Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ooooh thank you miss andy

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CoonerTheRed, Feb 14, 2004.

1. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

ooooh thank you miss andy

so after hitting lvl 75 with my sorc, i decided to do some nm mf runs to improve her gear before moving onto hell. Now, when I do runs, I have to do a LONG run (too many boss harvests is boring) so i've been doing countess, andy, trav, meph, eld, shank, pindle. Takes about 20 minutes. But anyway, the first one of the night, i hit nm andy, and the lady was kind enough to drop me an ali baba... smells like good luck tonight :D

2. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

Isn't Ali Baba pretty common? It's the Ists that present a problem...

3. CoonerTheRed

i guess some would consider them common... i still like the positive karma of a good drop on the first of the night

4. annr

annr IncGamers Member

i've found two of those swords and i play a whole bunch, however some items are common for people while some aren't.

good luck :)

5. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

upgraded alibaba anyone? gimme sum stats? :p

6. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

*Stares at his IstIst Blade of Ali Baba and his few Ists on his mule accounts*

Really? Problem? Not for me. ;)

Lucky

7. -_-

-_- IncGamers Member

i use babba on my sorc, that and a skullders and or a shako is all the mf you need.

8. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

I have like 5 ali baba's. I agree it's the IST that's the problem! I found Gul and Sur, but no Ist (and everything below Ist). Still waiting. I also only mf in Hell.

Masa

9. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

IST? IST? We don't need no stinking ISTS! ;)

I simply popped in some jewels with mf on them, they might not have as much mf as an IST but they do the trick. Also lets face it ali baba has a good amount of mf to begin with, and for ghetto players, like myself, its a great find.

Gratz on the find Cooner. :thumbsup:

10. CoonerTheRed

muchas gracias... at least some other bum who doesn't have 6 babas and 24 ists hanging around on mules :D

unfortunately it went bye-bye when my mf sorc didn't notice that lister and pals weren't moving due to lag... (she thought they weren't moving cause they were blue with glacial spike frozenness... stupid her) doh well- easy come easy go. And she at least got me 2 mules of decent gear richer after plenty of good nm runs. i've been dropped more often than baby with a leaky diaper lately... go go dialup. Time to rebuild [/whiny rant]

11. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

LOL Nah I have the odd item or two that is of higher quality but generally I am not the uber lucky or persistant player. I still play, but not as much as I used to and generally I like to spend that gaming time playing with friends. As for obtaining the godly gear, sure its nice but I am just not into the game enough anymore to go pounding on hell meph or baal constantly to acquire it. Plus I would probably give most of it away anyways. All the arguments I get into these days over gear usually involve me insisting that someone take something for free because it would make me happy enough to see them enjoy it and that it goes to better use than sitting on a mule. :D

12. CoonerTheRed

my problem is i'm lazy... i don't usually enjoy mfing, so as soon as i find something worth keeping, i trade it or use it on a new character... sometime they work, sometimes they don't (i've had good luck with throw barbs and beserker/singers (1.09) but bad with melee palis and spearazons), so i end up losing as much as i keep. much more fun that way, but it means i'm eternally broke :D

13. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

I've never found an ali baba (even in 1.09), so :p to all of you that think they're so 'common'.

I've found skullders, vamp gazes, shaftstops, titans, buriza, etc all in 1.09. I even found 2 ists in 1.09. But I never found an ali baba.

I didn't know nm andy could drop them, thats good info as she should be very safe and easy to run.

14. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

I actually had Norm Baal drop me one once :D

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

When you have anew MF Xorcy wiht basically no MF and an Alibaba drops right off the bat its godly!

When you dont have squat and Bloodfists hith the ground they are godly!

Hell Andy on my first solo run dropped Gheeds, Valk Helm and Occy in one drop. She has since been guarding her goodies better and not given me much!

16. Radagast

Radagast IncGamers Member

:eek:

Now there's a drop. I must admit, hell andy can dish it out. I found my first soj (first dropped at least) a few weeks ago on her. After almost 4 years of d2, it bordered on a holy moment :)

17. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

Mind if I use this comment in my top ten signs you have played too much d2 list?
    ;)

18. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

Halls Of Pain in hell got me a Stormspire i thought it was Toll Reaper but i saw Unique Giant Thresher i was like wow cool never seen 1 before not even in 1.09 hmm ill stick to this area more often me thinks

19. wearethedead

wearethedead IncGamers Member

haha

you think that guy has played to long?
    sheesh i have been playing for about 5 years, but i have found almost everything in the game at least twice so i'm happy. but yeah norm is pretty badass i found soj off norm baal the other day.