Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Online Savings Account

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Starfishied, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

Online Savings Account

I'm just wondering if any of you have opened an account with ingdirect.com. How do you like the service there, cause I'm considering of opening one right now. Or do you know any other decent online back with low or no minimum balance requirement?

Thanks!

2. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Why would you risk an online bank? What is the benefits to a brick and mortar that offer online services?

3. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Actually, ING has a branch not too far down the street from me. They're not solely online.

I've had a savings account with them for about two years and they're the shiznit. :thumbsup: They've never taken a penny out of my account for anything and their interest paid on savings is usually ten times better than most banks I've had. Their commercials are actually telling the truth. They've never touched a dime for my money and the few times I've had to ask a question and called them they've been right on the ball.

You can start an account just by mailing a cheque for a deposit to them, made out to yourself, for any amount. They usually suggest $100 deposit, but you can make it any amount you want. Five bucks if you want. Anything.

4. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

So the interest rates are better? Is that the only thing? Are they any more susceptible to hacker attacks than b&m banks? Is there any hard currency backing your accounts? Does that even matter?

5. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I don't think it really matters. I've got bank statements and records of transactions, so I have proof of what I put in there. All the money you put in IS protected by the federal gov't, though. I dunno about hacker attacks, but I've never had one. The interest rates are MUCH better, there's no fees whatsoever, and a buncha other stuff that's good depending on what you want (mortgage, chequing, savings, etc.).

6. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

You misspelled "checking" Anakha, just thought I would point that out.

Anyway, I may have to check it out. I assume you can get debit cards from them? I will have to compare and contrast with my current bank.

7. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I think you're wrong. I spelled it perfectly. ;)

Yes, you get debit cards.