One Question about pure summoners

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
One Question about pure summoners

Hi i have just one question about PURE summoners...are these the correct skill points.
20 Raise Skeleton
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Skeleton Mage
6 Summon Resist
1 Amplify Damage
Rest: Dunno help me out with this -_-"

Tell me if im doing something wrong...thank you

Jack Shot

Diabloii.Net Member
ThePowerOfHammers said:
Hi i have just one question about PURE summoners...are these the correct skill points.
20 Raise Skeleton
20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Skeleton Mage
6 Summon Resist
1 Amplify Damage
Rest: Dunno help me out with this -_-"

Tell me if im doing something wrong...thank you
Looks about right to me. As for the rest:

1 Decrepify (Decrepify is your friend)
As many as possible - Corpse Explosion

For myself, I went out of order. I've done 20 to CE, and now finishing off Skeletal Mage.

Best of luck to ya
Jack

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
you need more curses. Put one point in each curse. You never know which one may come in handy. Only one point in summon resist is good enough. Your +skills should boost it up to a decent lvl.

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
oh man...i made a mistake with the resists dammit...
1. will it affect the performance of my summoner greatly or should i keep going with it?
2. should i add one to revive and blood golem and iron golem as preresequence...eugh cant spell

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
ThePowerOfHammers said:
oh man...i made a mistake with the resists dammit...
1. will it affect the performance of my summoner greatly or should i keep going with it?
2. should i add one to revive and blood golem and iron golem as preresequence...eugh cant spell
1. Doesn't really matter. You can spare the few extra points in Summon Resist.

2. Yeah, having a point in Revive can prove very useful in certain situations. The Golems will be of little use.

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
for about mercenaries...i found out that nightmare act 2 mercenaries are the best out of all of the other difficulty levels...so which one should i get might or holy freeze merc? cause i dunno ...holy freeze increases my skeletons chance of getting more hits while the enemy attacks more slower while might just gives my skeletons a small attack boost ...or was it a high attack boost i dunno...

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Either Might or BlessedAim, but Hf is not the best as it causes monsters to shatter thus negating CE ;) . You can use a BA merc till you hit lvl 85 as it will greatly help your skells to hit, but then you have to go back and lvl a might merc again after.. Or you can just get a might merc and forget about it lol. Either way it will be fun :)

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
this is what i have

1 to all curses
20 raise skeleton
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton mage
6 summon resist
1 clay golem (summon resist)
1 golem mastery (summon resist)
1 blood golem (revive)
1 iron golem(revive)
1 revive
Now what???
some skills im considering to add:
corpse explosion
bone armour

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
jonabarpally said:
Corpse Explosion
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Agreed. It works really well in hell.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Agreed. It works really well in hell.
I noticed it also works in Nightmare. Presumeably it even works in normal, but I'm not using it a lot there.

SCNR...

ThePowerOfHammers

Diabloii.Net Member
ok...so for stats right? after i put my str to wear all my gear
havent added anything to dex
havent added anything to vit
havent added anything to energy (plenty and regenerate as fast as i can cast)

should i forget about dex and just put everything into my vit now? cause im using trang and it will take a heck alot of dex points for 75% block...so might as well go all in vit. and i have like 240 points i think

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
My TO skelemancer does just fine with no dex.

For the occasional zig-zagging through monsters I have a Marrowwalks-synergized bone armor, and I simply avoid getting swarmed in the first place.

With everything in vitality I now have >1K life, which makes me feel a lot better vs. black souls and other attacks than 75% or 50% or whatever amount of blocking ever could.