. I have to spend the time that I have actually playing.

TM

17. The big "T"

The big "T" IncGamers Member

one can only hope. i've been popping in every now and again (Gat-West), but end up sharing air with the bot. i always assumed i was out of synch because of the time difference (east to west). it's starting to sound like that might not be the case.

i'll be on later tonight (guessing 8ish EST), if anyone else is interested i would be willing to kick around a new character (been pondering a throw/frenzy combo, or go completely nuts and try a necro - i've not done that yet).

*tjw2, or *tjw3

18. Ratel-OWNS-Ity

Ratel-OWNS-Ity IncGamers Member

didnt bother to read all this but if you are starting up a Gat friends group Im in. I have everynight free sept for Tuesday.

19. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

Having spent countless houres in the gat-west channel, i am an expert. First all my friends came from the channel it just did not happen overnight. The Safe cow channel sucked Gat-west dry. Back in 9 cows were it and i mean it.

I would useally park my char in west afk while eating and doing other things and i learned who did visit by reading the msgs after I came back. Plus some times people would invite me to join their game when i came back.

Version 10 has made it harder. After every run i would drop by the channel in 9 and in 10 it is useally only before i start playing or am done. The chance of seeing people really diminishes when this happens. That said, meeting new people who like playing the way baalos has stated it interest me greatly. If you are in channel and want to play, and see me speak up, i am useally able to play in all diffulculties with some character that I have.