Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ooh, shiny!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Stony, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Ooh, shiny!

I always seem to find my best stuff when I'm not trying to. When I run Meph, nothing good drops, no matter how many times I kill him. But it was a random Drowned Corpse in the Great Marsh that dropped Shaftstop for me. Kuko Shakaku dropped from a Hell Cow (I had no magic find on, as I was looking for runes.) This one takes the cake. I was teleporting my charged bolt Sorceress up the Frozen Tundra, killing an Imp or two if I got bored... and a unique ring dropped. "Eh, another Nagelring," I thought. But I had an identify scroll on me, so I picked it up just to be sure.

The Stone of Jordan.

I never, ever thought I'd even SEE one of those. Never never never. And now, I have one. I found it all by myself, really I did. Well, the charged boltress has it. She likes it. It is her precious. :drool:

Excuse me, I have to go look at it again. I still can't believe it.

Stony

2. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

gg, only found one ever in all my years of MF-ing. (09, that is) I'm jealous. :drool:

3. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

Never found one. Ever. I'm a complete loser. *jumps off bridge* *gets shirt stuck on guard rail* *rips shirt* *gets fined for causing a ruckas*.

4. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

:lol:

Sweet find there, I too am yet to find a SoJ but I will one day...... **cough**

:king: Sam :king:

5. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal IncGamers Member

I envy you

Wow that would be nice...*drool*...other than that congratz!

6. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

grats

i never found one of those, they really excist??

7. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Meph dropped me one a copple of days ago. That dude just keeps on giving.

8. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Congrats, Stony! :clap:

The SoJ is one of many items I'd resigned myself to never finding. Couldn't even gamble it in D2C, let alone find one in the wild. But, your story gives me hope. (That and finding two unique amulets today in the same ROOM in the Catacombs. Maybe the WF is finally with me?)

9. chiam_ace

chiam_ace IncGamers Member

Omg...then I must be very damned lucky then.
    Did MF runs all around the world and found a SoJ from NM mephisto, then another from the Pits....
    *kisses his SoJs*

10. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

Sweetness!!! :clap:

Nice find there, Stony. Consider it a reward for your stories. Don't expect to ever find one myself but stranger things have happened. Have a cold one on me. :drink:

11. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Nice find Stony! I have yet to locate either of those...I am the anti-WF.

But like you, I tend to find random drops from typical goons rather than the bossess are where I get my more interesting finds.

12. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Great find stony! :drool:

13. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

great find stony i had 12 or so thanks to the classic bug nowdays i think i have 4 or 3 but still its a nice find you got there:clap:

and for those that dont know if you had nagel ring and mandal heal in classic on your char the next unique ring that dropped was always the stone of jordan.

need is say blizz changed that rather quick?

14. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

It's a rumour, I tell you, not fact.
    SOJs, sure, they exist. But not here, not on the "mortal realm".
    Let it go. It's a pixy, an elf, a willo'wisp. There you go, let it go... gently, slowly, float it my way, let go, let go....
    *runs off with SOJ*

15. Ali Baba

Ali Baba IncGamers Member

Luck sonofagun

Great find man.
    I've only ever found one... then lost it in the 1.09 - 1.10 conversion problem where all your items get deleted. Twas a sad day.

Cheers,
    -Baba

16. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I give you my congragulations on finding the nice shiny ring.

I have found 5 stones of jordan (I had a sixth stone from a trade, but I traded it later in another trade). Personally, I cannot fathom why all the people here complain about being stone deprived. If you want the ring then stop doing your pit, cow, pindleskin, and Baal runs and start doing Andariel Nightmare runs.

With the nice mfers that are around here, I am sure the stone deprived people could easily manage to score some rings. With 510 mf, Andariel nightmare has a chance of dropping the fabled ring with odds of 1:2365. I cannot even stress how good those odds are. She is the best in the game.

If people want the shiny ring and do not want to waste time with the Maiden of Anguish, perhaps I need to start doing her and charging premium rates. :p

17. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i´d rather run for example the pit for a SoJ since i know i might get any item in the game + a soj rather than going back to nm andy :)

but ure right, if u really want this nice ring then andy is a good target. Tried it myself but got none, got bored and moved on :uhhuh:

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

purely for wearing, id rather have a bul-kathos. the onyl thign that oj's have ebtetr is the mana stuff, and if your not a sorc or a mana intensive character, you wont miss it much.

19. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Whee! It's still there today. Finding it with a character who could use it is the icing on the cake. I'm sure Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band is nicer, but SoJ has that aura of unattainability -- or at least it does for people who play Single Player and don't dupe.

Anyway, it is mine now. I am pleased as punch. :winner:

Now I need to find a Lightsabre. And Schaeffer's Hammer. And Baranar's Star. And Arkaine's Valor. And get just one rune bigger than a Pul. And complete an Exceptional/Elite set. And... never mind. I got a SoJ, that's enough for one day. :)

Stony

20. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

You too, eh?
    I've had some good finds from Meph. Nothing spectacular in SP, but on realm, I've gotten a couple BStars, several Shakos, enough Raven Frosts and Dwarf Stars to make me lose count (odd thing though, I haven't found any since the patch), a Stormshield, and joy of all joys, Arkaine's Valor. I've also gotten the usual assortment of mid-range uniques, many of which are quite useful, as well as at least one of every class-specific unique from the v1.09 days (the only v1.10 class unique I've found is Eschuta's Temper, which pales when compared to The Oculus, especially when you factor in the hefty level requirement).
    My one and only Shaft, which I again found on realm, was from the skeleton in the Cow King's castle. I've also gotten a VEX rune, Stormshield, and other good stuff from popping chests, rocks, and bodies in cows and other places. I mean, it's like a guaranteed free kill with a very high drop probability- still amazes me how so many self-professed MFers don't bother to click them.
    Kuko is an underrated bow. It's not an end-game weapon by any means, but it's great for its level. It's also a very nice bow for variant builds, what with the exploding arrows. In the pre-patch days, this was godly, since it was auto-hit, much better than 'ignore target defense'. It's still a nice bow, with a cool pic (if a bit too purple for my tastes), and can make a decent merc weapon through pretty much all of Nightmare.

Speaking of runes, though, I had some good luck with those last night. I'm pretty much a pauper when it comes to runes, having cubed up virtually all my SP runes from the pre-patch days to make Enigma for my bonemancer. After a bunch of pit running last night (my necro was level 85, and hadn't finished Act1), I decided to actually finish up the quests. I blazed through the Catacombs, killed Andy without any problems, and went on to Act2.

A little ways in there- I believe in Radament's sewers- I found a LO rune. About ten minutes later, a MAL dropped. A little later, I got a KO. Coupled with the UM I got from my Nightmare forge quest (earmarked for the Homunculus which I _will_ find one day), that makes for a few decent runes, though I'm still a pauper. It'll be a long time before I can make a 'Doom' polearm for my tanking freeze merc. :(
    Ooh, congrats. The only SoJs I've ever gotten my mitts on were one or two in SP from the early patch days, when you could slap a Nagel and Manald on the same char, then go gambling, and a couple on realm that were given to me. Those two latter are, I believe, the only uniques I've got that I didn't find on my own. Finding one's own stuff is so much more satisfying. :)