Online GameMasters [GM]

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member
Online GameMasters [GM]

I believed most of the MMORPG games have online GMs for the following reasons (based on importance):

1)To catch hackers/botters/abusers/spammers and ban them on the spot.
2)To interact with players and hold occasional events to promote the game.

I think Diablo2 LOD should catch up with time and get in-game GMs, there are always an influx of hackers/botters/abusers/spammers and they are pretty annoying.
They also those who take advantage of bugs/glitches and it sucks when we as the players could not do anything.

I also feel once the GMs are established, events could be held, and I'm sure game-wise there are plenty of ideas.
EG. monster summoning event etc etc.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Online GameMasters [GM]

1. d2 lod is not a mmo, it is instanced (uses several servers to play seperate games, 8 players max on each game)

2. d2 is old, (about 8yr, classic released in '00, lod in '01) they should have stopped supporting it a long time ago

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

1. d2 lod is not a mmo, it is instanced (uses several servers to play seperate games, 8 players max on each game)

2. d2 is old, (about 8yr, classic released in '00, lod in '01) they should have stopped supporting it a long time ago
uh huh and your point?

Popularity wise, there's still a decent size community playing *points at this forums* , anyway this is a suggestion to make the game better.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

you can always go to the support channel in chat, and talk to bliz support if you need help or feel someone is cheating/hacking

Voorhees

Diabloii.Net Member

Events as done on mmorpgs can't really be done on Diablo, unless your going to just make it available in every game created. Don't need a GM for that, just a notice.
Also, GMs could be VERY effective at eliminating spambots, baalbots, and pub duel hackers. In this respect, I say it would be very nice. Wouldn't need even any more than someone to work maybe a couple hours a day at it to almost eliminate the issues, as long as those couple hours were random.

How cool is that? That would be very awesome. At least the spambots would be eliminated. Though I think not everybody would be happy to see the amount of Baalbots dimishing by half every hour. I would though.

Tarantella

Diabloii.Net Member

If Blizzard had had online GM's running on their europe hardcore servers 5 years ago the TPPK script users would have been quickly sorted. :)

Stevomoo

Diabloii.Net Member

i like the idea but unless they get more money of us (like a new expansion or pay to play) it is not going to happen

also there is thousands of games at any time so how would they check them all in a few hours. it would be a mojor lol if they got temp banned trying

Alc

Diabloii.Net Member

i like the idea but unless they get more money of us (like a new expansion or pay to play) it is not going to happen
This is the crux of the issue, of course. Hypothetically if Diablo 2 became pay-to-play you could expect to see the bugfixes and GM activity the game needs, but since most of us haven't paid a penny in ~8 years, our position for demanding anything is fairly limited.