Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

One Small Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Freakke, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Freakke

Freakke IncGamers Member

One Small Question

Me and a friend of mine are trying to get the TCP/IP for D2 LoD to work(which is apparently a big problem and this is probably something no one wants to hear.) I actually just have one question about this.

I've been setting my Router to work this whole thing but a few things have come to my attention. One was the address itself. My qyestion right now is Which IP Address do I use? The one for my router, the one for my wireless(which seems a tad generic), or one for my computer?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: One Small Question

The IP address you want to use is dependent on whether your friend is trying to connect over the Internet or is on the same local network as you. If it's over the Internet, then you'll want to use your external IP address. Just go to www.whatismyip.com or a similar website to see this. If it's on the local network, then you'll want to give him your local IP address which you can get by going to Start --> Run --> type 'cmd' --> type 'ipconfig'.

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

Re: One Small Question

be sure to configure your modem to forward ports 4000(tcp+udp) and 6112-6119(tcp +udp) to your router (if your modem has a built in router)
    and configure your router to forward those ports to your pc

only needs to be done on the host side of things
    the client doesnt need to forward ports

specific instructions can be found at portforward.com

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm