Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Oops

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grishnakh, May 5, 2005.

1. Grishnakh

Grishnakh IncGamers Member

Oops

while reading old threads I noticed that i had sinned: :eek: I posted before introducing myself. I've played d2 in the past and recently started back up after two years. I look forward to contributing lots to the spf and recreating the uber frenzy barb i erased accidentally a few months ago. My current pet project is a frenzy barb in act iv(n) about to run big D. I'm off to wreak havoc :D

2. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!
    What gear was the Uber Frenzybarb, which you accidentally deleted using?

3. Grishnakh

Ik set -weapon
    botd and fury

4. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

EDIT: How did you acquire those items, and how could you carelessly delete them?

5. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!

Heh shoulda used Beast instead of Fury while you were at it :D

-Slayer

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF Grishnack, and enjoy your stay:)

(I foresee another heated discussion about illegitimate runewords:()

7. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Asking stuff like that never does anybody any good. Unless people are really dumb enough to post runes reading "classic" you're not going to solve anything. Do you really think just because a rune reads 1.10 Expansion it's legit? If I want to, I can send you 20 "legit" zods in 2 minutes.

8. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Gieb legit zods. :p

9. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

You do see my point, though, don't you? All this beating around the bush is kinda redundant. You either trust people or don't trust them. Atma readouts never prove the legitness of anything. All you can prove is unlegitness.

10. Grishnakh

if i still had them, yes. and yes, they were all made by me legitimately. thanks to all for the welcome

11. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

And what items is your new frenzier going to use? Beast + EBotD?

12. Grishnakh

i'm currently flying by the seat of my pants,(I have no idea) :D Advice? i'm lvl 34

13. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

What are the best 1h weapons that you have? On lvl 34 dual bloodletters seem to do the job quite well.

14. Grishnakh

I have a magical war sword which gives 11-43 damage and another which gives me 8-23 with 1-95 lightning. as you so astutely guessed i am in need of a higher damage/life leeching weapon. players one is a breeze but players 8 is sucking with ok's and swarms of venom lords thx for the advice :)

15. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Maby that uber frenzy char was made on b.net, becouse it's realy hard to believe that you found zod, jah on sp...but maby there is players with sick luck, who knows.... ;)

16. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Enough.

Stop talking about legitimacy and illegitimacy.

This isn't how you greet someone, it's how you sound like an elitist dick and give the SPF a bad name.

Now back on topic.

First things first:
    Welcome to the forums Grishnakh. Hopefully you enjoy your stay

Second:
    While your claims of eBotD/Fury could very well be true, you'll find that most people don't take well to newcomers claiming to have high runewords, especially one that requires Zod/Vex and another that requires Jah/Gul. I'm not going to doubt that you had them, I'm just going to warn you that a lot of the members get really edgy about things like that, and they will call you out on them if they're suspicious. Try to not be offended, think of it as people being very cautious.

I wish you the best on your frenzier. As for suggestions? Crainte Vormir(I think I misspelled that) are fun swords to use on a Frenzier. They will have you literally screaming across the battlefield. I guarantee no Extra Fast boss will ever ever catch you. My experiences with Frenziers have always been maces, though(Gogo Schaeffers), so I'm not much help.

17. Grishnakh

I sold my soul to D in exchange for the zod. Not really_ :rant: months spent alone in the basement with cases of mountain dew and cartons of camels, my friend. it took an entire summer of nothing but D, and i kick myself in the @rse (to the point where I can't sit down :mad: )when I look back and say "I just wasted something I paid for with my immortal soul"

18. Grishnakh

thank you for the insight. I came here on advice that a friend gave me. I'm sorry if i offended anyone or if people don't believe me. I try to be honest and kind to everyone I meet, so please don't call me a liar or cheat. As all of you have played far more than I, I don't have to tell you how much time it took to put together a character of that magnitude. I'm gonna leave now and look up the swords Serdash and Masas recommended. thx to all for the welcome/advice :worship:

19. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

welcome!

take time out from your Mountain Dew and Camels to enjoy a welcome :drink: on me

just a note on what Serdash said: i believe there have been a couple of incidents in the past where newish players have traded higher end items which have been found later to be hacked/duped and hence it may take a while for some of the forumites to warm up to you, but by being honest and working to establish yourself as a trusted and respected member of the community you can put any doubts behind you

:) matt

20. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Sorry Grishnakh.That basement story hit my heart :)
    Your now one of us, so enjoy your stay, 1 more non stop D summer and you will have that botd :cool: :thumbsup:

P.s Welcome ;)